Lyndsay & Thomas - 11/17/2012 WDW *Updated 01/14 - first after wedding post!*

:cool1: My step-mom framed my registration paper and wrapped it so I could open it on Christmas...so I have the framed paper right next to my refrigerator so I'll stick to my diet. I'm also trying to lose weight for my wedding! 7 pounds down so far! :woohoo:

Woohoo! Go you! I started off using the couch to 5k but at some point it makes a huge jump in running times so I stopped and just started doing run 2 minutes, walk 1 minute and thats what we always do now!

I just realized I never posted this!! All you brides who had Randy as a photographer should appreciate this. At least it made me giggle. :rotfl:

We got our engagement pictures CDs in the mail back in September....I'm looking through them....
cuteness, cuteness, cuteness, etc...
9_16.png

...and then....Fence?!
puzz.gif
wooden post?!
9_16a.png

...and THENNNNN....SQUIRREL!
freakout.gif

9_16b.png

...and back to your regularly scheduled cuteness...
9_16c.png

:lmao:

The funny thing is...there wasn't a fence anywhere near where the pictures were taken...so I'm thinking the files got crossed with some test shots he took at another time.

That's funny! Love your photos though.

Good luck with the running. Not an activity I can participate in with rheumatoid arthritis. Walking on the treadmill is more my speed.

Hope the shin splints feel better soon.

So a few small updates...

I went up to GA yesterday to visit my parents. We talked about lots of wedding details!

Decided on a cake design.
- Going with the destination cake in fall colors.

Decided on the menus for our rehearsal party and reception.
- For the rehearsal we will be using the dessert menu that include ice cream and floats...
- Reception we will be using mostly the Briar Rose brunch menu...but with a few modifications.

Decided on our bar package.

Our save the date postcards we ordered came in as well! So we've been looking over our guest list to make sure we don't miss anyone. I also noticed I screwed them up a little...let me explain...

We ordered them through vistaprint, however we wanted to be able to use the Disney font on the back...where the address and little message goes. Vista doesn't have Disney font as an option, however my step-mom has it downloaded to her computer...so I put my
nerd.gif
hat on and went to work...
I typed out the address and message in Microsoft Word...then took a screenshot of it and saved it as an image in Paint. Then I simply uploaded the image to the card...and voila!
Except...I guess Word spell checked me and didn't like my grammar...but I missed it. So as you can see, there are small little squiggly lines under a few of the words.
mumble.gif

IMG_20111231_161308.jpg

I'm not too concerned about it since it's not terribly noticable...it just adds character, right?

In other very awesome news...I tried on my wedding dress and I'm well on my way to having to trade it in for a smaller size!! :woohoo: It was very loose...all this working out seems to be paying off!!

Oops! One other thing...

As I've mentioned a few times before...Thomas is deployed right now...his ship is currently ported in Greece...7 hours ahead of me. So in honor of him (and mainly because I think my dad just wanted to crack open the champagne early) we had a New Years toast at 5:00 PM Eastern Time...midnight where my fiance is!

IMAG0095.jpg

The important thing to me about this picture...besides that I'm double fisting champagne...is that this is the first time I was able to notice a difference in my body due to all the working out I've been doing (this was prior to trying on my dress as I mentioned in the earlier post). I'm just so glad it's paying off!! I just have to keep it up!

You are getting married this year!! And Thomas will be home soon!!

You look awesome! Good job!!

hi awesome lyndsay!

-ok possible he got files crossed or also not...if you notice he walks around a lot. I am pretty sure we will have some like this too and honestly I love it because I love those kind of pictures. it made me laugh when I saw them

-your body looks great so hooray good job! I usually don't comment when people have the weight and diet stuff because if you see me I am very small and I feel like people think I'm not being genuine but I am happy for you :)

-shin splints! with my line of work I can teach you a lot about these. 1st- they are caused by muscles pulling on the bones when you run. they can be caused by tight calf and posterior muscles in the leg and tight anterior muscles in the leg. stretching the calves can do a lot but I recommend this after really heating them up either in a shower or using a heating pad. You can ice your shins for pain but actually icing you calves may help more. Most likely you need better arch support in your shoes. Try getting fitted for better shoes also you can try buying some tape or stretchy type tape or even a tight arch wrap at a store or online and wearing that under some tight arch support socks.

-he will be home soon I have no idea how you handle him being gone it is so hard for me when greg is gone

-we need to talk some star wars! go to www.heruniverse.com this is where I get the majority of my shirts they feel great and they are made very well. The girl who created the company is a super star I absolutely love her and there are forums on there for star wars fan girls!

Teresa

Love the engagement pictures!

I think your cake will be pretty! I love Fall colors. The menus sound great too!

I don't think the squiggly lines are too noticeable! I wouldn't have even noticed if you hadn't mentioned it. I'm sure your guests won't notice and if they do they certainly won't say anything!

Congrats on the weightloss! :banana:

Yay for your weight loss! Thats awesome! :thumbsup2 Help me get motivated! haha

I dont think the squiggles are noticeable, like you said, it adds character!!

HI All!!!

Looking for ANY help and advice for our upcoming wedding. I've noticed people recommend Randy from Chapman photography? Also, we are having just 25-35 people. Has anyone done a brunch for that many? If so, where? The Attic? Any help is appreciated!

I haven't updated in quite some time! I had our planning session on Thursday, 02/16 and we just crossed over the 9 month mark until our wedding! :cool1:

Thomas is still deployed...until May...which kinda sucks...scratch that, really sucks. I just wish he could be more involved in the planning.

At our planning session we went over decor, timeline, deadlines, transportation, and cake. I didn't take any pictures because my phone died.

After the planning session, we went to Winter Park to meet with Jonathan from Jonathan's Flowers. I think we're going to hire him for our decor for the ceremony and our personal flowers.

Here is a mock-up of my bridal bouquet.
396236_10100334166958861_33000031_44536030_721757579_n.jpg

We did a trial run on our invites...I'm pretty happy with how they turned out...what do you think?

C9E2A3AD.jpg

25EC37C7.jpg

5F67B697.jpg

C593818B.jpg

C25E6D80.jpg

93CDE37F.jpg

The outside envelope as well as the RSVP return envelopes are both orange like the band in the first picture. We're also going to add some sort of mickey touch on the band.

I love love love your bridal bouquet! So pretty!

And the invites are gorgeous-- love them!

Super excited about the floral!!

HEY! You are kicking this deployment's butt!! He'll be home soon! :)

hide.gif

I always forget to update....honestly, there's nothing really going on wedding related at the moment to update about!
lol-1.gif

Some exciting things coming up soon though....

My birthday is later this month (April 22nd)...that means I'm entering my late twenties (turning 26)!

Thomas comes home from deployment next month!!
Can you say...
jump4joy.gif
jump4joy.gif
bliss.gif
jump4joy.gif
jump4joy.gif

getdown.gif
getdown.gif

Once he gets home we'll head to Disney sometime in June for our menu tasting.

That's pretty much all I got!

OoOo...this is kinda wedding related...I just got this shirt off eBay -
04042012.jpg

I got one for me and one of my bridesmaids (she gets married in September).

Here's the link if you want one yourself - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shirt-Tank-...y-bride-groom-wedding-matromony-/290669083917
**Just a little warning...they run small! At least the tank tops do. I typically wear a medium...ordered a large when I saw the sizing info and its snug. Not sure if you can tell, but the print stretched a bit...especially around the ****ies. :laughing:

Love that bouquet!! Those colors are going to look amazing together. And the mockup invites are so cute! :goodvibes

that shirt cracks me up, I bet your BM loves hers too. Happy Early Birthday!! :banana:

I love love love your bridal bouquet! So pretty!

And the invites are gorgeous-- love them!

Thank you! :yay:

Super excited about the floral!!

HEY! You are kicking this deployment's butt!! He'll be home soon! :)

Thanks!! I'm so excited...I get my groom back this month! :cool1:

Love that bouquet!! Those colors are going to look amazing together. And the mockup invites are so cute! :goodvibes

that shirt cracks me up, I bet your BM loves hers too. Happy Early Birthday!! :banana:

She LOVED it! It was a total surprise...all I did was text her and say, "You're not allowed to ask any questions...I just need your shirt size...and pink or black?"

She took a picture when she got it and was cracking up.

Just found your PJ. Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing more of your plans.

Thanks! :bitelip:

Just found your PJ!! Congrats! Can't wait to read more!

Your bouquet is really pretty!

Thanks! :goodvibes

My fiance has been gone since October...'cruising' around on a big ship...I can't say when exactly...but I will soon have a big update filled with tons of pictures of us reuniting! He comes home this month!!!
eekdance.gif
To say I'm excited would be the understatement of the century...it's been far too long! Yes, we still get to talk...but its very rare that I actually get to hear his voice...most of our communication is through email.

Since he's been gone, I have lost 13 pounds and 7 inches total! I'm not sure if its a huge difference or not, but I feel great...and that's what matters the most to me. I know its made some difference since I was able to trade in my wedding dress for a smaller size...but other than that I don't see much more of a difference.

Speaking of wedding dress...I'm hijacking another bride's idea that I saw...I think I've posted before about how I'm not comfortable posting pictures of my dress on the public forum...but if you'd like to see it, feel free to let me know and I can send you a PM with the link! :D

Have a magical day! :)

Today marks six months until the wedding!! :yay:

I got my wedding shoes last weekend...on sale for about $40!
http://www.dsw.com/shoe/lulu+townse...14400006&isBrand=y&categoryName=Women's Shoes
img-thing

As I mentioned before, my fiance is coming home from deployment very soon. I found out earlier this week that I won first kiss! That means Thomas will be the first sailor allowed off the ship after the new dads (the dads who had babies born while they were deployed). We're both pretty excited about it. This is his last deployment for a while (if ever) so its pretty special that we get to have this moment. I also spoke with a photographer who did pictures of my brother and I last year for Mother's Day...she's available and is going to come take pictures for me at homecoming for free!! :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter