Lovmy2girls go to LeCellier for the First Time Review

Ice wine is made from grapes after they have had a frost on them. They are super sweet and you don't need much of it.
We're from Canada so we've had it quite alot and forget about others thinking it so unusual. Haha
It is yummy though.

Just in case anyone really cares.
Canada’s cool climatic conditions enable it to be the largest ice wine producer in the world. The grapes for ice wine must be gathered and pressed at a temperature not higher than –8oC. Although both Germany and Austria are large ice wine producers, their climates are not as consistently cold as is Canada’s to guarantee ice wine production every year. Canada produces over 2 million 375ml bottles of ice wine annually. The average price of C$45/bottle in Canada will go as high as C$220 in Japan
:wave2:

kcrew said:
I have Le Cellier ADRs and have been wavering for awhile. Every time I see a picture of that tiny filet on top of the teeny potatoes all I can think is "where can I get a snack when I'm done?" I guess it doesn't help that I could care less if I ever ate steak! Anyway I read your Kona review as well and am wondering if you would recommend it over Le Cellier to someone who has been to neither?

I had almost the same opinion of Le Cellier as the op. I had that filet for my entree and I couldn't finish it. When you consider the appetizer (I had the beef kabob), plus drinks, bread sticks, potatoes, etc, it was impossible for me to finish my meal. My dh did a fairly good job on his strip steak but he didnt' finish either! I think the filet is 7 oz, that's pretty respectable size. It was tasty but not "WOW" tasty, I think.

"Ice" Wine.....Very Interesting & I didn't know that !
Thanks very much for teaching me something !!
But I am a dry white wine drinker so I don't think anything that sweet would be for me.....well, maybe 1 just to try it !!

If you were to choose between the Ice wine and the Ice wine martini, which would be your preference? I love both wine and martinis but tend to stick to drier reds although would be willing to try just to say I tried. Does this make sense?? :rotfl2: As far as martinis go, I am a Cosmo girl, so which did you prefer?

Thanks for your reviews and pics. You have a lovely family. Glad you had fun.

2xcited2slp said:
If you were to choose between the Ice wine and the Ice wine martini, which would be your preference? I love both wine and martinis but tend to stick to drier reds although would be willing to try just to say I tried. Does this make sense?? :rotfl2: As far as martinis go, I am a Cosmo girl, so which did you prefer?

Thanks for your reviews and pics. You have a lovely family. Glad you had fun.

They are both very different from each other. A poster said on this thread that she would have Ice Wine with dessert, and I can see that. We are not very wine educated people, believe me so I don't know a thing about it, although I have learned a lot from this thread about it! Ice Wine is very sweet. The Ice Wine Martini was more Vodka than Ice wine not sweet at all so that is about all I can say on that. I don't think I will have either again, kind of been there tried that. So I say Try them both! :)

bellenbuzz said:
"Ice" Wine.....Very Interesting & I didn't know that !
Thanks very much for teaching me something !!
But I am a dry white wine drinker so I don't think anything that sweet would be for me.....well, maybe 1 just to try it !!

They also produce it in Upstate NY where I'm from , and here at least the Ice Wine is not served with your meal. It is considered a dessert wine much the same as Sherry. So, don't replace your usual dinner wine, but try it afterwards. :)

kcrew said:
They also produce it in Upstate NY where I'm from , and here at least the Ice Wine is not served with your meal. It is considered a dessert wine much the same as Sherry. So, don't replace your usual dinner wine, but try it afterwards. :)

ITA and the prices here are not quite as high as what we'd pay in a restaurant in WDW! Phew when I saw that amount I popped a cork, lol!

it is truly a great thing to try though and I'd recommend wine-drinkers and non win-drinkers try it, most of our friends who don't like wine end up liking ice wine because of the sweetness. :)

"Ice" Wine With Dessert, Got It !!!!

Now to Chose Which Appetizer & Steak I'm Going to Get !!

Does LeCellier Offer Lots of Good Cuts of Steak???
I am not a Steak Expert, But I usually love a good NY Strip.....
I'll be honest, I don't know the difference between Porterhouse, NY etc....
Just know it all tastes soooooooo good !

Now My 5 yr old DD wants to pick out the Smilie Dudes....Here Goes
:happytv: popcorn:: :artist: :hourglass :laundy: :beach: :santa: :drive: :rockband: :boat: :drinking1 :tiptoe: :dumbo: :figment: :goofy: :stitch2: :mickeyjum :donald: :stitch: :mickeybar :dogdance:

I accually "stole" your photos so that I can send them to my BF! LOL
We LOVED Le Cellier so much that it made it to our BEST DINNER EVER list!
Accually your photos make me tear a little... O !... CANADA!

Thanks for the review! It was great to see so many pictures of different things on the menu. :)

Great report! We had Le Cellier in November and I loved it! We had great service and the filet mignon is yummy! I also had the creme brulee and I look forward to having it again! Thank you for sharing! :wizard:

daisy_77 said:
Great report! We had Le Cellier in November and I loved it! We had great service and the filet mignon is yummy! I also had the creme brulee and I look forward to having it again! Thank you for sharing! :wizard:

Thanks! :teeth:

This will be our first time at LeCellier on our trip in August. We are going for dinner and I had a question re: the 7oz Filet with the maple bbq sauce. Ok for all you steak purists, please stop reading now. I like my steak well done, very little to no pink..those of you who have had this, do you think it would be difficult to get this. I'm wondering if it's so thick that's impossible. TIA for the tips.

Lizzybee said:
This will be our first time at LeCellier on our trip in August. We are going for dinner and I had a question re: the 7oz Filet with the maple bbq sauce. Ok for all you steak purists, please stop reading now. I like my steak well done, very little to no pink..those of you who have had this, do you think it would be difficult to get this. I'm wondering if it's so thick that's impossible. TIA for the tips.
Absolutely! My husband and I are both the same way. We asked for well done not burned. Our steaks came out perfect. NO pink or NO MOO is how my husband says it. :)

It's one of our favorites too!! In January we tried to eat there and it was full with advanced reservations all weekend. We will try it again in Oct.

Lizzybee said:

If you want to be on the safe side and be sure it's well done w/o being totally hard as a rock, you can ask them to butterfly it when you order it.

The one I had a couple weeks ago was thick, but not 2 inches thick so I'd imagine it would be easy to prepare it well without butterflying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter