Magic in NYC~June 2, 2012

mousebrat

DIS Veteran
We are booked to sail out of NYC on June 2, 2012!

We've booked Room 8032 which we loved on our cruise in November 2010. We can't wait to go back.

Anyone else going?

Christina, William, Brec (6), and Ashton (3)

from 6/30/12 and saved a bundle! :surfweb:
We are me, DH, DD (6), and DS (5). In connecting SPH cabins on deck 5. Can't wait!! :thumbsup2

Just got back from Disney's Vero Beach and what a hassle driving 1.5 hours from MCO to the resort was after flying 2.5 hours from EWR. Driving to the pier will be a pleasure even if it means driving in NYC (only 20 minutes from our home). Now a November 2011 trip to the parks and June 2012 will be here before we know it! :rolleyes1

ALL CRUISERS CHECK IN HERE

CRUISING SO FAR:
mariaelenak crusing with DH, Dad & DuffyBear & Co.
DuffyBear cruising with DH & DD (2), & mariaelenak & Co.
mousebrat crusing with DH, DS (6) & DS (3)
glnrcker
brookelizabeth cruising with DH, DS (4)
hollypt cruising with DH, DD (11), DD (8)
KristiMc & TopRowSeat cruising with DS (11), DS (8)
bella42065 cruising with DH, DD (6), DS (3)
hopeful1 cruising with DH, DS (2)
ameliaforte cruising with DH
Suz D cruising with DH, DD (16), DS (6), DF (Julie)
FLUFFYCAT crusing with DH, DS (12), DS (8)
Shell54 cruising with DH, DS
Ste123 cruising with DW, DS (19 months)
SweetDolly cruising with DH, DS (2), DS (7)
GoofyTwinDad cruising with DW, DD (7), DD (7), DS (5), and MIL
TraceyGrenier2 cruising with DH, DS (10), DD (7)
foxygirl cruising with DD (2), DS (8 mos)
Arcadian72 cruising with DH, DS (14), DS (11)
Tiggerific71 cruising with DH, DD (10)
Z Cruisers cruising with DH, DD (7), DS (5)
AnneJEPC cruising with DH, DD (9), DD (5), Parents, Brother w/wife, Niece (9), & inlaws!
SheWhoMustBeObeyed cruising with (DH), DS (19), DS (15)
MosieandPixie cruising with (DH), DD (4), DD (2), Mother and cousin
Smootenlooper, solo cruiser
Tally Ho cruising with DH, DS (14)
Designertravels cruising with DH, DD (9), DD (9)
Collectoraholic cruising with DH, DD (16), DD (10)
Cruisinonup2012 cruising with DH, DS (6), DS (3), and Parents
KashasMom cruising with DH, DD (3)
lespaul55 cruising with Sister, Nephew (16) & Nephew's Friend (16)
DisneyDavs cruising with DH, DD (16), DD (13)
mirla122 cruising with DS (3) and her parents

To be added to the above list, please post or private message me the following:

Your DISName, names of the cruisers, ages of the children (at the time of sailing), Stateroom Number, which seating you are in, and what you are celebrating during the cruise.

Let me know if you wish to participate in the Fish Exchange and if you are participating in the FE, please let me know of any food allergies.

LIST OF WHO IS CRUISING WITH US AND PARTICIPATING IN THE FE
https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...hl=en_US#gid=0

Please let me know if I'm missing a celebration or have any wrong information.
The blue font indicates those who have signed up for the FE.

FE LIST IS CLOSED.

Click here for Printable Fish Exchange List

WHAT IF YOUR ROOM CHANGES OR YOU UPGRADE AT THE PORT?
You have a few options.
1. Come to the Meet and Greet and let us know!
2. Stop by my room 6624. My Fish Extender has three pockets. The bottom pocket will have a pen and a folded list with a column that reads: "New Room Number. " Just write in your new room number! It might be a good idea to stop by my room first before delivering FE's to see if there are any changes to room numbers. Also, if you get to a room and you don't see an FE hanging on the fish, DON'T leave your gift on the floor in front of the door. This happened to me the last time. We upgraded at the port and people were dropping FE gifts in front of my old door! So please, just stop by my room to check for the new number.
3. If you are planning on trying to upgrade, bring a sheet of blank address address labels or a packet of neon colored Post It Notes. Write: "We have a new room! ##" Try to deliver your FE the first night so everyone knows your new room number!
4. You can also try leaving a note with your new room number on your old door. This works if no one else is moved into your old room.

FACEBOOK GROUP
Also KristiMc has started a Facebook Group for all of us DISers! If you are on FB you can find the group by searching for "Disney Magic - June 2, 2012" or by clicking here. If you are not on Facebook, this might be a good time to join!

KristiMc has also started a Facebook Group for the kids. So if your kids are on FB and would like to meet the other kids cruising, have them look up the group: Disney Magic - June 2, 2012 - Kids Group

JUNE 2ND MEET AND GREET
We are planning on having a group meet and greet on embarkation day. We'll be meeting at the Promanade Lounge at 3 pm. In order to easily spot each other, please stop by your local Party Store and pick up some neon green colored leis to be worn at the meet and greet.

PIRATE NIGHT
We are planning on taking a group photo of everyone who dresses up as a pirate on Pirate Night anything "pirate" goes! From Disney Pirate ears and cool pirate t-shirts to full costumes! We are planning on meeting in the Atrium Lobby (Deck 3), left corner as you are looking at the Mickey Statue. This is between dinner seatings.

We are on this cruise too! 1st time cruisers. Nice to "meet" you all.

I'm thrilled that the Magic is coming to NYC - we live in Queens! :goodvibes

We are on this cruise too! 1st time cruisers. Nice to "meet" you all.

I'm thrilled that the Magic is coming to NYC - we live in Queens! :goodvibes
Hey First Time Cruiser...you are going to have a wonderful time. We've done several cruises and Disney tops them all.

We will be on this cruise too. It's my husband, Mike, and our two DD ages 11 and 8. We can't wait!!!

Hello fellow cruisers! We just switched our 5-night to Canada to the 8-night! So excited for the extra 3 nights, Castaway Cay and WDW!

We just sailed on the Magic (Eastern Caribbean) in March and loved it.

I am Kristi and my husband Steve and I did a 3-night on the Wonder back in 2000. The cruise in March was a first for our boys Matt(10) and Shawn(7).

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Smart move to switch from 5 days to the 8. Those shorter cruise are, well, too short! Once you get on you won't want to get off, so the longer the better. By the time we set sail on this cruise, it will be our fourth time on the Magic. Was thinking of going on the Dream or Fantasy next year but then couldn't pass up the chance to sail out of New York on a Disney ship.

Smart move to switch from 5 days to the 8. Those shorter cruise are, well, too short! Once you get on you won't want to get off, so the longer the better. By the time we set sail on this cruise, it will be our fourth time on the Magic. Was thinking of going on the Dream or Fantasy next year but then couldn't pass up the chance to sail out of New York on a Disney ship.

Yes, that is why we decided to switch. I am also loving that this cruise will have 4 at-sea days. We loved our at-sea days on the Eastern. Throw a day in at the parks and I think we are going to love this itinerary.

Yes, that is why we decided to switch. I am also loving that this cruise will have 4 at-sea days. We loved our at-sea days on the Eastern. Throw a day in at the parks and I think we are going to love this itinerary.

The four days at sea, a day at Disney World, and no FLYING. It's a winner for me!

I bought the gloss white inkjet magnet sheets from staples to make the ears for the stateroom numbers on the doors. When I tried printing to the ink jet I realized that my DH had taken the ink jet off the network and now we only have our new color laser jet on the network. Switching the cable didn't work. Still couldn't print. So then I loaded the image onto my USB Flash Drive and stuck that into the ink jet. It printed....but too large! The Minnie bow went off the magnet and of course the sizing was completely off for the circle. So I thought, what the heck, I'll just try to print using the laser jet. It came out perfect! Quality wise, better than the inkjet. I read that those magnet sheets can melt when going through the laser jet printers, but my sheet didn't melt. It works fine if you only print one or two at a time. Give the laser a chance to cool down so it doesn't get to the point of melting the sheets. All I had to do was set it for "thick" paper and it went through without any problem. Just thought I would mention this in case anyone else has a laser jet and wants to use inkjet magnet sheets.

Wow. You certainly are getting a start on decorations. I have usually done shirts for my boys and magnets. I used magnets last time that weren't "heavy duty" enough and they came off the door. So, I will be spending more money this time to get the better magnet sheets.

I love this itinerary. We've never been to NYC so we are excited to see the city and take the cruise. Any tips from those that live there?

Wow. You certainly are getting a start on decorations. I have usually done shirts for my boys and magnets. I used magnets last time that weren't "heavy duty" enough and they came off the door. So, I will be spending more money this time to get the better magnet sheets.

I love this itinerary. We've never been to NYC so we are excited to see the city and take the cruise. Any tips from those that live there?

My head start isn't as bad as you think. :goodvibes I'm actually going on a cruise in October as well, so these magnets are for that cruise. I don't go into NYC too often. Which is sad since I can walk to the train station in about 8 minutes and be in Grand Central Station in 40 minutes. In the last 3 years I have been in the City twice. Once to see Mary Poppins and two weeks ago to see the Harry Potter Exhibit at Discovery Times Square. Hopefully you can get some better advice from other people on here. However, I would definately try to see a Broadway show. Lion King is on my to do list for sure.

We are booked to sail out of NYC on June 2, 2012!

We've booked Room 8032 which we loved on our cruise in November 2010. We can't wait to go back.

Anyone else going?

Christina, William, Brec (6), and Ashton (3)

Hi Christina we will be neighbors, Im room 8034 :)

Hey everyone this is our familys first cruise. I was reading some post about door decorations, I know once my kids see this being done they will want to do it also. What are some ideas and what do you use? And why do you do it??? LOL :beach:

Hey everyone this is our familys first cruise. I was reading some post about door decorations, I know once my kids see this being done they will want to do it also. What are some ideas and what do you use? And why do you do it??? LOL :beach:

I found some links for you so you can get ideas:

Here is a link with lots of door decorations:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2011909

Here is a link where you can find the ears: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2172891&page=49

And don't forget your fish extender for the swaps! Here is a picture of the one I ordered from Ebay:

FishExtender.jpg

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter