Luau....

Discussion in 'Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa' started by Wendi Higginbotham, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Wendi Higginbotham

Wendi Higginbotham Earning My Ears

Going to Aulani the in mid-January. Trying to decide... do we do the Luau at the resort or the Polynesian center? My other question is that it said sometimes it's cancelled due to weather-- would we get a refund? thank you

2. Lisa Skier

Lisa Skier DisneyFan

They are both completely different experiences so it would be best to see how the experience suits what you want to do. PCC can be an all afternoon event and the shows at night (there is a luau and another show). I haven't done the luau at the Aulani but have done numerous luaus - I have also been to PCC numerous times and love it each time I go. I know this doesn't help :)

Wendi Higginbotham likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. vikequeen

vikequeen Mouseketeer

what age are your attendees? We went to Aulani luau last year. It can be late and slow moving for little ones. There was at least one tween asleep at our table. If you search, there is another relatively recent thread with a comparison. I will try to find it and post link again here too.

5. vikequeen

vikequeen Mouseketeer

6. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

The PCC luau would be about an hour's drive in the dark, and likely in rush hour traffic on the way there. I personally wouldn't be comfortable with that, so I'd opt for the Aulani one or Paradise Cove next door. Also, the PCC does not serve alcohol if that's a concern.

Wendi Higginbotham likes this.
  7. Wendi Higginbotham

kids are 12 and 8 :)

8. nkereina

nkereina Last chance to lose your keys.

Another thing I'll add is that the PCC is run by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I've not been there myself, but I have heard other reports that people didn't care for the religious overtones around. From what I have gathered, its minimal, but something some people may want to consider.

9. Glent59

Glent59 DVC Member since 2009

There is another option.... at the Marriott ko olina on Tuesdays is the "Fia Fia Luau" you can walk or take the Ko Olina shuttle.. we enjoyed that! the dinner show was fantastic...

10. Wendi Higginbotham

Thank you all so much for your information..... getting super excited and appreciate your help !