Looking to Lose Ladies

Did you want seat exercises and laps around the expo center? You could do laps at the hotel pool. ;) :laughing:

If you are a certified life guard we can do the dive test!! Cause you'll be divin' to save my sorry butt!!!

I'm just wondering if we have a plan.
At least at the Cape we can walk the neighborhood.

I was good again yesterday... YAY for ME!! :cheer2:

I think having you guys here is a great support! I'm so glad this thread was started! :grouphug:

Last night for dinner we ended up with having meatballs, sauce, and spaghetti squash. Kids just had the meatballs. They told me they weren't eating, so I didn't make any noodles, and then there they were with plates asking where the noodles were...sigh...

I have found that at the end of my shift, I have a huge sugar low. I tested it Monday when I got home and it was in the low 70's. No wonder I'm exhausted and not able to go work out after work! That's even lower than my fasting in the morning! So, yesterday I took a string cheese to have at like 230p, and I was good when I got home, not going crazy in the fridge, and a shaking mess. Going to see if it works again today, that might be my answer to the lack of energy in the afternoon...

Deb, I have that problem in the afternoon, too! And then I get to my mom's to pick up DS, and I want to eat everything in sight! I'm trying baby tomatoes to see if that helps!

Today is my "start over" day! I'm going to re-weigh-in at my mom's today. I've got my little food journaling notebook, and I'm good to go! The other thing that will help is that DH and my mom are on board this time. Not that I have to be dependent upon them, but my mom won't just up and make a cake and send home (which I then feel guilty for not eating) if she's doing this too. Plus, DH helps with the exercise because he goes with me!

Thanks for being the support and motivation, everyone!!

It is super nice to have you all here.

I need to start my food journal. I've got plenty of spiral books, so no excuse to not get it done.

I've also made up my mind that if I can convert the flab to lean muscle, I won't stress the numbers so much. So I'm going to measure the major points of contention and keep track that way too. {thanks Linda for the idea} If I can get my summer clothes to fit nice, I'm gonna be a happy girl. :)

Thanks you guys for being here.

Okey dokey! I've got a new "start" number--it's 6.5. Not thrilled with it, but I've got to be honest, I thought it'd be worse!!

I'm so glad we're tackling this together, too!

Today - down .5 from last Wednesday. I'm thrilled - this measly little half a pound! During the last week, I walked six miles with the dog most days when I had been thinking I'd do two or four. I took a pass on some sweets when I thought I really wanted them. It feels good to have support and accountability to help over the humps! And, oh, will there be humps!

And just got back from walking the dog (2 miles) this a.m. Early this morning, DH walked to his dentist appointment (just down the street from us) and called me at home as he walked - to say how lovely it was outside with the ice and snow on the trees glittering in the sun and to get outside to see it. :lovestruc I promptly took the dog out to squeeze a short walk in before the kids' playdates get here. It is beautiful!

I was good again yesterday... YAY for ME!! :cheer2:

I have found that at the end of my shift, I have a huge sugar low. I tested it Monday when I got home and it was in the low 70's. No wonder I'm exhausted and not able to go work out after work! That's even lower than my fasting in the morning! So, yesterday I took a string cheese to have at like 230p, and I was good when I got home, not going crazy in the fridge, and a shaking mess. Going to see if it works again today, that might be my answer to the lack of energy in the afternoon...

That is REALLY good information! could you have a cracker or a couple grapes or half a whole wheat minibagel with that? Also, are you drining sufficient water?

Also, what did you eat for lunch? Or, did you not eat lunch? It could be if you failed to eat lunch, that it has just been too long since your last meal. On the other hand, I find when I go lower than usual, it directly follows a meal in which I've gone high.

Deb, I have that problem in the afternoon, too! And then I get to my mom's to pick up DS, and I want to eat everything in sight! I'm trying baby tomatoes to see if that helps!

Today is my "start over" day! I'm going to re-weigh-in at my mom's today. I've got my little food journaling notebook, and I'm good to go! The other thing that will help is that DH and my mom are on board this time. Not that I have to be dependent upon them, but my mom won't just up and make a cake and send home (which I then feel guilty for not eating) if she's doing this too. Plus, DH helps with the exercise because he goes with me!

Thanks for being the support and motivation, everyone!!

GOOD job. Baby tomatos should help - they have just a tad of sugar in them. It really does help to have the support of your family.

It would have been much harder for me if DH had resisted the change. However, I'm done with guilt. If someone makes us a cake, I have my 3 bites, dh eats the rest, or it gets tossed. Period. It will happen this weekend - we're celebrating our joint birthdays - two couples with bd's within a month. If the other couple don't take the remains of the cake away with them, and dh doesn't eat it - out it goes!

I'm so glad we're tackling this together, too!

Today - down .5 from last Wednesday. I'm thrilled - this measly little half a pound! During the last week, I walked six miles with the dog most days when I had been thinking I'd do two or four. I took a pass on some sweets when I thought I really wanted them. It feels good to have support and accountability to help over the humps! And, oh, will there be humps!

And just got back from walking the dog (2 miles) this a.m. Early this morning, DH walked to his dentist appointment (just down the street from us) and called me at home as he walked - to say how lovely it was outside with the ice and snow on the trees glittering in the sun and to get outside to see it. :lovestruc I promptly took the dog out to squeeze a short walk in before the kids' playdates get here. It is beautiful!

Sounds like a lovely way to exercise! And good job on the half pound! MUCH better than up :laughing:

Lisa & Buffy, I'm taking the weekend off when we're in Hartford. Obviously I'll have to attempt to eat right, but no pool, no workout. I'm sure there's a fitness room in the hotel, too, but the only thing I'll be up for at 10 pm is the hot tub, if there is one. BTW, did you get your napoleon? (Want to live vicariously, lol)

Yesterday

Breakfast
Whole wheat flat with sliced turkey and cheese, salad, melon

Lunch
Salad with chicken, homemade dressing

Dinner
Chicken casserole, left over from Monday, green beans, salad

Snack
Cheese stick

Today, 40 minutes pool, 20 minutes cross trainer, 220.

Glad I'm not invested in having rapid weightloss, because it sure isn't. But even at 2 pounds a month, that's still 24 pounds down in a year. . . . which certainly beats 24 pounds UP.

Happy Day, all!

Yesterday I was stuck in the house all day, so I just ate lean cuisines and cereal, but no treadmill today or yesterday because shoveling was my exercise.

Deb, I tried your egg breakfast the other day. :thumbsup2 Thank you!!

OK I'm up 1, ugh. but I have a pity party kind of week.
However today is a new day!!!

While I am not very religious, I am giving up chocolate for Lent. It's a good a time as any right?
I also started to journal my food today.

Question about journalling and counting points. I wrote down my yogurt but I only ended up eating 1/2 of it. Do I go back and tweak my journal, leave it, or make a note?

That is REALLY good information! could you have a cracker or a couple grapes or half a whole wheat minibagel with that? Also, are you drining sufficient water?

Linda- I can have whatever as a snack, just have to pack it. Do you think I need a few carbs with it?

Lunch this week has been an arnold select roll toasted(1pt), 2 skinny cow wedges (2pt each) and butternut squash soup (3pt w/ the added milk). Not high in carbs, right?

Water is hit and miss. That's one thing about my job, I can't get my water like I did when I was on evening shift. But I try to hydrate at lunch, and will have at least 24oz at that time.

Linda- I can have whatever as a snack, just have to pack it. Do you think I need a few carbs with it?

That's why I suggested a couple grapes or a cracker - just a wee tad of carbs.

On the other hand, I'd like to see you have more protein for lunch than a couple skinny cow's. and maybe some raw veggies?

Today, I ate

Today,

Snack before gym - cheese stick, glass of water

Breakfast
eggs, bacon, whole wheat flat, and salad (hungry)

Lunch
leftover chicken casserole, salad, glass of water

Snack
5 almonds, glass of water

Supper
Homemade pizza with whole wheat crust, homemade sauce from Tuesday, and a ton of veggies, salad, water

1 small piece of dove dark chocolate.

I managed to stay on points today! YAY!! And I walked this morning. Hoping I can keep this up!! One day at a time. . .

I hope everyone's day was wonderful!

Linda, DH did bring me a Napolean. We shared it when he got in last night.:love:

I think everyone it doing good with the effort. That is half the battle, follow thru with the exercise and healthy eating is the other. Keep up the good work, ladies!!

I maintained this week. I was pretty disappointed by the number, but I feel better, so that's a bonus. And I've been journaling my points, so I'm accountable. Then this morning I realize there's a *hormonal* reason, and I'll prob see a drop for next week...

estrogen is a funny thing... not

Hey!
So Lent started yesterday and in January I gave up MnMs for the cruise and health, in Feb I gave up all soda except when Im at the theater because I just work too hard there and I was going to give it up for Lent and thought God would understand about the theater but yesterday I gave up my nightly snack which is the worst thing I have been probably doing. I eat Goldfish crackers as Im drifting off to sleep! I know its bad but somehow I got into the habit and couldnt seem to break it. If I cant quit the soda and MnM, I can do this , right? I just wont have them in the house and they wont be there to temp me. I can still have a WW ice cream or jello.
My weight stayed the same this week and the kids have been off school so I havnt excerised so I dont know what to expect for next week.
So there's my vent for the week.
I think everyone is doing great just by showing up and trying to be accountable, which I need to do better at.

Rita, I agree, participating with this thread is a great start. Ladies, remember as you exercise, you are building up muscle which weighs more that fat. As your muscle builds you will burn off the fat. Keep up the good work.

I myself do not exercise, I need to work on that.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter