Magic Bands Upgrade

Well now I have no clue what to do. So, I was finally able to get the upgraded magic band into my selections without an error, was able to proceed to checkout, put in my payment information. Then, when I submitted, I got an "Unable to process request" error AND an order confirmed page behind it. So, I went to my email and I had an order confirmation, and sure enough...there was a confirmation for the solid-color magic bands, but not the upgraded one.

I just want to cry at this point.
I would call Disney. I was also able to upgrade my band and got the Darth Vader MB. I got a conformation email afterwards that says I bought the Darth Vader MB.

I also tried to upgrade the MB of my second booking (split stay) and tried to get a different band and for that one I got an error message. When I tried it again 30 minutes later that particular MB was gone but they now have two other bands available that they didn't have before

OMG, how many magicband upgrade threads do we need?!

Anyway @mmackeymouse I'm right there with you! The same thing happened to me as well and I'm on the phone now. What's stupid is they list a phone number 407 939-4357 to Guest Services but that's not who's handling this mess. You need to talk to My Disney Experience Team Members. And yet, they can'y help either. This is sooooo STUPID!!!!

Now I'm being told my order of 3 bands have been placed but only one is correct, the other two are sold out and default automatically to the grey bands. Yeah, happy sweet sixteen to my son :scared: I told them I want to cancel my order and am being told I have to call ShopDisneyParks 800 328-0327 open at 8am to cancel the order.

I was told by My Disney Experience Team Member that if I cancel this order "in time" I should be able to try the whole magicband upgrade nonsense again! :rotfl2:

UPDATE

ShopDisneyParks allowed me to order two magicbands from the app. Shipping was free and I was charged $10 for each band plus tax $21.20 oop! I got
Mickey Mouse The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror / Disney Villains
I was able to use Disney Gift Cards for this purchase too :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Well now I have no clue what to do. So, I was finally able to get the upgraded magic band into my selections without an error, was able to proceed to checkout, put in my payment information. Then, when I submitted, I got an "Unable to process request" error AND an order confirmed page behind it. So, I went to my email and I had an order confirmation, and sure enough...there was a confirmation for the solid-color magic bands, but not the upgraded one.

I just want to cry at this point.

You may want to call Disney at this point. Did your Credit Card get a charge on it when the order went through? Not sure if it will help but it maybe worth a try. There have been some reports where people ordered custom magic bands, and the basic ones were shipped, Disney has sent voucher/coupons to be able to order magic bands from Shop Disney Parks with 15.00 off coupons and free shipping. It may be worth a try.

Anyway @mmackeymouse I'm right there with you! The same thing happened to me as well and I'm on the phone now. What's stupid is they list a phone number 407 939-4357 to Guest Services but that's not who's changeling this mess. You need to talk to My Disney Experience Team Members. And yet, they can'y help either. This is sooooo STUPID!!!!

Now I'm being told my order of 3 bands have been placed but only one is correct, the other two are sold out and default automatically to the grey bands. Yeah, happy sweet sixteen to my son :scared: I told them I want to cancel my order and am being told I have to call ShopDisneyParks 800 328-0327 open at 8am to cancel the order.

I was told by My Disney Experience Team Member that if I cancel this order "in time" I should be able to try the whole magicband upgrade nonsense again! :rotfl2:

UPDATE

ShopDisneyParks allowed me to order two magicbands from the app. Shipping was free and I was charged $10 for each band plus tax $21.20 oop! I got
View attachment 411552

I would if I could just call without a formal order and ask to get the same $10 each. Did they have access to your reservation? Or was the only tracking they had on the actual order that had been placed?

They appear to have taken all the specialty bands down, I just have solid colored ones showing up now. Maybe they finally fixed the glitch

I have a family member who was working this past semester for Disney and I showed her the MBs that were showing up for the discount and she said that the specialty ones showing up (there were about 10 showing up at the time) were the ones that they were taking off the shelves a couple months ago because they were discontinues. If this is the case, then there is probably a very limited supply of these MBs left and eventually they will just run out and there won't be anymore. I'm not sure where they keep finding more to put on the website though.

Anyway @mmackeymouse I'm right there with you! The same thing happened to me as well and I'm on the phone now. What's stupid is they list a phone number 407 939-4357 to Guest Services but that's not who's changeling this mess. You need to talk to My Disney Experience Team Members. And yet, they can'y help either. This is sooooo STUPID!!!!

UPDATE

View attachment 411552
So glad it worked out for you! I was going to reply and advise to keep being persistent with the phone calls... but sounds like you already were. Pain in the butt and sad it has to come to that, but being persistent paid off for us as well. If I added up the minutes spent talking to or on hold for Disney, ShopDisney, and My Disney Experience this past week... that number would probably would be similar to SWGE opening day’s attendance count.

Do we know exactly which of the Themed Magic Bands they are making available for the $10 upgrade? I thought I read some where that it was not all of the ones you can find on Shop Disney. I need to have the wife and kiddos tell me what they want so I can pick them out if they come available.

On a side note, I have read so many of these threads that I have zero faith I will get the upgrades at $10. I will more then likely end up just ordering them from Shop Disney and paying the extra $15 each to get them.

Do we know exactly which of the Themed Magic Bands they are making available for the $10 upgrade? I thought I read some where that it was not all of the ones you can find on Shop Disney. I need to have the wife and kiddos tell me what they want so I can pick them out if they come available.

On a side note, I have read so many of these threads that I have zero faith I will get the upgrades at $10. I will more then likely end up just ordering them from Shop Disney and paying the extra $15 each to get them.
It depends on inventory. You need to go in and see what bands are available.

I got my SSE band. So if they have bands you want you certainly can get them for $10.

When I called, I was told any band that is $25. The only ones not included are limited editions, special event ones, and Dooney and Bourke. At least, that's what I was told. I can neither confirm or deny. lol

Last edited:
This makes sense. DD wants the snack magic band and I have not seen it listed since the initial release. While looking on ShopDisney, it is not appearing there either. Thinking it is discontinued and she will have to make another choice.

This makes sense. DD wants the snack magic band and I have not seen it listed since the initial release. While looking on ShopDisney, it is not appearing there either. Thinking it is discontinued and she will have to make another choice.

@rteetz said it best...
"It depends on inventory. You need to go in and see what bands are available."

If your trip isn't soon like mine is, then you have time to wait until they restock but definitely log in to see what's available. They recently had MB I've never seen before. So just to recap there was a rush this past week (Thursday, Friday & Saturday) then they restocked Monday/Tuesday around 4am.

As a matter of fact I just woke up 3pm from my all nighter. Very frustrating, there will not be a next time either. I will never put myself through this again. Nope!

You may want to call Disney at this point. Did your Credit Card get a charge on it when the order went through? Not sure if it will help but it maybe worth a try. There have been some reports where people ordered custom magic bands, and the basic ones were shipped, Disney has sent voucher/coupons to be able to order magic bands from Shop Disney Parks with 15.00 off coupons and free shipping. It may be worth a try.

I would if I could just call without a formal order and ask to get the same $10 each. Did they have access to your reservation? Or was the only tracking they had on the actual order that had been placed?

There are steps Disney wants you to take and it is all written in your file. Disney is keeping track of everything. That's why you're reading different results like mine. I was not offered a $15 coupon.

They appear to have taken all the specialty bands down, I just have solid colored ones showing up now. Maybe they finally fixed the glitch

It's not a glitch it's inventory or lack thereof.

I have a family member who was working this past semester for Disney and I showed her the MBs that were showing up for the discount and she said that the specialty ones showing up (there were about 10 showing up at the time) were the ones that they were taking off the shelves a couple months ago because they were discontinues. If this is the case, then there is probably a very limited supply of these MBs left and eventually they will just run out and there won't be anymore. I'm not sure where they keep finding more to put on the website though.
I actually seen a bunch of the magic bands that were avail for upgrades inside the parks and there were plenty. I am at a point of just buying them when we get there instead of playing this cat and mouse game that Disney loves to start with their guests. The logical thing to do when releasing the upgrades were to do them in tiers like the dining reservations. If you were 30 days away from your vacation they should've received an email to have the option to upgrade first and then 60 days and then 90 days and so forth. The games Disney plays with dining reservations and having enough product in stock is getting old. I would rather pay $75.00 for 3 magic bands my family wants than to lose sleep trying to catch them for $30.00 at 5am in the morning.

@rteetz said it best...
"It depends on inventory. You need to go in and see what bands are available."

If your trip isn't soon like mine is, then you have time to wait until they restock but definitely log in to see what's available. They recently had MB I've never seen before. So just to recap there was a rush this past week (Thursday, Friday & Saturday) then they restocked Monday/Tuesday around 4am.

As a matter of fact I just woke up 3pm from my all nighter. Very frustrating, there will not be a next time either. I will never put myself through this again. Nope!
Thanks for the tips. I check frequently—probably too much. If it works out great, if not so be it. I’m going in August so I have a little time. I am up at 5:30 am and you’re right, they do have more stock then

Disney could always pull the offer with enough complaints.
Honestly that would be preferred I can only imagine the heartache some families are going through. It's better to not have the option and then no one in the family is upset.

We will be fine but just thinking of others. I can't imagine if my kids were old enough to care and I was dumb enough to say they could come and choose their magic band while I was on the screen only to have them crying over not getting their choice.

It's not a glitch it's inventory or lack thereof.

It is not inventory based otherwise you wouldn't have the same set of bands disappear and reappear 10 to 20 times spaced out by hours. As an example the Genie (old school) band has been on the site during roughly 7 of the 40 changes in offered bands I have looked at over the last day plus.

The only way it's inventory is if they are manually entering in product from random boxes they find.

The bands are almost instantaneously out of stock as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter