LuLaRoe and Disney?

this sounds like It works...:sad2:
It is like It Works. And Mary Kay. And Pampered Chef. And, and, and every other home show party that you have heard of.
I am a consultant.
Not a pyramid scheme, pyramid schemes don't involve selling product.
I have never nor do I know of anyone on my team who has received any returned merchandise from other consultants when they have ordered.
I'm thankful to work for a company that will allow me to send back my merchandise if I want to go out of business.

As said earlier
To each their own.
It is very true that pyramid schemes don't involve selling a product to an outside customer.

But if you think about it, YOU are the customer. Which means there isn't really any product being sold to anyone but the consultant.
The funny (or sad) thing is that the consultants (now over 70k) don't realize that they are actually the customers....... Honestly LLR is genius--- getting people to buy all of your stock regardless of what it looks like and then have to follow your strict guidelines on how they get rid of it and what they can charge.....It's amazing really... The few early members are making a killing, but not off of the end user..... off of the "consultants"....
Yep, just like every other pyramid scheme. Just wait, very soon you will see people dumping inventory on EBay.

I'm seeing consultants saying the best way to guarantee you get one is to book a pop up party. saying every party will get 2-3 pieces and insinuating you buy those yourself...

That's the consultants holding back on their saleable stock to promote private sales.
It is like It Works. And Mary Kay. And Pampered Chef. And, and, and every other home show party that you have heard of.

It is very true that pyramid schemes don't involve selling a product to an outside customer.

But if you think about it, YOU are the customer. Which means there isn't really any product being sold to anyone but the consultant.

Yep, just like every other pyramid scheme. Just wait, very soon you will see people dumping inventory on EBay.

It's already on ebay--except being sold by the second purchasers for higher prices, but only the things found desirable. everything else has to get schlepped by the consultants, who are not allowed to sell there.

As of last night there seems to be a lawsuit against LLR for being a pyramid scheme-- this may start everyone selling on ebay....

The days are numbered.

That's the consultants holding back on their saleable stock to promote private sales.

It's already on ebay--except being sold by the second purchasers for higher prices, but only the things found desirable. everything else has to get schlepped by the consultants, who are not allowed to sell there.

As of last night there seems to be a lawsuit against LLR for being a pyramid scheme-- this may start everyone selling on ebay....

The days are numbered.

Which is why I said I guess anyone can get a license from Disney to sell product.

I'm not sure about any of the women on the boards but my DW is obsessed with Lu La Roe leggings and she tried to empty my bank account on this stuff, now I may support her addiction.

The video in the above link has some of the prints - thoughts?
I don't currently own any (despite knowing multiple people who sell them) but I was SO excited about this announcement. However, looking at the prints, I was kind of disappointed. I didn't think any of them were that cute. :confused3

I belong to a Facebook page about how dsyfunctional LulaRoe is and what a disaster it is. It is very informative and revealing. The company is so shady, I am embarrassed for Disney.

I find the Johnny LaRue line is far more flattering to my figure.

johnnylarue.jpg

That's it...I don't really have anything serious to add.

A close relative started selling LLR about two years ago. She has a masters degree but was staying home with a young child and was doing a variety of work-from-home things to bring in some extra money. The things she tried - jewelry and soap, for example - took a TON of time and work and made virtually no money.

She had a big social network when she got involved with LLR, which helped her attract both customers and consultants. Within a little over a year, she was making about $10K a month in "bonus" checks (meaning, just the money coming up from the people under her, not including her own sales). This approximately tripled their household income, in just over a year. It's allowed her family to buy a bigger house and pay off some debt. Last week/earlier this week the whole family was in SoCal for the LLR big meeting and she was at DCA for the announcement. This was the first time any of her family had been to DL. She told me that during the private LLR event she was the only person on TSM at one point. She loved being in the park for the special event.

So from her perspective, it's been a great life choice. She is well aware of all the warts associated with LLR and just wants to ride this as long as she can. While she does not love all of their business practices, she does not find LLR to be unethical or shady. It is certainly not a "pyramid scheme" in the pejorative way it's been used here (used in a way that actually suggests "Ponzi Scheme").

My wife enjoys many LLR products and they look (and feel!) quite good on her. As for leggings (and yoga pants) being worn as pants, I think I can speak for most men in saying that I hope this is a trend that continues for a long time.

A close relative started selling LLR about two years ago. She has a masters degree but was staying home with a young child and was doing a variety of work-from-home things to bring in some extra money. The things she tried - jewelry and soap, for example - took a TON of time and work and made virtually no money.

She had a big social network when she got involved with LLR, which helped her attract both customers and consultants. Within a little over a year, she was making about $10K a month in "bonus" checks (meaning, just the money coming up from the people under her, not including her own sales). This approximately tripled their household income, in just over a year. It's allowed her family to buy a bigger house and pay off some debt. Last week/earlier this week the whole family was in SoCal for the LLR big meeting and she was at DCA for the announcement. This was the first time any of her family had been to DL. She told me that during the private LLR event she was the only person on TSM at one point. She loved being in the park for the special event.

So from her perspective, it's been a great life choice. She is well aware of all the warts associated with LLR and just wants to ride this as long as she can. While she does not love all of their business practices, she does not find LLR to be unethical or shady. It is certainly not a "pyramid scheme" in the pejorative way it's been used here (used in a way that actually suggests "Ponzi Scheme").

My wife enjoys many LLR products and they look (and feel!) quite good on her. As for leggings (and yoga pants) being worn as pants, I think I can speak for most men in saying that I hope this is a trend that continues for a long time.

She is one of the lucky few who got in towards the top of the pyramid. Can't see how you can say it isn't a pyramid scheme just based on the info in your post...10 k a month just on the product purchased by her unders.....Isn't that the definition of pyramid? They are talking about changing that to commission on sales of your unders as opposed to commission on their purchases... which would help their case. When brought up they said "Oh, I didn't know"....

She is one of the lucky few who got in towards the top of the pyramid. Can't see how you can say it isn't a pyramid scheme just based on the info in your post...10 k a month just on the product purchased by her unders.....Isn't that the definition of pyramid? They are talking about changing that to commission on sales of your unders as opposed to commission on their purchases... which would help their case. When brought up they said "Oh, I didn't know"....

She definitely benefited by getting in early. I wouldn't call it "luck" as much as constantly keeping her ear to the ground for business opportunities, taking the risk of a significant $ investment in a lot of inventory, and then hustling her butt off to build a team under her.

A pyramid scheme, as demonstrated most famously by Ponzi and most recently by Bernie Madoff, requires there to be losers because it's built on deception. Using your name, I'll give this example. I say, "Dave, if you give me one beer, in a month I'll give you three in return." Sounds like a good deal so you do it. I drink your beer and then tell Beer Joe if he give me six beers, I'll give him 12 in one month. I take his beers, give you three, drink nine, and then go to Beer Sam and tell him I'll turn his 20 beers into 40. Etc. etc. Eventually someone gets the short end of the stick because it's based on nothing but my lies.

There is no necessary loser in an honestly run multi-level marketing company. Some people will make out better than others, but even the person at the very bottom of the pyramid can still make money by selling her product.

She definitely benefited by getting in early. I wouldn't call it "luck" as much as constantly keeping her ear to the ground for business opportunities, taking the risk of a significant $ investment in a lot of inventory, and then hustling her butt off to build a team under her.

A pyramid scheme, as demonstrated most famously by Ponzi and most recently by Bernie Madoff, requires there to be losers because it's built on deception. Using your name, I'll give this example. I say, "Dave, if you give me one beer, in a month I'll give you three in return." Sounds like a good deal so you do it. I drink your beer and then tell Beer Joe if he give me six beers, I'll give him 12 in one month. I take his beers, give you three, drink nine, and then go to Beer Sam and tell him I'll turn his 20 beers into 40. Etc. etc. Eventually someone gets the short end of the stick because it's based on nothing but my lies.

There is no necessary loser in an honestly run multi-level marketing company. Some people will make out better than others, but even the person at the very bottom of the pyramid can still make money by selling her product.

I agree with all...... Until the quality and designs drop (which they have been)(see pattern layering) to a level where they are no longer marketable, and 81,000 people get stuck with thousands of dollars of merchandise each that they can't sell.......

I agree with all...... Until the quality and designs drop (which they have been)(see pattern layering) to a level where they are no longer marketable, and 81,000 people get stuck with thousands of dollars of merchandise each that they can't sell.......

Yep, but that's another issue entirely. It has nothing do with multi-level marketing, but with a company letting its product quality get bad. For what it's worth, I remember four people (myself included) sitting in the living room of this family member and looking in the crotch of hundreds of just-shipped-in leggings to make sure there were no holes, as had been happening with some frequency. Their quality control has been an issue for a long time.

Which makes me wonder why Disney would take a risk on putting their name on the product (to bring this back around to the original topic).

Yep, but that's another issue entirely. It has nothing do with multi-level marketing, but with a company letting its product quality get bad. For what it's worth, I remember four people (myself included) sitting in the living room of this family member and looking in the crotch of hundreds of just-shipped-in leggings to make sure there were no holes, as had been happening with some frequency. Their quality control has been an issue for a long time.

Which makes me wonder why Disney would take a risk on putting their name on the product (to bring this back around to the original topic).
Right-- I guess it's a shame they just want the licensing money. From what they have shown they have not released more than a few likenesses to LLR. Maybe Disney forced it on them because of all the "disney similar" images they have been using....."hey we won't start proceedings if you pay for some future use"....
Although I don't think LLR advertised their patterns as such, the consultants surely did.(do)

Considering they're up to 18,000 yes, yes they will. While the rest of us sit here and shake our heads.

This will be worse than the Christmas themed leggings where consultants would sell ONLY in an outfit and then the must have pair would be twice the price of every other outfit and you'd be lucky if the items matched. Or they'd be part of a raffle for charity (which is great, and I'm happy to support the charity) but really I'd just like to buy the leggings. Don't get me started on the roulette mess, or FB live with tickets etc.

Trying to get a pair of holiday leggings really soured me on the brand, which is too bad because it's a neat product, and I do love their leggings.

Most likely, those high bids are shill bids. Nobody gives a hoot about Lula Roe pants that much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter