Losing weight for my first Disney Cruise!

My total weight loss is 11.2 lbs in the last 9 weeks. I am almost down a pants size. I also accomplished a mini goal yesterday. I ran 2.5 miles without stopping. My first running 5k is this weekend. So excited!

Wow! That's great! What are you doing to lose the weight?

Counting calories on my fitness pal. I also am doing zumba 3 times a week, power lift class 3 times a week, step twice a week , yoga twice a week and running 2-3 times a week ( short 1-2 miles).

I'm hopping on board here (haha)...

We're cruising to celebrate my DD's 16th bday in December. Long time advocate for the MyFitnessPal, although I haven't been very regimented about it. It has helped me not to gain much after doing a boot camp style weight loss program 4+ years ago.

But for the cruise I would love to drop 20 pounds... So I'll try and post on here when I can and join the monthly challenges.

Current activities - walking 4 miles at 4mph around our lake and my Zumba tapes. I have some Jillian workouts and I think I have one of those really hard core P90 something or other workouts I may transition to once I feel up to it.

I definitely work better with goals, and this will be a good one!

I don't have a cruise scheduled, but it is my motivation to get in shape. I have promised myself that after I lose 30 pounds, I can schedule a cruise. I have a hard time staying motivated, but hopefully I can keep my eyes on the prize. I started the 5:2 diet last week, and I'm down 2 lbs. I plan to do some kind of exercise every day, and will find a regular work out once I get into the swing of things.

Using a cruise sounds like a great motivation for weight loss too Coffeecassie! I need very concrete motivation - usually a costume I want to look good in for halloween or an event requiring a nice outfit.. using the cruise this year.

Perhaps in your goal to make it feel more real put ten bucks or some similar amount in a cruise fund piggy bank for every pound lost. That way when you reach your goal you'll also have the money for the deposit ready to go!

Just finished a four mile walk around the lake. We hit Herhsey park yesterday -but even for being on our feet for ten hours I probably negated the walking with food. I did get a salad with little dressing for lunch and a decent dinner (although Red Robin does serve their turkey avocado on a croissant - I should've switched out the bread)! :)

We currently don't have a cruise planned :sad: but we love cruising so I hope you don't mind if I join your group. :) We did our 10th cruise this past January, the Carnival Conquest out of New Orleans. We have also cruised on the Carnival Fantasy, Freedom and Glory. We've been on the Disney Magic twice (that was our very first one, to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary back in 2001), Disney Wonder and Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas, and Mariner of the Seas (twice on that one).

We decided to "take a break" from cruising this coming winter and do something else. Not sure what yet though, either Florida again, or an all-inclusive, or wait until spring and rent a cabin in the Smokies again, just haven't decided yet.

But. We're starting to think of a cruise for our 40th wedding anniversary, either Hawaii or Alaska.

And I will be MUCH THINNER for that one! :yay: I've gone back and forth with my weight for years. Lost 40 pounds 10 years ago, but "a few pounds" found their way back. I'm diabetic and in November my doctor talked about the dreaded "I" word...insulin. :( I don't want to go on it, and he said if I lost 30 pounds I may not have to. And maybe could even get off my oral medications. I would LOVE that! So, I was 184 at that point, lost a few, gained a few, over the winter. Finally decided I wasn't doing so well on my own and joined Weight Watchers Online on May 16th and am now 167.

My DD (she's 34) and I are taking a trip to WDW in September and she has never been there. So my goal is to get 20 more pounds off by then (we leave the 19th) so I have just over 3 months and I'm determined to do it!

Then I want to KEEP LOSING and be THIN AGAIN for our next cruise!! :)

Welcome aboard MIGrandma! I like this idea of a Losin' for Cruisin' thread, so I'll try to help Irishtwins112 keep it up.

Congrats on getting down to 167, that's essentially my goal weight. I'd be right there with you on losing the weight if the alternative was insulin. My cat takes the stuff now and it's not fun to give HIM a needle, I can't imagine giving it to myself.

You and I have similar goals - 20 pounds. I'm using MyFitnesspal because my worst habit is not being accountable for what I eat. And also enjoying the monthly challenges here, which might help you toward your September goal. You can do it!

Zim said:
Welcome aboard MIGrandma! I like this idea of a Losin' for Cruisin' thread, so I'll try to help Irishtwins112 keep it up.

Thanks! I don't have a ton of time to get on here so the help is appreciated. I have to post when my 1 and 2 year old are both asleep.

Congrats on getting down to 167, that's essentially my goal weight. I'd be right there with you on losing the weight if the alternative was insulin. My cat takes the stuff now and it's not fun to give HIM a needle, I can't imagine giving it to myself.

You and I have similar goals - 20 pounds. I'm using MyFitnesspal because my worst habit is not being accountable for what I eat. And also enjoying the monthly challenges here, which might help you toward your September goal. You can do it!

I see you're going to be going on a Disney Dream cruise, that's wonderful! I would love to do another Disney cruise, but I just haven't been able to justify booking one since they seem to have increased a lot in price since we cruised with Disney.

I'm not sure which cruiseline we'll go with when we're ready to book either Alaska or Hawaii for our 40th anniversary.

Yeah, the word "insulin" really scared me. I would hate daily shots! So I will do all I can to avoid that. I'm down to 164 this morning, can't wait to get into the 150's. :yay: Good luck with MyFitnessPal, being accountable for what we eat is hard sometimes. I haven't looked into the monthly challenges here too much, I should though.

I like your cat avatar. :) I've got a black cat too, she's very affectionate and loves to be on my lap anytime I'm sitting down.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. It'll be worth it, I know! :)

My hubs and I are also cruising in September and I am on a weight loss plan directed by my doctor.

I started the end of May and have lost 10 pounds so far. I am on an extreme low carb eating way of life because I have PCOS. My body is essentially carb intolerant. I just got off a week long cruise to Alaska and lost 5 pounds so it can be done even while on a cruise. I am hoping to be down at least another 10-15 pounds by the time we cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter