Magic band + shipping

Arrived this morning 8/10 (Wilderness Lodge), my Magic Band was NOT at the front desk. I ordered 7/27 and it still shows in progress. I asked about it when we arrived and they had a person there who seemed to be specifically dealing with the MB issues. They asked for my confirmation for the band, which I showed her. She went into a specific laptop she had, found my order, and told me I would be credited back for the amount I paid. She also told me the order would still ship and I could use it for a future stay, so it’s a free magic band. I asked about buying a new one on property and getting the same price. I was told I could charge one back to my room and they would credit back the $10 difference between the regular and pre- arrival price. I did have to ask about that, it was not offered until I asked. I was told they made a note on my reservation. I brought a band from my last trip, so I think I’m going to use that and not buy a new one, especially since I’ll still get the one I ordered.
Thanks for sharing - I expect to be in the same situation on 8/22. I’m fine with buying one when I get there as long as my card isn’t charged. Have a great trip!

The good news is out 7/27 order arrived at home today…14 days after order. The bad news is that we arrived at the contemporary 2 days ago. After arriving 4 hours later than planned due to JetBlue cancelling our flight, only offering to rebook us 30 hours later, paying for a same-day flight, the gift shop had at least one of the bands we wanted and they were kind enough to check inventory to tell us where the others were in the park we planned to visit. So, we got a refund and an apology credit. Not even sure where we stand with JetBlue at the moment after 2 hours on the phone with them so my customer service anger has shifted. I am still surprised guest services has not replied to my email from Friday though.

The good news is out 7/27 order arrived at home today…14 days after order. The bad news is that we arrived at the contemporary 2 days ago. After arriving 4 hours later than planned due to JetBlue cancelling our flight, only offering to rebook us 30 hours later, paying for a same-day flight, the gift shop had at least one of the bands we wanted and they were kind enough to check inventory to tell us where the others were in the park we planned to visit. So, we got a refund and an apology credit. Not even sure where we stand with JetBlue at the moment after 2 hours on the phone with them so my customer service anger has shifted. I am still surprised guest services has not replied to my email from Friday though.
What time on the 27th did you place your order?

Thanks for sharing - I expect to be in the same situation on 8/22. I’m fine with buying one when I get there as long as my card isn’t charged. Have a great trip!
Thank you! I’m happy with how they handled the situation. I was not the only one! If you decide to buy replacement bands on property, ask specifically about honoring the pre-arrival price. They were not offering it, I had to ask.

According to Kenny the Pirate:
“Disney Merchandise Guest Services said that they have just been updated with new information. Guests that will be arriving in the next 14 days will be able to pick up their MagicBand+ upon check-in to their Disney hotel.”

Mine shipped early this morning! Although USPS just has a tracking number, no info. We leave in 8 days so I’m hopeful.

Mine shipped early this morning! Although USPS just has a tracking number, no info. We leave in 8 days so I’m hopeful.
As another data point, mine also shipped this morning also with a tracking number and no other info. I ordered around 3 AM on the 27th. My resort stay isn't until the 17th but I leave for Florida on Saturday, so no chance of it getting to me on time. When I called a few days ago, they said, sorry but nothing they could do. I haven't decided if I'm going to bother calling again or just pick up a new band when I get there. I have plenty of bands, but really wanted to try out the MB+ for this trip.

I want to say I ordered a tiny bit earlier than you? Around 5:30? And I arrive the day before you so hopefully you’re next on the list!

I got charged but no email… it might be in my spam somewhere though.

Did anyone else notice this on your MDE order page for MB+? I think I read somewhere on another thread that Disney might be testing their use for cruises. However, this is on the page for our park band purchase, which is still "in progress" by the way. Purchased after noon on launch day and did receive confirmation email.

Pre-arrival, online offer only available to Guests embarking on a Disney cruise vacation. Credit card will be charged when the order is placed. Personalized cannot be cancelled, returned, refunded or exchanged, even if the Disney cruise has been cancelled. Cancellation of a Disney cruise will result in cancellation of corresponding orders; however, if already personalized at the time of cancellation, orders can no longer be cancelled and the non-discounted full retail (or comparable) value of premium personalized will be charged.
iui3

I haven’t been charged. My sister hasn’t either. Main issue is with a split stay these bands are foe the later part of the trip and I doubt they will get here before we leave, is there a way to cancel the order? We leave next Saturday, these bands are for a stay starting 8/26.

I’ll just buy them when we arrive if I really want them, and we have regular
Magic bands from prior trips and the earlier part of this trip.

The charge hit my credit card this morning finally! We leave on the 17th. Hope it arrives in time.

I think I have a little Disney mystery on my hands. Should be fun to see how it shakes out. I emailed Customer Service back (I posted the first exchange) and asked for the bands to be shipped to my resort because they wouldn’t make it to my home by Sunday. I got a response back saying they would be shipped to my resort.
This morning, I got a notification my bands have shipped to my home.
So… we could end up with bands, two sets of bands, no bands, who knows. Poor Disney. Have to wonder if it’s just sipping/distribution shortages. We’ll see what happens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter