Maggie & Shanes Wedding TR- Nov 2006- Sea Breeze Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maggimus,
Beautiful trip report, that must have taken a lot of time to do. I wanted to let you know that due to your pictures I am booking Randy. We have a meeting in 2 weeks. I am very excited!

I am getting married Nov. 17th of this year...around the same days you were there and I have a few questions: Were there a lot of Christmas decorations and was Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party going on while you were there?

What kind of room did you stay in at the Wilderness??? Was it really romantic??

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!! I LOVE YOUR PICS AND COMMENTS!!!

Maggimus,
Beautiful trip report, that must have taken a lot of time to do. I wanted to let you know that due to your pictures I am booking Randy. We have a meeting in 2 weeks. I am very excited!

I am getting married Nov. 17th of this year...around the same days you were there and I have a few questions: Were there a lot of Christmas decorations and was Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party going on while you were there?

What kind of room did you stay in at the Wilderness??? Was it really romantic??

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!! I LOVE YOUR PICS AND COMMENTS!!!

First of all I want to say that I am so flattered that you are booking Randy due to my photos (Tell him that... my name is maggie... he gets so flattered when you tell him that his photos are good.. sometimes its good to give credit where it is due- ya know?). I cannot get enough of Randy- seriously!! I wish I could call him everyday and tell him how awesome his work was. It was actually because of Tchan's photos from him that made me want to book. I let him know that for sure. I love to brag on people when they deserve it. I think he could take awesome photographs of pigs... or anything that isnt flattering in and of itself.

Also- I love the time of year you have chosen. It was truely warm then, but not hot (As shown in my TR.. we wore both shorts and jeans). The Christmas decorations were up and going up more and more while we were there. All the trees were up- they were doing the osbornes lights, and the hotels were decorated. Gingerbreads were up at the some hotels as well.

Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party was not going on while we were there. Im sorry. But the decorations were so amazing. They put the hotel decorations up at the wilderness lodge on the 16th, and I cried because my parents left out that morning... and they were so beautiful.. I wished they could have seen them.

The wilderness lodge is so romantic. I have stayed at a whole lot of the resorts... been going since I was a baby. None compare to the WL. The Romance there is just unbelievable. You can feel it in the air. The warmth of the fireplace.... the landscaping, the log home feel of it.... its as if you are all alone, at home, cuddled up all the time. Truely makes me wish I was there right now.

We booked a standard room.... but heres a tip-- if they dont upgrade you automatically out of kindness... make them highly aware that its your honeymoon or wedding... and DH even said he "heard" we might get a free upgrade to them... lol and lo and behold-- a room with a great view. We could see the pool. But the pool wasnt so great, it was the electric water parade. I also think this adds to the romance. You can go out on the beach... just the two of you (not ever crowded... and November at Disney wasnt crowded at all.. we walked onto every ride-- especially during that week)... lay on the beach, watch the electrical water parade with the chilly wind in your hair.. snuggling-- aww :angel: . We were fortunate enough to get a boat ride and see it... which was extra special. Disney is so romantic and special in its own unique way. Its almost like its such an innocent romance that you feel as if just by being there... and doing it that way... you are doing something right.

I cant tell you what a great trip you will have... you wont even believe me if i told you. I cannot wait until you get to experience first hand the joy of not only being married to the person you love, but the magic of disney!!

Thank you everyone else for the great comments. They really mean a lot.:hug:

Maggimus,

I just want to say that I read all of your TR and I loved it! I've been browsing these boards for quite some time and I finally registered :cool1: You and your new hubby look so happy and your pictures are amazing! What a wonderful memory you and your family share.

Some day... I'll have my fairytale wedding and I hope its as beautiful as yours :cloud9:

Can't wait to hear about your at-home reception!!!

Maggimus,

I just want to say that I read all of your TR and I loved it! I've been browsing these boards for quite some time and I finally registered :cool1: You and your new hubby look so happy and your pictures are amazing! What a wonderful memory you and your family share.

Some day... I'll have my fairytale wedding and I hope its as beautiful as yours :cloud9:

Can't wait to hear about your at-home reception!!!

I have no doubt that you will have the most beautiful fairy tale wedding!!!

When you do make sure to use this board-- full of great advice and people to lean on.

BTW- Congrats on registering. I was a lurker for a very long time before actually registering. Thats what I like about this board- they allow you to look all you want- and you never have to post a thing. Thats what draws so many people in... they want to become part of the excitement as well-- plus they are able to see how supportive we are of one another.

Thank you so much for all your kind words :):grouphug:

Absolutely loved your TR and you pics. I just booked Randy this past week, and I'm so excited!! We're getting married Nov. 15th of this year, right across the water from your ceremony at the Yacht Club. Good to see the great weather was there for you on your day, hope it follows over to this year.

You looked beautiful! Hope you have wonderful memories!!

I love this trip report. I'm about halfway through it already. You looked just beautiful on your wedding, even though I know you hated your hair and makeup. I noticed your Tennessee volunteers shirt and then noticed, duh you are from Seymour TN. We live in West Knoxville. If I had to get married all over again I would defiantely do it at Disney. Congrats to you :bride: and your hubby:groom: .

Yeah my makeup and hair werent my favorite... but, ya live and learn, ya know? A small quaint wedding was much better for us than the traditional family hoopla! We did have our reception once we got home-- which im glad we did. I liked including those who wanted to be included.

HAHA... we practically live in west knoxville!! Im from Maryville-- but we stayed in Seymour because thats where my DH is raised. He actually works at the Ford store in Sevierville (McNelly-whaley). His dad was the GM at Harry Lane for 20 some-odd years... now at Ted Russell Nissan.

Small world!! Glad you found my TR!! I hope you enjoy it.

Yeah my makeup and hair werent my favorite... but, ya live and learn, ya know? A small quaint wedding was much better for us than the traditional family hoopla! We did have our reception once we got home-- which im glad we did. I liked including those who wanted to be included.

HAHA... we practically live in west knoxville!! Im from Maryville-- but we stayed in Seymour because thats where my DH is raised. He actually works at the Ford store in Sevierville (McNelly-whaley). His dad was the GM at Harry Lane for 20 some-odd years... now at Ted Russell Nissan.

Small world!! Glad you found my TR!! I hope you enjoy it.
I finished your TR, I just love your pictures.
Too funny! My Dh works in the car business too. We got married in Jamaica actually at Sandals, but that was 7years ago. Hope you and your DH have a wonderful life together and many more Anniversary Disney Vacations.:wave2:

oh maggie.. I so enjoyed your report and photos.. btw, the photos are EXCELLENT!! Now I'm thinking about getting Randy as well.. I especially loved the more "artsy" ones like with you two holding hands and the shadows on the ground and the one in the grass. So different and unique!

You're such a cute couple too and your wedding sounds a lot how I want mine.... SBP then dinner that night maybe at Ohanas .. I'm still deciding on the dinner location though.

congratulations and I hope your years together will be long and filled with lots of love, laughter, and joy!! :wizard:

Aww- so sweet of you to say!! If you have any questions let me know!!

I want to make sure you know how AMAZING Randy is. DH and I didnt want to splurge on very much... other than Mickey and Minnie ofcourse. After seeing photos of Randys work-- I told him that the photos are the only thing we can keep forever (other than the memories)... and I will never regret the extra money spent on that. If you think about it-- its actually cheaper to use Randy. $600 some-odd dollars for 3 hours of photographer (split any way you want)... and you own the copywrite (the copywrite alone is worth that!). Photos are expensive... and many couples make reprints.. which some can cost 50 and 70 dollars a photo. So... Randy is definately worth it-- even just the opportunity in meeting him (He is a wonderful person!).

Im glad you enjoyed my TR. PM me if I can help you get hooked up with Randy!!

-Maggie

Maggimus, just wanted to let you know that because of your wedding pics by Randy, we've decided to book him for ours! Every single one of your pictures came out beautifully..thanks so much for sharing them, otherwise I wouldn't have ever known about Randy. If he ever needs a public relations person, you should definitely get the job!! :thumbsup2

I may have said this already, but I absolutely love your dress....it looked perfect on you!!

Aww thank you so much for the compliment. I found my dress online and went to the store to try it on... i knew after it was on me that it was the one... I tried on 2 more dresses, but told the lady that i was wasting her time... I knew the first dress was meant for me.

I am so glad you booked Randy. Seriously, I dont get paid to talk Randy up-- I just like seeing people make good strong decisions about their wedding. This is definately one you will be glad you will have made. At first I didnt realize how important the photos were... especially having a good photographer who doesnt take "point and click" photos!!

You wont be disappointed. Once you are done honeymooning... I hope you will come back here and give us a TR.. with Randy Photos!!

Thanks, and Congratuations again!
-Maggie

Okay Maggimus, I've finally booked Randy. I wanted to say that a week ago, but it took his wife a while to get back to me. I still haven't chatted with Randy himself. If it wasn't for the rave reviews about his work on this board - especially from you - I may not have booked him. I can appreciate that he's busy, but I've got to say that good customer service is important to me. I wasn't feeling good vibes when info requests and phone calls went unanswered for days. So thanks again!

Have I been living under a rock?!? :eek: I just found your TR and I loved it! Thank you SO much for your honest opinions on the vendors and your wedding and honeymoon sounded so extremely magical (especially the "moonlight cruise" and the scrooge artwork!!). Congratulations again and my absolute favorite picture that Randy took is the one with the two glasses of champagne and your bouquet with you and your DH in the background, it literally brought tears to my eyes! All of the pictures are SO beautiful! Great TR and Congrats again!! :goodvibes

Okay Maggimus, I've finally booked Randy. I wanted to say that a week ago, but it took his wife a while to get back to me. I still haven't chatted with Randy himself. If it wasn't for the rave reviews about his work on this board - especially from you - I may not have booked him. I can appreciate that he's busy, but I've got to say that good customer service is important to me. I wasn't feeling good vibes when info requests and phone calls went unanswered for days. So thanks again!

First of all, I want to appologize on his behalf.. just because I know that isnt like him (You can ask others-- they will tell you the same). He stays very busy but is very very good to all of his clients. I know that Linda stays very very busy at the office, and Randy is almost always shooting something or another (Linda commented to me when she was sending me my album that Randy had just called her to tell her to schedule him a day of rest-- he works nearly 7 days a week). I promise you wont be disappointed-- and will come back to the board as happy as the rest of us! Congratulations, and know that you will be well taken care of.

Have I been living under a rock?!? :eek: I just found your TR and I loved it! Thank you SO much for your honest opinions on the vendors and your wedding and honeymoon sounded so extremely magical (especially the "moonlight cruise" and the scrooge artwork!!). Congratulations again and my absolute favorite picture that Randy took is the one with the two glasses of champagne and your bouquet with you and your DH in the background, it literally brought tears to my eyes! All of the pictures are SO beautiful! Great TR and Congrats again!! :goodvibes

Thanks for reading! Yeah, I was a little afraid to put my honest feelings about them, especially Lisa-- but then I remember how glad I was for those who told me their honest opinions as well (we all want our wedding day to go smoothly).

Randy is my favorite vendor-- just because he made everything more special. I didnt even come into contact or hear from my WC (other than me calling DFTW on my own) until the actual ceremony. Randy acted as though he was my WC half the time, and knew exactly what to do because I was so clueless (Hey, most of us have never been married before-- we dont know everything to do!). If it wasnt for Randy my stress level would have been higher than you can imagine. He doesnt just do photography-- hes more of a support group.

I know your DFTW will be just as magical (just believe!)....pixiedust:

Also I wanted to explain why I was unhappy with the vendor I chose- Not really explain.. but rather show photos so you can see the difference. The hair & makeup just werent me (I put this in a different post but wanted to add it here)

Me with no hair & make-up
Day342.jpg

Me using the vendors hair & make-up
Day351.jpg

(This photo is so horrible-- sometimes I cant believe I post it)

Me when I do my OWN hair & make-up (sorry the photo isnt any better)
scan0001.jpg

I realize that she didnt know what I look like on average (no trial run)... but we had discussed in detail prior to this what I wanted... and my hair was suppost to turn out like this..

Hair.jpg

(thats not me by the way!)

I hate putting out bad reviews and not explaining in direct detail why. I hope this helps...:goodvibes

Oh Maggimus, I never realised that there was hardly any difference in your pic with or without make up (vendor). The pic with the make up you did yourself is much better. The hair pic you had was really nice and elegant, it would have been wonderful if you could have had your hair like that.
Never mind though, you still looked beautiful on your wedding day and you married the one you love and I'm sure he too thought you looked beautiful and that is what counts:)

I also meant to ask you Maggimus, did Randy take those pics of you at The Grand Floridian? Tanis got back to me yesterday and told me that if a Custom Bride is getting married at the same time I am then The GF is their base for pre-ceremony pics, so she said I may not be able to do this:sad2: I was thinking of having a back up resort such as the Poly, what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter