Long Island Medium

She lives in the next neighborhood and stopped at deli where my friend works and did tell her in formation that was true about a deceased relative.
My friend said her boss didn't want anything to do it but she started rattling off info of him that spooked him.

I saw her in person over the summer. There was no one going around beforehand gathering any information. She basically talked for a few minutes on stage about what she does and her background and then went out into the audience and did random readings for just about 2 hrs nonstop. I think if you went there as a skeptic you'd be inclined to believe by the time you left. It was pretty amazing to watch.

She's going to be in AC this weekend, mom and I are thinking of going. Mom has lots of dead relatives and my Grammy was a bossy chick so if anyone is going to come thru it would be here lol.

The thing is, I don't know if I believe or not. I don't think she has an evil bone in her body, but at the same time, I tend to learn from what John Edwards kept saying, "Don't wait to tell someone something now."

He's right. So, my husband and I have a word, no one else knows it. If one of us passes, then we'll know if the other one "comes through." I also have a few things with my my grandfather, so I will know if it is him and he has passed away.

I do WANT her to be real, though. The peace she gives people is just nice and I do enjoy her show.

On the other hand, think of the game Twenty Questions. By narrowing down things logically, you'll come to the answer.

I saw her in person over the summer. There was no one going around beforehand gathering any information. She basically talked for a few minutes on stage about what she does and her background and then went out into the audience and did random readings for just about 2 hrs nonstop. I think if you went there as a skeptic you'd be inclined to believe by the time you left. It was pretty amazing to watch.

How do you know there wasn't a cohort gathering information? They're good, or they wouldn't be making money.

He's right. So, my husband and I have a word, no one else knows it. If one of us passes, then we'll know if the other one "comes through." I also have a few things with my my grandfather, so I will know if it is him and he has passed away.

If it's 'rosebud' I'd reconsider. ;)

How do you know there wasn't a cohort gathering information? They're good, or they wouldn't be making money.

If it's 'rosebud' I'd reconsider. ;)

My cousin was murdered in the 80's. His room mate shot him and without trying to be too graphic, hid his body in many places. A medium worked with the police and found him in the places where he was laid to rest.

This person not only brought closure for my Aunt and Uncle, but allowed them to bury their son. She knew nothing of the family and or my cousin. Trust me she was the real deal.

You don't have to believe and that's okay. You can even provide your proof as to how they are not real. The problem you may have is real life readings like mine where a medium changed the course of our lives do exist.

My cousin was murdered in the 80's. His room mate shot him and without trying to be too graphic, hid his body in many places. A medium worked with the police and found him in the places where he was laid to rest.

This person not only brought closure for my Aunt and Uncle, but allowed them to bury their son. She knew nothing of the family and or my cousin. Trust me she was the real deal.

You don't have to believe and that's okay. You can even provide your proof as to how they are not real. The problem you may have is real life readings like mine where a medium changed the course of our lives do exist.

I am so very sorry for your family's loss. Glad that someone legit was ablw to help bring some closure and your cousin could be laid to rest.

I am so very sorry for your family's loss. Glad that someone legit was able to help bring some closure and your cousin could be laid to rest.

Thank you. It was a long time ago and I was younger and did not totally understand everything that was happening. I am forever grateful that my Aunt and Uncle did get closure and that he was not a cold case.

Many many years ago we had the Amazing Kreskin at our company's convention-I was really impressed with him

The most amazing thing is someone opened a phone book randomly picked a nam and he guessed it

Here comes the crazy...

When I lived in a old house on Long Island it felt like a transition place for spirits. I had some weird "dreams" happen in that house. I have mentioned the one that freaked out my DH for years. I woke middle of the night scared to death. I actually woke up screaming. In my "dream" there was a boy being chased by the police. Up behind buildings- into alleys- up onto a roof. Where the boy gets shot. Then cop plants a knife on boy- says machete but to me it didn't look like one I had vision of a straight long blade- I always thought they were curved? Felt the boy telling me he was framed it wasn't him... ect.... After he was shot in my dream. In other words it was like a movie I was watching and then it was him talking to me after.

But anyway I was so upset and my screaming woke up DH. I told him the story. He told me just a nightmare go back to sleep.

In the morning he wakes me yelling. He was watching the news. The story I had told him during the night had happened that night. With a boy being shot on the roof after Police saw him with a machete. And they show it- long straight blade like what I "saw" in my dream. I wanted to call his mother but thought how nuts I would look. Eventually, they investigated the incident and it was determined that the boy wasn't carrying the machete.

CRAZY!!! Freaked me out.

I had other things happen after that. Lots of them. It got to the point that I did actually want it all to stop. I started watching all those on TV people and heard Sylvia whatever tell someone to just tell them to stop and go away that you don't want them anymore. So I did- and it stopped. Never had anything like that happen again.

It was scary. It was random. Which is why I find it amazing that someone could get it all the way she does. But I think it's possible.

Mileage varies.

I think it's pretty reprehensible to profit off grief and desperation. They're bad, bad people imo.

If someone wants to see how it's done, there's likely video of the Amazing Randi doing it someplace. I think one of them who took his challenge too, but then ran away or whatever.

That is how I feel too, but I'm torn. I know someone who has had a very hard time with losing their parent. She wants to go and see this woman, even knowing her chances of being picked are slim. If this is what she needs to bring closure to her grief, and she is willing to pay for it, why is it reprehensible for someone to profit from it? There is a part of me that is disgusted that there are people out there who take advantage of people's pain. OTOH, they do give them a "service" whether or not its true, if the person believes and it helps them it is a good thing.
Companies profit from deceit all the time, otherwise the cosmetic industry wouldn't be a billion dollar one :laughing:

Count me in as a crier, too. I got back from a disney trip a couple weeks ago feeling blue. I sat down and watched 2 hours on demand, and sobbed. Lol!

I like her, but I liked john edwards, too.

Same here!! I saw John Edward a few years ago. Didn't get read but two ladies right behind us did. They were very emotional but we talked to them after and they said there was no way he could have known what he did. It was pretty amazing!

I saw a medium about six years ago at a charity event. It was only a half hour reading and this woman was spot on! My grandmother came through and she told me things about my family that no one would have known....details. She talked about my fathers unconventional upbringing, she talked about a vision I had of my grandmother 6 months after she passed, she actually said the nickname that my grandmother used to call my brother. She told me that my grandmother wanted me to know that even though I always thought my brother was her favorite, she loved us all the same. I was floored!!!!!

I think anyone can claim that they are "psychics" saying stuff like "I see a change in your life" or "You're going to get very good news in the next few weeks." Anyone can do that. But to give actual details about someone's past that no one else could know, to me, is a gift.

Here comes the crazy...

When I lived in a old house on Long Island it felt like a transition place for spirits. I had some weird "dreams" happen in that house. I have mentioned the one that freaked out my DH for years. I woke middle of the night scared to death. I actually woke up screaming. In my "dream" there was a boy being chased by the police. Up behind buildings- into alleys- up onto a roof. Where the boy gets shot. Then cop plants a knife on boy- says machete but to me it didn't look like one I had vision of a straight long blade- I always thought they were curved? Felt the boy telling me he was framed it wasn't him... ect.... After he was shot in my dream. In other words it was like a movie I was watching and then it was him talking to me after.

But anyway I was so upset and my screaming woke up DH. I told him the story. He told me just a nightmare go back to sleep.

In the morning he wakes me yelling. He was watching the news. The story I had told him during the night had happened that night. With a boy being shot on the roof after Police saw him with a machete. And they show it- long straight blade like what I "saw" in my dream. I wanted to call his mother but thought how nuts I would look. Eventually, they investigated the incident and it was determined that the boy wasn't carrying the machete.

CRAZY!!! Freaked me out.

I had other things happen after that. Lots of them. It got to the point that I did actually want it all to stop. I started watching all those on TV people and heard Sylvia whatever tell someone to just tell them to stop and go away that you don't want them anymore. So I did- and it stopped. Never had anything like that happen again.

It was scary. It was random. Which is why I find it amazing that someone could get it all the way she does. But I think it's possible.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is an amazing story and I can totally see why it freaked you out!!!!!

I watch her show as well, and I'm usually moved to tears...ok, not sobbing, but a few tears down my cheeks. I would want to be read by Theresa, mostly because I have (what I think) is a very unusual situation that I have questions about. If she could bring information to me, then I would know for sure.

That is how I feel too, but I'm torn. I know someone who has had a very hard time with losing their parent. She wants to go and see this woman, even knowing her chances of being picked are slim. If this is what she needs to bring closure to her grief, and she is willing to pay for it, why is it reprehensible for someone to profit from it? There is a part of me that is disgusted that there are people out there who take advantage of people's pain. OTOH, they do give them a "service" whether or not its true, if the person believes and it helps them it is a good thing.
Companies profit from deceit all the time, otherwise the cosmetic industry wouldn't be a billion dollar one :laughing:

Cosmetics industry isn't, by and large, deceiving their customers though (not counting the 'our product is best' type stuff that everything from crackers to makeup to cars engage in). They're helping their customers deceive other people, heh.

I think there's a difference between that, or between 'this deodorant will make you sexy,' and 'pay me money and I'll tell you what your dead grandmother wants you to know.'

Here comes the crazy...

CRAZY!!! Freaked me out.

I have had stuff like this happen to me too!

Cornflake, not for nothin, cause I like Teresa, but you're giving her far too much credit for being clever. She's a sweet lady, but she ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer if you know what I mean. ;) Investigating the audience ahead of time? Dreaming up elaborate connections and deceptions? :lmao: Uh uh. I don't think so. Not this lady. She's primarily concerned with her hair and nails, and if a spirit comes along now and then, well great. I'd say if anyone's the real deal, it's her.

Cornflake, not for nothin, cause I like Teresa, but you're giving her far too much credit for being clever. She's a sweet lady, but she ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer if you know what I mean. ;) Investigating the audience ahead of time? Dreaming up elaborate connections and deceptions? :lmao: Uh uh. I don't think so. Not this lady. She's primarily concerned with her hair and nails, and if a spirit comes along now and then, well great. I'd say if anyone's the real deal, it's her.

I agree. I love her personality and I love that she sometimes shows emotions when she's doing readings. Did you see the one with the little boy the other night. Good Lord, I was a hot mess watching that!!

It's fine if you don't believe in it and think it's fake but why pick apart every post. Some people find this stuff comforting. I totally believe in it and I believe in signs from loved ones.

I am the world biggest skeptic of things like this. I don't believe in ghosts even. I guess I have to see for myself. BUT, I find Teresa fascinating. Who knows what they do with editing, like most reality shows, but her readings are very believable. I would have to experience a reading myself to determine if I think she is 100% for real.

I watch and find her funny. I don't know how much of it is real. But two of my friends believe that it is the devil talking to her, not people who have passed. I have no need to connect with family or friends who have died. I know they are at rest and I will be reunited with them eventually. While the death of a loved one is never easy, I believe they see what happens to us here in the present, and they rejoice with us in our happy times and grieve with us in our sad times.

It's cold reading, it takes certain skills, but not incredible intellect or anything. The audience cohorts are pretty standard for anyone gets big enough to have entire audiences.

As to 'she's just a simple housewife who couldn't come up with that crazy stuff!' I'm sure that'd be what someone who did this would want people to think about them. If she's just a simple housewife, etc., seems strange she'd come up with a scheme to charge people for this "service" and get the word out by approaching strangers. Schtick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter