Magic Bands Upgrade

It is not inventory based otherwise you wouldn't have the same set of bands disappear and reappear 10 to 20 times spaced out by hours. As an example the Genie (old school) band has been on the site during roughly 7 of the 40 changes in offered bands I have looked at over the last day plus.

The only way it's inventory is if they are manually entering in product from random boxes they find.

The bands are almost instantaneously out of stock as well.

Wow, you're really trying to make a point. Not interested!

Wow, you're really trying to make a point. Not interested!

In the facts? Its not my opinion with what has been happening with the magic band selection. Do you have some counter point that would explain why what is happening, is happening?

If you are referring to my other post about saying possibly they should just take down the system? Like I said it doesn't hurt me at all (no one in my group is even looking for anything special) but I was making the point that people uninformed and doing a "once in a lifetime" trip are going to be left in a poor position when 99% of people wouldn't even miss it if it was not offered. It was also a pretty straight forward response to someone it seemed saying you shouldn't complain for a broken system.

It is not inventory based otherwise you wouldn't have the same set of bands disappear and reappear 10 to 20 times spaced out by hours. As an example the Genie (old school) band has been on the site during roughly 7 of the 40 changes in offered bands I have looked at over the last day plus.

The only way it's inventory is if they are manually entering in product from random boxes they find.

The bands are almost instantaneously out of stock as well.
I agree. I have been watching the MB site for several days. The changes come too fast and there are too many people who are not able to complete their order. The MB site still has the warning that inventory is limited. But, it suggests that they are working to replace inventory and will soon have more. I am hopeful that they will get all the bugs worked out. It is hard to believe that this isn't a money making deal for Disney. And if it makes money, they will find a way to make it work.

It is hard to believe that this isn't a money making deal for Disney. And if it makes money, they will find a way to make it work.

They have to have done the math and know if they can get $10 out of on site guests for an upgrade its better than $0 for the bottom line after the cost of production difference between the basic and premium options.

I've checked the magicband page on My experience 8x over the last 24 hours. Every single time a different set of choices was shown!

geez!

That's ridiculous.
Very very frustrating

:(o_O🤪

Why do I feel like I'm going to end up with a gray band after all this? Received confirmation email that my order went through on Friday afternoon, had a pending charge on my cc for $10, but it has since disappeared and the tracking info says the bands should arrive Thursday. My cc should definitely have been charged by now if they were able to fulfill my order, right? MDE is still showing me with the Genie band I picked out, but I'm not holding my breath.

My cc should definitely have been charged by now if they were able to fulfill my order, right? MDE is still showing me with the Genie band I picked out, but I'm not holding my breath.

I wasn’t charged for ours until 4-5 days after they arrived. I don’t think there’s any way to know for sure until they arrive, but FWIW, the ones in our order that were showing correctly in MDE were correct, the ones that were showing gray or nothing were gray. Crossing my fingers for you!!

Why do I feel like I'm going to end up with a gray band after all this? Received confirmation email that my order went through on Friday afternoon, had a pending charge on my cc for $10, but it has since disappeared and the tracking info says the bands should arrive Thursday. My cc should definitely have been charged by now if they were able to fulfill my order, right? MDE is still showing me with the Genie band I picked out, but I'm not holding my breath.

We are on target for a Thursday delivery, too. MDE still shows the correct choices. I couldn't even guess on looking up my CC until the bill comes - too many passwords in my life - I try not to use my actual bank card on the internet. SO if my finicky post office decides to deliver I will know tomorrow, if not then I won't know for a week because I leave for another trip.

Is there any way that I can edit another magic band after I ordered one for someone else? I was able to order one for my daughter and now my husband wants one, but ever since I placed the order for my daughter there is no link to edit or change any of the other ones.

Is there any way that I can edit another magic band after I ordered one for someone else? I was able to order one for my daughter and now my husband wants one, but ever since I placed the order for my daughter there is no link to edit or change any of the other ones.
I don't think you can. You used to be able to with the old system, but with the new upgradeable options being introduced it appears that once you have made your selections they are locked.

Unfortunately, no. Once you've made your purchase all bands are locked in.
I don't think you can. You used to be able to with the old system, but with the new upgradeable options being introduced it appears that once you have made your selections they are locked.
This is correct. I ordered a specialty band for my daughter the day they released these and since I wasn't positive which one I wanted I chose a plain band for myself with the intent of choosing mine later. Big mistake! My band was locked in (thankfully a new colour that I don't have) but I was unable to change my plain band as soon as my order was confirmed. Wish they'd mentioned this before they started this offer as I know I'd have done things differently!

Once I realized what had happened I went in to order a specialty band for myself for the second portion of our split stay but the one I wanted (Minnie bows) was gone and has never come back that I'm aware of.

Thankfully we still have quite a bit of time to order bands so I keep looking. This morning all I could see were the 8 plain bands and 0 specialty ones.

This system is CRAZY!!!

FoxC63 said:

It's not a glitch it's inventory or lack thereof.

but without the inventory, they should not have been showing, hence the glitch in the system. Not to mention all the errors that we were all getting. They clearly fixed the glitch because they don't show the bands that they don't have inventory for anymore.

Last edited:
It's not a glitch it's inventory or lack thereof.

but without the inventory, they should not have been showing, hence the glitch in the system. Not to mention all the errors that we were all getting. They clearly fixed the glitch because they don't show the bands that they don't have inventory for anymore.
[/QUOTE]
So, the question now is which bands will be available for upgrade? Are they making more of the same bands, or are they offering bands that have been discontinued? Since I'm looking for a band that was offered during the first release, I would like to know before I make my choice.

I just received my Haunted Mansion band that I ordered Friday. It still doesn't show up on my cc account as charged or pending but it's the one I ordered and the one that showed on MDE.

I just received my Haunted Mansion band that I ordered Friday. It still doesn't show up on my cc account as charged or pending but it's the one I ordered and the one that showed on MDE.

Yay thank you for sharing! I'm feeling better about it now.

I ordered magic bands last Thursday when they briefly restocked. There were about 10 speciality choices. I ended up ordering 2 castle bands, 2 sorcerer Mickey bands, and a Groot band even though there were other ones we would have preferred and I figured my order wouldn’t be right anyway. Well the bands all came in today and were all correct. They also came with our luggage tags and magical extras card (we are still 94 days out and there were 3 orange tags and 2 gray tags). The magic band charge is still just pending on my credit card. I just wanted to share my experience. I wouldn’t give up hope just yet. 😊

I can also confirm that I was able to place an order with 2 special magic bands, the new Haunted Mansion Wallpaper band and the White Cinderella Castle band, last Friday. Wish we could have got more last Friday, but was lucky to get the two. All magic bands came today and all were correct. The Haunted Mansion one is pretty cool. The White Cinderella Castle is nice too. All had the names printed on them as well. So there is some hope for others who got them that they will come as expected this time around.

Can you post a picture, since MDE only shows the one side of the band, and I have not been able to find a picture anywhere else?

Received my upgraded magic bands yesterday (Sorcerer Mickey and black Toy Story 4) for my mid September trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter