Maggie & Shanes Wedding TR- Nov 2006- Sea Breeze Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also meant to ask you Maggimus, did Randy take those pics of you at The Grand Floridian? Tanis got back to me yesterday and told me that if a Custom Bride is getting married at the same time I am then The GF is their base for pre-ceremony pics, so she said I may not be able to do this:sad2: I was thinking of having a back up resort such as the Poly, what do you think?

Tanis was my coordinator too-- and she told me the same thing. The day before the wedding I spoke with Randy and we went over the last minute details of the photography. He was going to come early and take photos (he came earlier than we planned though) at the WL, then we would go over to the ceremony at SBP and take photos, and then we would go to the GF and take photos. He stopped me there and told me to call Tanis and see if anyone would be at the GF that day for their ceremony.

I phoned Tanis and she said she did have one booked and they would probobly be taking pictures at the time we would want to be there. I called Randy back and told him-- and he told me that we would just mysteriously work around them.

Disney has a policy that no two brides see one another on their wedding day in their dress (I suppose its so they make sure that you feel like you are the
"only bride" that day). So Randy and I took our photos at WL, and SBP-- and then headed over to the GF. Before we would move from one spot to another-- Randy would kinda have us stay in place and he would kinda peak around corners to make sure the other wasnt around. This worked out great-- and we never did end up seeing the other bride (just the groomsman-- and you think those men really cared?).

Its still do'able... you will just have to take outside photos while the other bride is inside at the staircase-- and maybe hide a couple of times. If you dont mind that- I dont think it will be a problem. We never told Tanis that we were going to go ahead with the plans at the GF-- heck Disney says you can have your dress on at the resorts (it doesnt restrict you). We hid and covered our tracks more out respect for the other bride (who hadnt gotten married yet) and for Randy (his job and the connection with Disney).

GL!! :goodvibes Its going to be here before you know it!:hug:

I'm so, so excited now, making ADR's or at least organising them makes me feel like it's getting really close. Your Wedding is so similar to how I want my wedding to be, so your TR is a god send! I feel much better now about the pics at The GF, I really, really want our pics there as it is such a beautiful hotel.

Its still do'able... you will just have to take outside photos while the other bride is inside at the staircase-- and maybe hide a couple of times.

Hide?! That is hilarious! I can just picture a bride in a big pouffy dress trying to hide behind, say, a lamp post... :rotfl:

No kidding. We never had to worry about it but we were certainly prepared to squat down or something...:scared:

First of all, I want to appologize on his behalf.. just because I know that isnt like him (You can ask others-- they will tell you the same). He stays very busy but is very very good to all of his clients. I know that Linda stays very very busy at the office, and Randy is almost always shooting something or another (Linda commented to me when she was sending me my album that Randy had just called her to tell her to schedule him a day of rest-- he works nearly 7 days a week). I promise you wont be disappointed-- and will come back to the board as happy as the rest of us! Congratulations, and know that you will be well taken care of.

You don't have to apologize on his behalf, but maybe I should apologize to you that I've withdrawn from hiring Randy's services. I just decided that today after cluing in that he's obviously become too busy to offer the proper attention to his clients like maybe you had with him.

Originally, I was told I needed to put down a 50% deposit on my photography package. He or his office charged me the FULL amount for my photography package - TWICE! - which ran my credit card to the limit and all further transactions fail, including pre-authorized payments. I couldn't buy anything this weekend and only found out what happened after I called my credit card company. While I know Randy will refund at least one full payment, I'd still lose about 7% of my money plus penalties from missed bill payments.

I'm Canadian, so my credit card company converts my payment into U.S. dollars at their Buy exchange rate and I pay a 2.5% conversion fee on top of that. When I get a refund, they convert it from U.S. dollars back into Canadian dollars at their Sell exchange rate. The difference between the buy/sell is about 5%, plus the 2.5% foreign conversion fee. That's quite a few dollars for their mistake. :headache:

ChocolateMouse - I'm sorry about the delay and the problems you have had with Randy. Like Maggimus said, it is not like him at all. I hired him based on tchan's photos also and I have always had great service from him. He does sometimes take a little while to respond to emails, but he always does.
Originally it was just going to be my fiance and I for the wedding and Randy knocked off $100 from the Intimate Package because of this.
He has always been more than accomodating. It makes me wonder however if he maybe has someone other than his wife working for him in the office:confused:
I am still waiting on my receipt as I paid the full price(my choice) in November and I was assured this would be posted out to me, I'm not bothered though as he sent me an email and I have my credit card receipt. I have sent an email about 4 days ago and am still waiting on a reply, but I know how extremely busy he is, so I'll give it some time.
I am really sorry that it hasn't worked out for you and I hope you find another photographer just as great for your wedding:thumbsup2

You don't have to apologize on his behalf, but maybe I should apologize to you that I've withdrawn from hiring Randy's services. I just decided that today after cluing in that he's obviously become too busy to offer the proper attention to his clients like maybe you had with him.

Originally, I was told I needed to put down a 50% deposit on my photography package. He or his office charged me the FULL amount for my photography package - TWICE! - which ran my credit card to the limit and all further transactions fail, including pre-authorized payments. I couldn't buy anything this weekend and only found out what happened after I called my credit card company. While I know Randy will refund at least one full payment, I'd still lose about 7% of my money plus penalties from missed bill payments.

I'm Canadian, so my credit card company converts my payment into U.S. dollars at their Buy exchange rate and I pay a 2.5% conversion fee on top of that. When I get a refund, they convert it from U.S. dollars back into Canadian dollars at their Sell exchange rate. The difference between the buy/sell is about 5%, plus the 2.5% foreign conversion fee. That's quite a few dollars for their mistake. :headache:

No need to appologize to me. That sure doesnt sound like Chapman Photography at all (as others will tell you). I cannot speak for Randy, nor will I. I hate that someone treated you bad and I recommended you to them. Im sure things will work out with whomever you do choose- and maybe you should give Linda at the office a call and explain your reasoning for being upset with them and your mishap with your credit card (and the additional charges you are going to have to deal with).

Good luck with your new photographer... and please dont be upset with me for recommending him. He normally does an over the top job.:hug:

Maggie- You looked so beautiful on your wedding day! What awesome pictures you have to remember such a magical day! Congrats!

Aww, thank you so much!! I really appreciate that. Im having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that im no longer planning my wedding. I certainly do love where I am at in life though. Thanks again Courtney!:hug:

I know- Ryan and I got married in April 2005 and that planning was so fun, and in one day, it was over.... That's why you then devote your energy to planning a Disney trip! I'm such a planner- and the vacation planning has me occupied and it's even more fun than planning my wedding b/c it's NO stress!!!!

I know- Ryan and I got married in April 2005 and that planning was so fun, and in one day, it was over.... That's why you then devote your energy to planning a Disney trip! I'm such a planner- and the vacation planning has me occupied and it's even more fun than planning my wedding b/c it's NO stress!!!!

:rotfl: I suppose you could easily compare a wedding to Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner... all that preparing, stressing, etc.... all gone away in just brief moments! :rotfl:

I wish DH would be up for another Disney vacation-- but we have been the past couple of years in a row-- and DH is ready to switch things up a little bit. Disney vacation planning is definately more fun than planning any other vacation by far. Im so jealous-- I might just jump in your bags and go with you for a week!:hug:

:rotfl: I suppose you could easily compare a wedding to Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner... all that preparing, stressing, etc.... all gone away in just brief moments! :rotfl:

I wish DH would be up for another Disney vacation-- but we have been the past couple of years in a row-- and DH is ready to switch things up a little bit. Disney vacation planning is definately more fun than planning any other vacation by far. Im so jealous-- I might just jump in your bags and go with you for a week!:hug:

Tired of Disney vacations!?!?!?!? You better divorce him now!!! :rotfl: JK! I'm sure mine will have the same sentiments after the wedding because we will have been there 4 times in 3 years by that point.

Tired of Disney vacations!?!?!?!? You better divorce him now!!! :rotfl: JK! I'm sure mine will have the same sentiments after the wedding because we will have been there 4 times in 3 years by that point.

Unfortunately... DH wasnt raised on Disney like I was-- so he doesnt appreciate the little things like I do. He defiantely loves it though. He was raised on those very leisure trips where you get the nasty sand in your bathing suit for days and get sunburnt and then sit in the room the rest of the time-- ya know.. those trips. Hes not used to getting blisters and actually having to walk a couple of miles for enjoyment. I believe hes ready to lay around a little bit more because he knows once the kids come in time-- disney will become a second home to us..:thumbsup2 -- atleast he better know that-- i tell him enough;) !

Im having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that im no longer planning my wedding.

Maggie, it's never too late to start planning your vow renewal :rotfl: That, or you could just help me plan my wedding b/c I keep remembering "little things" I still have to do :worried:

Maggie, it's never too late to start planning your vow renewal :rotfl: That, or you could just help me plan my wedding b/c I keep remembering "little things" I still have to do :worried:

Now that sounds like a plan!! I can remember keeping a list at the computer (because I spend a LOT of time on DISboards) of things I needed to remember to do.... everyday i would carry everything over from my list the previous day and add the new things I think of below that... I think i was less than 2 weeks away from my wedding and still hadnt had my vows written.. and look-- here I am in planning mood. Too little too late I guess!! But it got done, and my day came... and thats all that matters. I think I could have stood up there and sing a song about birds pooping on my head and Dh would never have known-- and visa versa. :blush:

If I can help you with anything, seriously, let me know!! Your day will be here before you know it pixiedust:

Now that sounds like a plan!! I can remember keeping a list at the computer (because I spend a LOT of time on DISboards) of things I needed to remember to do.... everyday i would carry everything over from my list the previous day and add the new things I think of below that... I think i was less than 2 weeks away from my wedding and still hadnt had my vows written.. and look-- here I am in planning mood. Too little too late I guess!! But it got done, and my day came... and thats all that matters. I think I could have stood up there and sing a song about birds pooping on my head and Dh would never have known-- and visa versa. :blush:

If I can help you with anything, seriously, let me know!! Your day will be here before you know it pixiedust:

Haha too funny about the bird pooping :rotfl: You know, I kept the list too for awhile and I kept adding to it, and adding to it that it got soooo overwhelming that I just got rid of it all together. Everyone keeps telling me "everything will fall into place, everything will look great", and I guess that's what I keep hoping you know? I'm doing a little bit at a time and trying not to get too stressed. I mean who's going to notice if the orange ribbon on my invitations is the exact same color as the orange ribbon on my bubbles? The one thing that is really stressing me out is DF is being a putz about finding a suit. He thinks like a girl and will find "the one" when he sees it. He's seriously beein searching for a nice tan suit for a year :rolleyes: So, if you have any advice on how to encourage a guy to make a decision, I could use help with that :mad:

Thanks so much Maggie, you're so sweet :flower3:

Haha too funny about the bird pooping :rotfl: You know, I kept the list too for awhile and I kept adding to it, and adding to it that it got soooo overwhelming that I just got rid of it all together. Everyone keeps telling me "everything will fall into place, everything will look great", and I guess that's what I keep hoping you know? I'm doing a little bit at a time and trying not to get too stressed. I mean who's going to notice if the orange ribbon on my invitations is the exact same color as the orange ribbon on my bubbles? The one thing that is really stressing me out is DF is being a putz about finding a suit. He thinks like a girl and will find "the one" when he sees it. He's seriously beein searching for a nice tan suit for a year :rolleyes: So, if you have any advice on how to encourage a guy to make a decision, I could use help with that :mad:

Thanks so much Maggie, you're so sweet :flower3:

OMG! We've been looking for a tan suit too and can't find one anywhere!!! Let us know if you do :)

Also, at least you girls have/had lists! I don't even know what I'm supposed to be doing :rotfl:

OMG! We've been looking for a tan suit too and can't find one anywhere!!! Let us know if you do :)

Haha, are you serious? Of course, all the stores still have their winter colors out so we won't be finding one for awhile. Macy's and Nordstrom told us they'd have their spring collections availble late February, so hopefully we'll have better luck then :confused3

Sorry for hijacking your thread Maggie ;)

Haha, are you serious? Of course, all the stores still have their winter colors out so we won't be finding one for awhile. Macy's and Nordstrom told us they'd have their spring collections availble late February, so hopefully we'll have better luck then :confused3

No way-- Hijack away-- I dont mind at all!!

My DH is very picky when it comes to clothing, etc. I can understand your DH with the suit. I hope things work out.... and you are right-- things ALWAYS work out-- and on that day none of the lists, forgets, etc will even matter :goodvibes

Well, I've been looking at the tux places online like After Hours and all they seem to have are black and gray. I really think he should wear tan since it's the middle of the day and the summer, but his mother thinks it's not fair that I get a big fancy dress and he just gets a 'tan suit.' She's so annoying!!! I told her he can wear a big fancy dress if he wants :rotfl: I think that made her more mad :rotfl:

Thanks for the ideas to check department stores!

Sorry too, Maggie! Hey, we're keeping your thread alive!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter