Magic Bands Upgrade

Currently I see 18 speciality bands to choose from. I have not tried to actually order one. Still waiting for my favorite to show up again.

I am from Canada and so the bands dont get shipped out to me and so I have to pick em up at the hotel lobby.
My vacation starts July 30th and I choose my bands 2 days ago (regular ones) on the website.
Now I just saw that there is a possibility to get upgraded bands for 10$ but from what I see they are hard to get.
Mu question is: Is it still possible for me to change my band order if I manage to get the upgraded one or is it too late to change since I already place the order? (the option to edit my band is still there on the website)

Thanks.

Does anyone know if you can decline part of your groups bands and then go back in later and add them back? Trying to think of a work around since I can never seem to get all the bands we want available at the same time.

I am from Canada and so the bands dont get shipped out to me and so I have to pick em up at the hotel lobby.
My vacation starts July 30th and I choose my bands 2 days ago (regular ones) on the website.
Now I just saw that there is a possibility to get upgraded bands for 10$ but from what I see they are hard to get.
Mu question is: Is it still possible for me to change my band order if I manage to get the upgraded one or is it too late to change since I already place the order? (the option to edit my band is still there on the website)

Thanks.
If the option is still there, give it a try. But, understand that many people are having trouble getting their orders to go through. Good Luck!

I was shocked to see on here that people were seeing so many bands available over the weekend, because I didn't at home. Logged on at work and a bunch were available, but of course I got errors all morning until they all disappeared again. This is honestly so frustrating I'm at the point where I'm considering just ordering and paying full price for the bands I want, except they don't have the Haunted Mansion wallpaper one on ShopDisney. Go figure.

I cannot even make solid color MB selections, let alone the upgraded ones. When I click on the link to see my MB order, I get a blank page or an error page. This happens every time I try to look at it since the upgrade option rolled out. Has this happened to anyone else? We made our color selections before the upgrade came out, hopefully we still get the colors we asked for.

Quoting myself in case anyone else had been having this problem (not seeing any MB options, just a completely blank page or error message) - this morning I updated my online check in and after I saved that, I was able to get to the Magic Band page! There were a few specialty available but not the ones I wanted.

2019-06-24_115734.png

That looks like the only option as WDW won't ship to Canada. Will be good to hear the experiences of Canadian guests on this one.
I was able to order a specialty band for my daughter the first day they became available. We don't pick it up until we arrive at our resort in September but so far I haven't noticed anything about our order not being filled. She will be so disappointed if it doesn't show up!!

Tons of other options up again but erroring out when trying one of them. This is such a cluster as its all over the place. They should just start a "waitlist" and "top choices" so that you see the full list and then between now and 15 days before you leave if they get stock in they give it to you.

Well, by stalking the site all day, I was able to get the preferred bands for 2/3rds of my party - Haunted Mansion for me and Spaceship Earth for my husband. I went to Shop Disney and paid for the Pride band for my sister, because I was done messing with it. She doesn't care about the engraving or even having the special band, but I wanted her to have the one she wanted. Now to hope my order actually processes through and ships. Good luck to everyone else still in the struggle. It's rough out there and Disney IT is making it far more difficult than it should ever have to be.

I found Ariel finally but it was nothing but errors so I gave up. I’ll try again later

You now have the option to decline MBs on the online check-in screen. I don't know why they moved it there!

Thanks!

Does anyone know if we decline on Online Check in if we can order after the fact?

Right now, there are Magic Bands attached to 3/4 family members. And, today is the last day to make changes or it will be sent out. I'd rather it not be sent out, just in case these other bands end up working out.

Thanks.

You can order up to 11 days before your trip so you can keep trying. Some Canadians have been successful and then some like me have not, I’ve been trying multiple times a day since day 1 with no success. Mind you it’s not just Canadians getting the errors.

Well now I have no clue what to do. So, I was finally able to get the upgraded magic band into my selections without an error, was able to proceed to checkout, put in my payment information. Then, when I submitted, I got an "Unable to process request" error AND an order confirmed page behind it. So, I went to my email and I had an order confirmation, and sure enough...there was a confirmation for the solid-color magic bands, but not the upgraded one.

I just want to cry at this point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter