Lyndsay & Thomas - 11/17/2012 WDW *Updated 01/14 - first after wedding post!*

LyndsayJ

Mouseketeer
I've been lurking here for a while...figured its time to start one of these up! :)

Directory:
The Proposal
Engagement Pictures
Our Venue
Our Reception Hall
Potential Wedding Attire
Bouquets & Boutonnieres
Food!
Wedding Party
Bridesmaid dress shopping - 11/19/2011
Headed to our site visit - 11/20/2011
Site visit - 11/21/2011
Assigned Wedding Planner!
Save the Date design by Paper Perfection
Ceremony Music!
Planning Session - 02/16/2012
Invitations - Draft
Wedding dress...kinda.
Six months to go / wedding shoes
Groom's cake tasting / Menu Tasting Weekend part I
Menu Tasting Weekend part II
Menu Tasting / Menu Tasting Weekend part III
General Updates 09/16/2012 (including the man-band, reception shoes, transportation, etc)
Shannon's Wedding / My First Wedding Shower
Invitations - Final
Unity Cross Pictures
Marriage License , Garter , Bridesmaids Jewelry , Dance Lessons
My Earrings
DIY Mickey top hat , DIY Mickey & Minnie Ears , Aisle Frames
Welcome Letter
Personalized Hanger
Ribbon Wands, Welcome Bags, Bridesmaids Gifts, Father Daughter Song, DJ Assigned

My Vendors:
Venue: Disney's Wedding Pavilion
Reception: Disney's Atlantic Dance Hall
Photographer: Chapman Photography
Videographer: STVS Video
Officiant: Scott, Thomas' former youth pastor.
Bridal Attire: David's Bridal / LuLu Townsend / Converse
Save the Date Design: Paper Perfection
Save the Date supplies: VistaPrint
Invitation Supplies: Cards and Pockets
Welcome Bag Printables: Something Printable by Victoria Ann
Ceremony Decor & Personal Floral: Jonathan's Flowers
Groom's Cake: It's Tasty Too!
Wedding Rings: Kay Jewelers
Transportation: Cole's Classic Cars

Click here to see our wedding website!

July 19, 2011

Lyndsay and I talked about a vacation and I talked with Jen about taking Lyndsay to Disney and asking her there. Surprisingly enough, we were able to find a vacant room at the Shades of Green resort at Disney. Up to the point of our arrival at Disney, Lyndsay was clueless of my plans and was even clueless of our staying at a resort. Once we got to the gate though and the guy asked where we were going, I had to spill the beans.

The next day we went to Magic Kingdom and my plan was to do it in front of the castle, but the heat and crowd quickly had me thinking otherwise. I began to play the act of it was too hot and I was tired, knowing we would go back and I could begin my plotting once again. I asked her to go and sit outside at the water, as we were walking I asked her to look at a fish and when she turned around I was down on one knee and asked "Would you want to spend the rest of your life with me"? Her response "Yes". The rest is history.

Here's some pics -

004.jpg

I told him to make a funny face...he failed
7_19_e.jpg

He proposed under this tree
FxCam_1311167433994.jpg

011.jpg

My bling.
teehee.gif

p20110719-222846.jpg

I think I've decided to go with Fern and Orange for the wedding colors. Here are the four dresses I REALLY like -

dress1.jpg

dress2.jpg

dress3.jpg

dress4.jpg

This is to show the accent color - orange. The dresses will be green, but the flowers will be orange and cream, mostly.

flowersdress.jpg

I've been toying around with the idea of a brooch bouquet. I'm not completely decided yet...so here are a few bouquets I like.
BroochBouquet2.jpg

Brooch-FeatherBouquet.jpg

bouquet2.jpg

We are pretty much decided on the boutonnieres. Thomas' sister found a link to Star Wars boutonnieres. I really like the idea - its subtle, so not making the wedding Star Wars 'themed'...but it shows a little of Thomas' personality.

Thomas' boutonniere -
FQS01RHGP7IEON2.MEDIUM.jpg

...and for the groomsmen -
FWU21AVGP7IRYB4.MEDIUM.jpg

...and for your own nerdy delight...here's the link!Star Wars Boutonnieres

I already found and bought the plastic rings...got plenty of time to find the rest of the supplies.
giggle.gif

Welcome :wave2: .... cute e-pics, randy is my photographer too!! the men flowers is so cute with the star war faces ... i think ur bouquet will b so much fun... :goodvibes

I'm so, so, so happy you started a PJ!

:) I can't wait to follow along with you :)

Welcome :wave2: .... cute e-pics, randy is my photographer too!! the men flowers is so cute with the star war faces ... i think ur bouquet will b so much fun... :goodvibes

Thanks! When is your wedding?

I'm so, so, so happy you started a PJ!

:) I can't wait to follow along with you :)

I haven't been active on here...and started a planning thread on MSOS (practically identical to this one)...so I figured I'd create one on here too. :)

I haven't been active on here...and started a planning thread on MSOS (practically identical to this one)...so I figured I'd create one on here too. :)

bahaha well, now I shall go read that one! :)

Here are some of the items we are looking to have for our brunch - our wedding is at 10:00 AM...so the reception is a brunch.
hungry.gif

PH190460610_-_0298lr-520x346.jpg

Pasta Station
JenniferandDaniel17776-14-10.jpg

Carving Station
JenniferandDaniel17806-14-10.jpg

Egg Cookery Station
VK12103-3-08.jpg

Mickey Waffles
2510993933_b00ffeaf821.jpg

**Disclaimer** These are not my pictures - just some I found either on here or searching Google that matches what is on our menu. :)

Matron of Honor - April, my best friend.
April.jpg

Best Man - Tim, Thomas' uncle.
I don't have a picture of him...so you get an av.
teehee.gif

TimAv.jpg

Bridesmaid - Brandi, my old college roommate and good friend.
Brandi.jpg

Groomsman - Alex, Thomas' best friend.
Alex.jpg

Bridesmaid - Shannon, my step-mom's cousin and my good friend.
Shannon.jpg

Groomsman - Jeremy, my brother.
Jeremy.jpg

Bridesmaid - Shauna, Thomas' younger sister.
Shauna.jpg

Groomsman - Justin, Thomas' nephew.
Justin.jpg

Your e-pics are gorgeous! Who is your photographer?

We're also having a 10am brunch wedding, and having some of the same food! :D

I loved it when I saw it on Wendy's Facebook! And, it's destiny if it has your date!! :laughing:

I guess I'm a little confused about how these planning journals work...I've been lurking in many other planning journals and seeing how so many details come together...despite their weddings being over a year away...but I thought we couldn't officially plan a lot of the details until 6 months out, right? Where do you guys find all your details??

I just think my planning journal so far is pretty boring...help!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter