Magic bands linked?

You don't put your card on a Magic Band.

NOTHING is stored on the bands. They are merely keys to access your MDE account. EVERYTHING is stored in your MDE account, including a credit/debit card number. You can add or change your card information on the My Profile section of the MDE app. Once you've done that the MagicBand will be able to access the card info from your account.

Steve
Super helpful for a newbie!! Thank you.

I have two magic bands and would like to link one of them to my DGD's account, is this possible?? Also if so how do I go about doing that?
TIA

I have two magic bands and would like to link one of them to my DGD's account, is this possible?? Also if so how do I go about doing that?
TIA
Have they ever been linked to any other account? If so, you can't transfer it. If not, there should be a code on the back of the puck on the magic band that you input on MDE. There should be a place under your bands and cards to enter a code.

Thanks for the chuckle with your story.

Just a slight point of correction: the passive RFiD chips do require power, but the minute amount of power required comes from the device being touched (aka Mickey's Head) rather than from an internal power source in the band.

Steve
Thanks, yeah. I was trying to keep it simple, as I have a tendency to write long technical answers that nobody really cares to read. I could go on about the Active vs. Passive RFID, electromagnetic power, etc. I normally do this when leave Disney World, to put the family to sleep so I can have a quiet ride home :crazy2:

TIA

Assuming you mean you have two MagicBands linked to yourself, and want to transfer one to your DGD, then no, you can't do that.

Once a MagicBand is linked to an individual, it cannot be linked to anyone else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter