Magic band + shipping

My resort stay is Sept 1st. So still 3 weeks out and some breathing room. But really hope we get it in advance.

Ordered our bands on 7/27. Our order is still in processing but we leave on the 31st so hoping they make it in time. Although today, our shipping address disappeared from our order. I wonder if they are in the process of switching it to our hotel?

Ordered our bands on 7/27. Our order is still in processing but we leave on the 31st so hoping they make it in time. Although today, our shipping address disappeared from our order. I wonder if they are in the process of switching it to our hotel?
I just checked my order. I was hoping mine would be changed, as we arrive on Tuesday. Still shows shipping to my home address.

We arrive this Sunday, 8/15. I ordered ours on 7/30 through MDE and my order also says “In Process”. I emailed customer service to see if we could possibly have them delivered to the resort instead to ensure we get the bands and this was the response:

“Your MagicBand order is currently processing for shipment.
You will receive a shipment notification via email once your order ships.

MagicBands ordered at least 11 days prior to arrival will be shipped to the address on file.
MagicBands ordered between 6 and 10 days prior to arrival will be waiting for pick up at your resort hotel's front desk.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or if we could be of further assistance.”

Unless Tinkerbell is flying them to New England, I’m thinking we won’t see them before Sunday, but hey you never know!

Also: one of the bloggers reported yesterday that they were starting to shift delivery over to resorts for those who had trips in the near future and to watch your email for notifications about that. So this could play out in a variety of ways for folks, I think.

We arrive the 19th, ordered on launch day (7/27). Ours are still processing as well.. I guess we'll see what happens. I already have regular magic bands so I'm not too worried but I was excited to have these for the kids.

I also ordered on 7/27 and have an 8/31 check in date. Just checked and my street address is gone, but my city, state and zip are still there.

I also ordered on 7/27 and have an 8/31 check in date. Just checked and my street address is gone, but my city, state and zip are still there.
This keeps happening to me and then it'll reappear. I'm not sure if it's something with my order or just random website glitches.

Arrive 8/20. Still processing. Still showing my home address. VERY annoying - especially seeing that they're doing AP bands first.

I wish there was an option when you order them to NOT have them engraved if that is what is taking so long! Yes, I'm solo, so it's NBD, but even if everyone in a family picked the same, they each have their own number on the back!

I was tracking our bands in May and it took about 3 weeks, it processed and shipped from Davenport Florida and it was stuck in Harrisburg Pennsylvania for two weeks before getting delivered to our home in NJ. The tracking number was in the My Disney Experience not in an email.
I just received a text that mine will arrive between 10:30am and 2:30pm today. There was a tracking number on the Disney site and I signed up for notification yesterday.

Thank you for this information! I just found the link on my MDE web account and signed up for notifications.

Arrive 8/20. Still processing. Still showing my home address. VERY annoying - especially seeing that they're doing AP bands first.

I wish there was an option when you order them to NOT have them engraved if that is what is taking so long! Yes, I'm solo, so it's NBD, but even if everyone in a family picked the same, they each have their own number on the back!
I saw a post on the WDWMagic forums that the poster called and was told MagicBands for those with arrival dates through 8/24 will be sent to their resort.

I saw a post on the WDWMagic forums that the poster called and was told MagicBands for those with arrival dates through 8/24 will be sent to their resort.

And I know someone who arrived yesterday and had been told the same thing, yet it was not there.

I feel like at this point they're just saying anything to try to make us stop contacting them - at least until they send an email to everyone who falls in that category that they will be at the resort.

And I know someone who arrived yesterday and had been told the same thing, yet it was not there.

I feel like at this point they're just saying anything to try to make us stop contacting them - at least until they send an email to everyone who falls in that category that they will be at the resort.
I just now got a reply to an email I sent to Shop Disney Parks a couple of days ago. They said that they are routing our bands to the resort for our arrival on 8/16.

I now have two orders for MB+ through MDE:
Order #1 at 7/27 (2 am et) for a 8/31 resort arrival (still "In Progress")
Order #2 at 8/10 (2 pm et) for AP renewal

I'm interested to see which one processes and arrives first.

Last edited:
Arrived this morning 8/10 (Wilderness Lodge), my Magic Band was NOT at the front desk. I ordered 7/27 and it still shows in progress. I asked about it when we arrived and they had a person there who seemed to be specifically dealing with the MB issues. They asked for my confirmation for the band, which I showed her. She went into a specific laptop she had, found my order, and told me I would be credited back for the amount I paid. She also told me the order would still ship and I could use it for a future stay, so it’s a free magic band. I asked about buying a new one on property and getting the same price. I was told I could charge one back to my room and they would credit back the $10 difference between the regular and pre- arrival price. I did have to ask about that, it was not offered until I asked. I was told they made a note on my reservation. I brought a band from my last trip, so I think I’m going to use that and not buy a new one, especially since I’ll still get the one I ordered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter