Looking to Lose Ladies

cheated - used the carb count for the commercial one from trader Joes. :laughing:

But if you want me to figure it out for you, I can. Just need to know how many cups of blended squash you put in it.

Nope, that's close enough for me!

So, I'm going to count FALLING on my way to the car as my exercise for today! I'm walking and thinking and having a pity party for myself because DH and I are both working tomorrow, and we work opposite shifts, so we wont see eachother. And I'm thinking about where to get his giftie...and...

BOOM

I'm on the ground!
2mo5pow.gif

But I was a good wifey and got DH his iPod, and a card...

Now waiting for the ibuprofin to kick in. I did a number on my right hand and my knees! Sheesh! It's always something stoopid, isn't it?

So, I'm going to count FALLING on my way to the car as my exercise for today! I'm walking and thinking and having a pity party for myself because DH and I are both working tomorrow, and we work opposite shifts, so we wont see eachother. And I'm thinking about where to get his giftie...and...

BOOM

I'm on the ground!
2mo5pow.gif

But I was a good wifey and got DH his iPod, and a card...

Now waiting for the ibuprofin to kick in. I did a number on my right hand and my knees! Sheesh! It's always something stoopid, isn't it?

Poor BABY! :hug: I hope it doesn't hurt for long.

Thanks Linda. I'm better now that the meds are kicking in...

OK, going to plan meals for tomorrow... you guys have been such an inspiration! :thumbsup2

Definitely add that to the list why you deserve a cruise!!! ;)

Oh no! I hope you're feeling better, Deb.

I'm counting all the cleaning I did today as major exercise. Between sitting on the floor, lifting books and beds and whatnot, I'm sore. I'm waiting for my Ibuprofen to kick in too!

Going to do better today...yesterday I went over my daily pts and into weekly. While that's OK, still not the best idea...

Not exercising today after work. It was a possibility, but I think my bruised knee needs to heal a bit more...

Taking in my work eggs recipe, more soup, salad, arnold thin roll, laughing cow...

Dinner- Steak Sammys, salad...

Yesterday, I ate

Breakfast
1/2 c melon
ham & cheese on whole wheat deli flat

Snack
1/2 apple
slice of cheese

Lupper
Roast chicken
half a small potato
1 cup of Swiss Chard
piece of dark chocolate

Snack
1/2 c thin mint ice cream
chicken (when I picked the steamed bones)

Slept like an angel - wish I could eat early dinner every day.

Have a good day, all.

I have totally goofed off today. Spent a few hours reading a new book. It occurs to me that there might be some guidance for us here . "Take the Risk" by Ben Carson, MD. Same guy who wrote "Gifted Hands".

He says in a nut shell, life is full of risk, we have to learn how to decide on what is acceptable risk, and then act accordingly.

Here are his criteria.

What is the best thing that could happen if I do _____?
What is the worst thing that could happen if I do _____?
What is the best thing that could happen if I don't do ______?
What is the worst thing that could happen if I don't do ______?

If I apply that criteria to my health situation as of last March, here is the analysis of what I get.

What is the best thing that could happen if I do change my eating habits ?
Blood glucose is controlled and/ or blood pressure drops and/ or weight drops

What is the worst thing that could happen if I do change my eating habits?
Nothing. I couldn't think of any worst - except maybe hunger.

What is the best that can happen if I don't change my eating habits?
I won't have to change anything. I can keep eating the food I love.

What is the worst thing that could happen if I don't change my eating habits?
My diabetes would not be controlled, resulting in loss of sight, feet, ultimately life.

Hmm. No brainer - what fun would it be to eat donuts, danish, etc if I couldn't see them or didn't have the feet to go get them?

Rhetorical question - You don't have to publish the answer to this . . .

What does your best/worst analysis say to you?

Linda, I love the best/worst analysis! I really needed that!

I am probably going to have to change my original number. This past weekend I ate WHATEVER I wanted and did NO exercise. However, I went to bed the past two nights feeling icky, so I know that as much as I enjoyed it, it wasn't worth it for my body! I know our supper tomorrow night won't be the best in the world (Fat Tuesday), but DH & I are committed to getting this started. I WILL be at my healthiest again! I think we may have a snow day tomorrow, so I'll have to let you know what the scary number needs to be on Wednesday! :thumbsup2

Tomorrow is pancake day here. There is no way I am not going to have some of those. :thumbsup2 We love Mardi Gras. My numbers are going to take a beating for sure.

Morning all
Today was weigh in and I'm happy to say the new number is ##5.5 was hoping for plain 5 but had the munchies cause I was home from work and BORED with having a sick kiddo.

Hope you all had a good week. I've been reading and you all have done great with the food and exercise. I'm getting there need to make more time for the exercise but I'm choosing sleep over it right now and I just can't exercise the am's I'm up at 3 usually I come here read and fall back asleep.

Onward and downward

Wieghing in- I am down to 1.0- just .5 for the week but with everything that was happening and my lack of exercise from it I am really happy with that.

Rebecca

Mine is 1.0 also. Only my loss is 0.3.

Not as much as I was looking for, but I'm not really trying super hard either. As much as I would like the see the big numbers, I think I will keep it slow and hopefully my skin will keep up and I won't have any sagging from this.

Even. Yesterday, I did 25 minutes on the cross trainer and 40 minutes in the pool. I find if I get up and go do it, the rest of the day goes better, and I don't have to think about when i'm going to do it, because it's done.

Food intake.

Snack before Gym 1 tbl PB

Breakfast
2 eggs, bacon, 1 whole wheat deli flat, 1/2 c cantalope
small tossed salad (I was hungry!)

Lunch
Salad
Chicken salad
1 snack size peanut butter cup

Dinner
Dreamfields pasta (2 oz)
Home made meat sauce with extra veggies
broccoli

Snack (starving) 1 cup of mixed berries

Today - Took the tylonal pm last nigth because we were supposed to have snow this morning and I opt to sleep in rather than go to the gym. Slept in ok, but there has been no snow and I *could* have gone to the gym. annoyed with self for not having gotten up and gone.

Happy Day,all!

I'm now at 9.5 which is down .5. I'm surprised at this since I didn't exercise much and I've had way too much birthday cake and chocolates!

I don't have a scale here. It must be forbidden on vacation.:rotfl2: I am going to go by my weigh in Sunday am before I left for FL which was 3. If I maintain this week while I am away, I will be happy with that. I'm not being strict but then again, I am not going hog wild either (well, with the exception of a Napolean that I hope is coming my way today) :goodvibes

Slow and steady is a good sign we are eating healthy and exercising.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter