List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I hold out hope for June1, they could be using June as a test run, and then be pretty much back to normal in July. That's why July's not seeing caps and inviting people to come, and June's closed off after a limited number. Or that the June cap is much smaller than the July one.

I think its alot simpler than that. Disney has terrible financials coming and the analysts (JP Morgan, Citi, Wells Fargo etc) all the people on the quarterly earnings calls all want to know the advanced bookings numbers Disney does NOT want to empty all of June out or close July! The analysts will really increase their estimates for disney debts if its clear they wont open in June or even a possibility July wont happen. They are worried about the stock price and don't want to do that until the last minute. Also its a crazy situation and they are just praying they can open something soon so they are as clueless as any of us. They do not want to lower the stock price until the last possible second to not cause panic. They are going to allow July bookings, they have too or the stock market would panic.

I can't see any possibility they are at normal capacity in July. Best case one park is open with limited capacity.

Again, glad so many with nothing at stake feel so free to mock those who are holding out hope for their vacations.
I understand the stress and frustration, believe me. I've rescheduled a certain trip 3 times now, and am not looking forward to round 4. 🤦‍♂️

That said, June is almost definitely not happening. Mid July *maybe* for Magic Kingdom, but that's up in the air at this point. I know what's been said, what's been rumored, etc. But hang in there.. We'll be back soon enough!

I talked to a CM on the phone a little over an hour ago. I realized that somehow the system or I had messed up my oldest daughter’s age for our vacation package reservation. It wouldn’t let me modify on MDE so I called Disney. The CM was very kind but told me there was absolutely nothing she could do to change the age in the reservation right now. She said, “they haven’t sent any cancellation emails yet for June 1st.” Immediately I started asking if she knew If they would or what information she had. She just said, “We are hoping to be open for your reservation dates!” She was very kind about it all, but her tone did not sound hopeful for my dates. But from how she talked it definitely sounded like all hope is not lost for June. Now I’m wishing I didn’t book for June 1-7 and had tried for the middle of June instead. Still hoping that they open, but I’m trying to prepare myself for the disappointment if they don’t. Had just watched the Dis Unplugged today and gotten really excited that it could happen.
We talked to the guest services manager in charge of the phone employees yesterday and were told they only receive information on closings, announcements, etc. literally five to ten minutes before they go public. So I would try not to spend too much thought reading into her tone - she’s likely feeling the same way as you. Hoping no more cancellations happen...but being aware that there’s still a pandemic happening and there is reason to worry.

The big question is logistics. What are they doing behind the scenes that no one is noticing and how long does it take to implement? Almost nothing leaked about Shanghai yet they managed to get masks stocked, distancing signs on the ground, etc. They allowed shipments back into DS 14 days before opening. If restocking takes that long for third party restaurants, that’s this Sunday for June 1. How about scheduling CM’s and training? What’s amazing is how quiet they seem to be on all these things without leaks. If they know they need signs for the ground for distancing like the entrance to Shanghai, are those ordered and delivered, waiting to be installed? Have they ordered masks for CM’s? Some of this seems to be a given regardless of when they open. So even if these things leaked it doesn’t say much. But some things will be hard to hide when they go to ramp up. DS had deliver signs and the parking garage open 6 days before they announced an opening date.

I have just checked MDE and the online check in option for my July stay seems to have completely vanished. A glitch or does anyone else have this?
.... and it is back. Phew 😅.

The big question is logistics. What are they doing behind the scenes that no one is noticing and how long does it take to implement? Almost nothing leaked about Shanghai yet they managed to get masks stocked, distancing signs on the ground, etc. They allowed shipments back into DS 14 days before opening. If restocking takes that long for third party restaurants, that’s this Sunday for June 1. How about scheduling CM’s and training? What’s amazing is how quiet they seem to be on all these things without leaks. If they know they need signs for the ground for distancing like the entrance to Shanghai, are those ordered and delivered, waiting to be installed? Have they ordered masks for CM’s? Some of this seems to be a given regardless of when they open. So even if these things leaked it doesn’t say much. But some things will be hard to hide when they go to ramp up. DS had deliver signs and the parking garage open 6 days before they announced an opening date.
I think for clues we look at CM schedules, that will be probably our big indication'
As for behind the scenes stuff, that all could be happening right now, the roads at WDW are open for anyone to drive around so, trucks on the road is not a weird thing to see, the other day I was driving past the maintenance entrance to DHS and saw 4 huge trucks that said something like upholstery and carpeting going in, I didn't see anything odd about that or worth reporting cause maintenance is still working.
For food restocking, they can't really get big shipments on perishable items way ahead of time and the non perishable, including toilet paper and cleaners, they probably have in stock from when they closed, when they closed they had the property very close to 100% capacity, they were stocked up then
As for new signs being made, think about it, do we ever have leaks on new popcorn bucket designs or pins? their NDA has to be very strong. And just to put those on the ground and add tape to queues and streets takes less than a day

Last edited:
I'm nervous for all the June trips here. I have a July 17th trip planned and i'm even nervous about that. My wife keeps telling me to stop looking on here but I cant. Are there any meds I could take to cure me of this addiction? LOL

I have had a June 7-11 trip booked since last year. I 95% gave up hope a few days ago & booked a backup trip for July 17-21. Now I’m thinking we’ll probably not end up going until January (due to school schedules). There is no cure-we’re all hopelessly addicted! 😂

I'm nervous for all the June trips here. I have a July 17th trip planned and i'm even nervous about that. My wife keeps telling me to stop looking on here but I cant. Are there any meds I could take to cure me of this addiction? LOL
Lol, let me know if you find them! Cuz I need some too! I’ve been a basket case riding this rollercoaster for our July trip as well. Unfortunately my beloved Dis forums here have become a train wreck (you can’t look away) in the absence of tangible info from Disney itself.

Lol, let me know if you find them! Cuz I need some too! I’ve been a basket case riding this rollercoaster for our July trip as well. Unfortunately my beloved Dis forums here have become a train wreck (you can’t look away) in the absence of tangible info from Disney itself.
Its been a fun ride but I cant wait to get off and walk through the gift shop.

I am booked 6/21-6/27 and so eager to know if they're sending cancellations or not today/tomorrow. Fingers crossed for everyone's June trips! Just like everyone else I've been addicted to disboards too lol.
Also, just curious for those of you that haven't met your pay in full date yet, are you planning on paying in full and waiting it out to see if you get cancelled? My final payment is due next week.

I am booked 6/21-6/27 and so eager to know if they're sending cancellations or not today/tomorrow. Fingers crossed for everyone's June trips! Just like everyone else I've been addicted to disboards too lol.
Also, just curious for those of you that haven't met your pay in full date yet, are you planning on paying in full and waiting it out to see if you get cancelled? My final payment is due next week.
I thought I heard that Disney changed the Paid in Full date to 7 days before trip?

I received an e-mail today reminding me that my final payment in full is due on Friday (Booked June 12-19 at POP).....I have been holding out hope for June NOT being cancelled, and for a special deal to be announced for June dates that had to be cancelled, but I am worried that Disney will cancel it automatically if I DON'T buck up on Friday. At this point, I'm really not EXPECTING to go in June - I am more concerned about the special events we have lined up - Keys to the Kingdom, Hoop de Do and a few others because I don't want to have to call and be on hold for ever and ever to cancel them! I'd rather just get the e-mail saying they've been cancelled and your refund is on the way . . ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter