Lyndsay & Thomas - 11/17/2012 WDW *Updated 01/14 - first after wedding post!*

I wish the disboards had a "like" button like Facebook! I want to like so many of your pics!
I love the david's bridal avatar - I'm not planning on having a wedding party, but I'd still like to play around on it! Thanks for the link!

I love the fall leaves with your names on them - I hope you kept them! (reading a PJ a bit at a time is more fun if you don't skip ahead to final decisions! :rotfl: )

I had never heard of brooch bouquets - they sound awesome! Ok. Back to more reading. :)

Oh wow! Still not done yet, but I just saw the unity cross video you posted! I wasnt planning on a sand ceremony or anything - but I absolutely adore the unity cross!

It's always nice having things paid off :)

::yes:: Although it was a little painful watching the balance go so far down, it's nice that its out of the way and we know about how much money we have left to help with the move!

I wish the disboards had a "like" button like Facebook! I want to like so many of your pics!
I love the david's bridal avatar - I'm not planning on having a wedding party, but I'd still like to play around on it! Thanks for the link!

I love the fall leaves with your names on them - I hope you kept them! (reading a PJ a bit at a time is more fun if you don't skip ahead to final decisions! :rotfl: )

I had never heard of brooch bouquets - they sound awesome! Ok. Back to more reading. :)

:blush: Thanks! The David's Bridal planning site was pretty fun to play with!

We're not doing the leaves anymore...just because if we were to line the aisle with them, we would be responsible for picking them back up. Instead we're doing picture frames on every other pew (flowers will be on the ones without pictures)...my step-mom got the idea from Pinterest -
http://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-...es-instead-of-bows-pics/0902543fd24ffe1d.html
278167714453905578_DKP8ldy4_c.jpg

The brooch bouquet would've been neat...but the more I thought about it, I really wanted real flowers...so that idea got nixed too.

Oh wow! Still not done yet, but I just saw the unity cross video you posted! I wasnt planning on a sand ceremony or anything - but I absolutely adore the unity cross!

I was really excited when I learned about the unity cross. I heard about it from someone I know on another forum that is getting married this month. :)

Woo! Paying things off is an awesome feeling!

I love your earrings! And the pictures on the pews!

We've spent the weekend making our own Mickey top hat and Mickey / Minnie ear headbands.

I fell in love with these two pictures I saw on Pinterest...
81205599501372897_P4a1vDF0_c.jpg

Bridesmaids-the-Movie-Disney-Poster.jpg

I also have really wanted the top hat ears for Thomas to wear during our rehearsal, but I can't justify paying $60+ for them on eBay...luckily, Halloween is right around the corner so finding a cheap top hat was pretty easy.

To make the ears, I followed the tutorial from this blog - http://www.thewallacefamilyblog.com/2011/03/how-to-make-mickey-and-minnie-mouse.html
Except, instead of covering the headbands with felt, I just bought black headbands. :)

Thomas, hard at work cutting the black ribbon off his hat...
B1409669-979A-4BE1-B84F-9BB1F8C91D92-3393-000007F30D50807A.jpg

Cutting foam ears...
C3463237-9AE2-4FA8-91E2-7CD5B31BAF54-3393-000007F308A522E9.jpg

I found some orange polka-dot ribbon...but it turned out being too small. After hunting all over town...Jo Anns, Michaels, The Party Shop, Hobby Lobby, Target AND Walmart...I couldn't find any wider polka-dot ribbon...so I instead decided to make a different type of bow.

Didn't like this one too much....
B8DB0345-E6C5-4A3E-A24C-FAED8AC5C1C1-3393-000007F312520BEC.jpg

Sold on this one!
3CED88F0-C605-44C8-B925-C3382D555BD6-3393-000007F3104532A8.jpg

Bows all done!
75B849CB-9122-42AB-B625-C00D978F8030-3393-000007F31402747A.jpg

Ears for the gents...
324E40E6-CCFF-48CB-8C25-9AD27E49CBDA-3393-000007F3183D4BCC.jpg

Minnie ears!!
CEE25123-424E-4A3F-B068-150D4C52C688-3393-000007F31662AC87.jpg

1551550D-C9BF-454D-88BC-1517A937C1F6-3393-000007F31A289BF1.jpg

...and his top hat...I really like how it turned out!
D7716300-60F3-4FEC-8973-ABF06A7F0E3B-3393-000007F31C9D53B1.jpg

I want to differentiate my Minnie ears from the ones the bridesmaids will wear...I'm just not sure how...any ideas?? :scratchin

I also finished our aisle pictures...it was pretty difficult for us to choose just ten pictures to use. These will go on every other pew...the additional pews will have flowers.
F74066BF-A312-4AA0-A6B7-B5876DA6B577-3393-000007F7A633BC07.jpg

In other news...our wedding dance is finished. We both love it and I'm really hoping Randy captures some good pictures of it on wedding day!

Those ears look awesome! Great job! :goodvibes

Are you going to try to make bridal ears (white) or go with the classic ear look (black)? If classic, you could give yourself a white bow. Maybe with orange dots? For my DIY ears, my mom found a veil for $3 at our local thrift store. If you wanted to add a veil to yours maybe try scooping out one in your area for one?

Hi Lyndsay! :goodvibes

Love your Mickey Ears! Those are super cute, and will look fantastic in photos! I especially love the reference picture with Mickey Ears done in Bridesmaid style :)

I think the photo pew decorations are a really great idea also! I've been looking for simple, DIY type aisle decorations, and I think that may be a contender. :scratchin I'm getting married on Castaway Cay at the end of the month, so it has to be a super easy decoration for DCL to be willing to do it.

Thanks for sharing!

Those ears look awesome! Great job! :goodvibes

Are you going to try to make bridal ears (white) or go with the classic ear look (black)? If classic, you could give yourself a white bow. Maybe with orange dots? For my DIY ears, my mom found a veil for $3 at our local thrift store. If you wanted to add a veil to yours maybe try scooping out one in your area for one?

Thank you! My fiance suggested I do white ears...I really want the headband with the veil from Disney (not the hat one)...but haven't they discontinued the headband? I could make my own...but I really wanted the shiny sequined headband. :sad1:

If I do make my own, I'm definitely going to take your suggestion of doing a white ribbon with orange polka dots...I just hope its not as difficult as it was to find the other ribbon!!

Hi Lyndsay! :goodvibes

Love your Mickey Ears! Those are super cute, and will look fantastic in photos! I especially love the reference picture with Mickey Ears done in Bridesmaid style :)

I think the photo pew decorations are a really great idea also! I've been looking for simple, DIY type aisle decorations, and I think that may be a contender. :scratchin I'm getting married on Castaway Cay at the end of the month, so it has to be a super easy decoration for DCL to be willing to do it.

Thanks for sharing!

I wonder if the Bridesmaids inspired picture is from a DisBride? :scratchin I really like it too!

I'm hoping the aisle photos will look good. Have you seen a picture of the pews that will be on the ship? If not, I'd see if you can get one to make sure you'll be able to secure the frames to the pew. I know we're going to have to tie them to the pews in the pavilion rather than hang them as they look in the pictures I found.

Thank you! My fiance suggested I do white ears...I really want the headband with the veil from Disney (not the hat one)...but haven't they discontinued the headband? I could make my own...but I really wanted the shiny sequined headband. :sad1:

If I do make my own, I'm definitely going to take your suggestion of doing a white ribbon with orange polka dots...I just hope its not as difficult as it was to find the other ribbon!!

Yeah, those are gone too. :( You can still find them on ebay for around $20, which doesn't seem too bad. Apparently demand for them is not as high as the top hat. Just search disney bride headband.

My sister is currently a CM at WDW so she bought me a pair of damaged Bridal hat ears which I plan to cannibalize to make my headband ears. I just found out yesterday. I thought she was just getting me a hat so I could steal the ears, but now I don't need the veil my mom bought.

If you aren't able to find the right kind of fabric, you could always just get white and then some orange fabric paint to paint on your own dots!

I've been working on our welcome letter for guests all week and finally got the layout correct! Special thanks to Ashley (ash8716) for emailing me the letter she made which I used to make mine, just altering various details where needed. :thumbsup2 My step-mom found the paper on sale a few months ago and figured we could use it for something...it was really difficult getting the layout right where it didn't overlap the border!

**The colors are a little off due to my printer being low on ink...where it's pink, it should be dark orange...and the brown-ish text is actually dark green.

Untitled-1.jpg

Pg2.jpg

Pg3.jpg

Pg4.jpg

Pg5.jpg

Pg6.jpg

I like the wording! I might have to borrow some of it! How many in your group are staying at bonnet creek? I fell in love with it - it's the whole reason I bought into Wyndham.

I like the wording! I might have to borrow some of it! How many in your group are staying at bonnet creek? I fell in love with it - it's the whole reason I bought into Wyndham.

A few sets of grandparents are staying there...not sure what their reason was. I can't take credit for all the wording...most of it was already there on the file that another DisBride shared with me. I can email it to you if you'd like...just PM me your email address. :)

Lyndsey,

The headbands were still available all over the resort in April. I am pretty sure you can still find them. I think they actually brought them back.

Lyndsey,

The headbands were still available all over the resort in April. I am pretty sure you can still find them. I think they actually brought them back.

They had them in July too...I was mainly nervous because they aren't on the Disney Store's website. I didn't want to get down there and not have them. :-(

We had a craft day at my parent's house today.

Finished printing the welcome letters.
Made as many gift bags as possible (ran out of water bottle labels and maps).
Worked on ribbon wands (ran out of a few supplies).
Packed our ceremony & reception totes as much as we could.
Made gift bags for the bridesmaids.

Floor covered in ribbon wand supplies -
719CEC51-1A0D-4D8F-8851-3DC89D17D0C9-6708-00000F6626572ECD.jpg

Each wand has a bell or a few bells on them...I think it will make a nice sound affect when everyone is waving them over us. :)

Our cute Mickey soaps that we included in the welcome bags -
44698D9D-AD05-44BE-99E1-F100DA6C355D-6708-00000F662F4383AB.jpg

Welcome bags done -
19CD16F8-697F-4165-8637-CC27DEA31DEE-6708-00000F662D0FAA09.jpg

Other items in the bags...
  • Welcome letter I posted earlier.
  • Park maps.
  • Overall map of Disney property.
  • Water bottles.
  • Candy.
  • Door hanger.

I also finished the bridesmaids' gift bags...
D33EA01C-4A92-42F6-8B81-90389150FB20-6708-00000F66290AA3BA.jpg

Items...
  • Minnie ears.
  • Thank you card.
  • Necklace I posted earlier.
  • Mickey hair clips (orange and green)
IMG_20120103_200154.jpg

Worked out my 4 somethings....
  • Something blue - Georgia Southern garter
  • Something new - my shoes
  • Something old - My grandmother's brooch (I'll attach it to my bouquet)
  • Something borrowed - Pearls from my step-mom

Funny thing about my something borrowed...when I got the pearls today, my step-mom told me she bought them to give to me on my wedding day while I was in college and dating another guy...she saw it possibly going towards marriage until we all realized what a jerk he was and she was thankful to have held on to the pearls! She tried to give them to me today, but I told her that I couldn't use it as my 'something borrowed' if she did that...so she's going to hold on to them until Christmas and then she'll officially give them to me. :laughing:

I received an email from our DJ this week...we have Scott Messina. I have heard of anyone else having him....but we were really impressed with his website and requested him at our last visit. :)

To do...

• Touch base with the outside vendors to go over details, confirm times, etc.
  • Write my wedding day letter to Thomas.
  • Finish the ribbon wands and welcome bags.
  • Finish worksheet for the DJ.
  • Get in touch with my aunt to ask her about blessing the meal at the reception.
  • Thomas needs to order the groomsmen gifts (has them picked out...just needs to get them).

I think that's all I got for now!
wiggle.gif

Fun fun fun! I love crafting! I'm so eager to get started on all my DIY projects! Yours look awesome!
For the water bottles - did you use generic water and put a new label on? Did you print your own labels?

Fun fun fun! I love crafting! I'm so eager to get started on all my DIY projects! Yours look awesome!
For the water bottles - did you use generic water and put a new label on? Did you print your own labels?

I got Walmart brand water bottles - the labels covered up the other label perfectly.

I printed the water bottle labels myself...just a tip, labels were very hard for me to find! I hunted all our local craft and office stores with no luck...I ended up just getting full-page labels and cut them myself...then the next week I found a bunch of water bottle labels at Michaels. :laughing:

I only designed the candy label...all others came from Something Printable by Victoria Ann - http://www.etsy.com/shop/SomethingPrintable?ref=seller_info
I love her work!

Here's the designs she did for me...
Bag label -
label1-2.jpg

Door hanger -
hanger1.jpg

hanger2.jpg

Bottle label -
waterlabel.jpg

My specialty hanger came in today! I absolutely love how it turned out!! :hyper:

C5EEAE09-0499-40EE-95AD-02920C0E9521-5995-00000E7D73E50C76.jpg

Awww everything is looking great! I ordered that same hanger last week on Etsy... I havent received it yet, but I am glad you love yours! :)

I love you door hangers, and water labels! You are getting so close!!!!

I love your Mickey soaps... Where did you get those from?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter