Luck and Hard Work - March 2019 W.I.S.H. Goals

Yesterday was a not bad day. I did eat some peanut putter M&M's left over from Sunday and had some Tagalong GS cookies in the evening. We also had beef stew for dinner. I push DH to go the rec and work out as well.

I had my doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon. They think my stomach issues is just acid reflux. I am now taking Prilosec to help. I also have to watch what i am eating, stop eating 2 hours before bed, sleep on my left side and with a wedge pillow (this will be the hardest part). I sleep on my stomach and almost completely flat. My pillow is very flat. I feel like I am suffocating if I have a fluffy pillow like you are supposed to.

They did take blood yesterday and I go for an ultrasound next week. They are just ruling things out. The ultrasound is to check my gallbladder and stomach.
I hear you on how hard it is to alter your natural sleeping position... I'm a side sleeper and have to have my arms up, wrapped around the pillow. Hope the blood work results turn out well.

Woohoo its Wednesday, or is it Friday.... well, it's my Friday, so Woohoo for that.

I've been really good about staying away from dairy this week, so one small step in the right direction.

While I was sick I managed to keep up with household chores, even if it was just picking up after myself and washing the dishes, so woohoo me.

Last year I got a new sofa, last month I got a new coffee table and a new seating bench is coming later this week. Then this morning I found a new TV stand online that goes with the coffee table and bench (AllModern has figured out my style and is making good suggestions) and ordered it, so slowly I'm revamping the living room and it's looking pretty good.

It's sunny and warm again today!

Woohoo Wednesday!
It’s sunny, if not warm, but it’s not freezing, so that’s a good thing. It’s a big reason I have walked every day for a week and tracked my food. I have a new favorite snack-15 almonds, a piece of light string cheese and some grapes. I actually look forward to it!
We decided to go to the beach this weekend, so looking forward to getting away for a few days.

I'm a little late today...busy day. But a big woohoo! My kindergarten kiddos have raised a total (so far) of $500.18 towards the purchase of a Nintendo Switch & 15 games for the children's cancer center at our hospital! They are just so excited about helping "sick kids with cancer". They don't understand how much money that really is, they just know they are helping others and it feels good. I originally was going to have them make valentines to send to kids in the hospital, but this was all their idea. :lovestruc

A smaller, yet big woohoo for me...my report cards are finished :goodvibes

Sadly, I can't woohoo that my windows are here. Now it sounds like April 1. Hope that's not a joke :upsidedow

I wasn't feeling all that woohooey - but then I remembered I bought a new outfit on the weekend to wear to the comedy festival - and for a change I found some clothes relatively quickly that were a good fit, looked good and I felt good wearing it. It was just some coloured jeans and a black top - but even though I don't really think I have officially dropped a dress size yet - the pants were smaller than previous recent sizing - but they did have stretch in them and the top was flattering. So woohoo - it has been a while since I was happy with an outfit I have bought - I usually just settle for the least worst!

No, I haven’t, but it sounds interesting. My husband reads mostly non-fiction and I bet he would like this.

I definitely recommend it! There's a lot about how things that look like the result of hard work were also made possible by a bit of unseen luck.

Hello all,

Here is my Foodie Friday suggestion https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/cheese-filled-chicken-breast

Friday night I was EXHAUSTED - I went to bed at 7.30pm :faint:

Its early Saturday morning for me - I am going to head out into the garden to do some weeding and trimming - I can the birds our there chirping away so should be a nice start to the weekend. Nothing exciting planned - housework, optometrist for DD and running kids to/from work. Am hoping to squeeze in some family active time somewhere!

That looks yummy!

I did a new healthy substitution this week, rather than a whole new recipe, but it worked well. - I made stuffed peppers with half hamburg/half pinto beans instead of all hamburg, and I was happy with how they came out.

It's more a "use up leftovers" thing in my house than a written recipe, but here are the basics:

Preheat to 350°.
Cut bell peppers (any color you like) in half lengthwise, and put them upside down in a glass pan with a little water.
Bake for 10..ish?? minutes to get them started softening while you mix up the filling.

For the filling, the old recipe I started with years ago called for boxed Spanish rice mix (waaaaay too much salt now), browned ground beef, and spaghetti sauce. I've "healthied it up" over the years and now just throw together whatever rice and leftover meat I have on hand. (I've even done it with couscous!). Lately I've been buying this rice:

0054800031770_A1L1_ItemMaster_default_large.jpeg

And this time I used a little ground beef and part of a can of pinto beans. (DH is supposed to limit red meat.)

Mix the rice, cooked meat, beans, and sauce together. Take out the peppers, turn them over, and stuff them with the mixture. Add a little extra sauce on top and sprinkle with parm if you like.

Bake about 20 more minutes.

Last edited:
It’s a beautiful sunny day here at the beach-we are heading out to the boardwalk in a few minutes for a walk. I’m keeping track of what I’m eating-I had shrimp Pho yesterday for lunch and was surprised how high in calories it was when I checked info online. I had a cereal bowl size portion, hopefully the nutritional info was using a larger amount!
Hope everyone is having a good weekend-although 4Mickeys is rolling into Monday already?

A little late again in posting my foodie Friday, but I made homemade Italian turkey meatballs last week. They looked ugly, but tasted great. Here's the recipe:

Preheat over to 425 degrees F.
Soak 1/3 cups bread crumbs in 1/4 cup 2% milk.
Saute 1 chopped onion w/ 3 finely chopped cloves of garlic.
Combine onion/garlic mixture with 2 lbs ground turkey, 2 large eggs, 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, 1 tsp oregano, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and bread crumb mixture. Mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Form turkey mixture into approx 42 1-inch meatballs. Put on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Bake for 13-18 minutes or until browned and cooked through.

How is everyone doing this "Whatever Weekend"?
We're having a nice weekend as well. Yesterday we got together with extended family. We looked at picking magic band colors for our trip in July...but many in my family tend to be indecisive. We're trying to decide if we want everyone to have a different color...or if we want each family to have a color. Today is a beautiful, sunny day here in PA too. Got my workout in, but also planning on taking the dog for a walk today since it's such a nice day! Can't believe it's the last week of March already...but so excited it's Spring!!!:flower1:

Not sure how it goes down on this Thread, but thought I would share my current fitness goal.

I am going on my first cruise, leaving May 6th, and wanted to get really fit. So my current goal is to be able to run 5 miles in 40 minutes (or 8 minutes per mile), and complete 10 pull-ups.

Today was a 'test' day, and I was able to do 9:31 per mile, and 7.67 pull-ups (averaged over 3 reps). I ran on a treadmill, when I usually run outside. I figured it would be better for auditing purposes if I was consistent with the running venue.

So I am happy with my progress, but have a lot of work to do. The next 'test' is April 10th. Hopefully in the meantime I can run outside more. I work in Center City Philadelphia, and LOVE running on the Schuylkill trail during lunch, and sometimes the Art Museum Steps.

Not sure how it goes down on this Thread, but thought I would share my current fitness goal.

I am going on my first cruise, leaving May 6th, and wanted to get really fit. So my current goal is to be able to run 5 miles in 40 minutes (or 8 minutes per mile), and complete 10 pull-ups.

Today was a 'test' day, and I was able to do 9:31 per mile, and 7.67 pull-ups (averaged over 3 reps). I ran on a treadmill, when I usually run outside. I figured it would be better for auditing purposes if I was consistent with the running venue.

So I am happy with my progress, but have a lot of work to do. The next 'test' is April 10th. Hopefully in the meantime I can run outside more. I work in Center City Philadelphia, and LOVE running on the Schuylkill trail during lunch, and sometimes the Art Museum Steps.

Welcome to the thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter