Lisa & Dave's PJ: Home Wedding 8/2/09-MORE WEDDING PHOTOS!!

Which flower colors/options do you like best? (see photos at bottom of page)

• Light to Medium pinks with blue hydrangeas

• Light to Dark pinks

• Dark pinks/magentas with some cornflowers & gerbera daises

• No pink - pick another color

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ok so I think I have decided to leave the blue out of the flowers and do all pinks bc I found a bouquet on my florists' website that I absolutely love! The funny part is I looked at it several times but I was so focused on having blue in the flowers I didn't pay much attention. They did these for a small sunday wedding recently. So I think I will have him do this or something just like it:

3583405744_e238d89a5e_o.jpg

3582596349_eafc0755fa_o.jpg

Here is what the colors look like photoshopped next to the cornflower blue:

3583439656_487dae1fec.jpg

And here is a video of the flowers on you tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjoyPhBF_Ag&feature=channel

The only catch is that I may have to leave out the calla lilies if they are going to make the bouquet cost more. But I will be talking with the florist in a few weeks and i can see then if he can do the bouquet like this or if we would need to make modifications to fit my budget.

So as I mentioned before, we have been wanting to get married for a few years now. And pretty much from the get go I had decided I wanted a 'when you wish upon a star theme'. Of course, the crazy planner I am, I started looking into star themed stuff for the wedding almost right away.

I was looking online at things remembered and I saw these beautiful star shaped boxes for about $40 each that would be great as bridesmaids gifts. I kept wanting to get theme but money was tight and we had to postpone our wedding bc of finances. I knew I was not going to be able to ge them so I figured I would just need to find something later on. Well about 7 or 8 months ago I saw that they had new star boxes that were just as beautiful. However at the time I was working as a temp and so we couldn't shell out the $200 bucks for them.

I kept checking back to see if they were still selling them bc I knew I really wanted them. Well about 2 months ago I got hired on full time and got a great pay increase. So I checked back up on the boxes and I was shocked!! They had them on clearance for $10 each!! On top of that, I got a discount shipping code and in the end I paid $45 for 4 of these boxes!! I could not believe it! What luck is that?! I was originally going to have 4 bridesmaids in my wedding but we have made it a much smaller wedding than originally planned and moved the date up so now I just have 2. However, since I have 2 flower girls, I will make those the flower girl gifts as well.

The boxes have some light blue crystals on them (which is perfect since blue is one of my colors) and they come with a little pouch of silver stones that say "Make a wish", "Love", "Hope", "Peace", and "Dreams". (The boxes were sponsored by the Make a Wish Foundation and some of the proceeds from teh purchase of the boxes went to the foundation). The center has a silver star which I will have engraved with their names. Here are the boxes and the stones:

3552968970_03d52fb3ee.jpg

3552969270_8d863f4e2d.jpg

3583113285_dd53be8720.jpg

3583921392_0b75f1659e.jpg

3583113551_02d7505b47.jpg

Since I got the boxes so inexpensively, I wanted to get them a nice necklace to go with it. I decided to stop in Macy's one day when I was at the mall with my mother and we found these beautiful star necklaces. They are sterling silver with Cubic Zirconia. They were originally $80 each and I got them for around $30 each! I was going to try to put them in the boxes some how. However, the sales women gave me two really nice black velor boxes to put them in. So I have to decide if I want to try to find something really small to put the necklaces in to put them in the boxes or if I should give the boxes and necklaces separate. If I do them separate I thought I could put the black box in one of those mesh pouches and put some star confetti in with the box and mesh bag. I do like the way they look in the black boxes. I think it shows the necklaces off very nicely.

Here are pictures of the necklaces and how they look in the black box:

3552971450_45a0b9e190.jpg

3552971722_5d88a2496e.jpg

Any thoughts on whether I should give the box and necklace separately or try to work them into the boxes some how so everything is together?

So a quick update - I decided that I hate my invitations and I should have done my own to begin with. So after much time and money wasted I have created by own design and I am getting prices from a local printer. If all else fails I will print them myself. For some reason the color is coming out aqua in the jpeg file of my invitation but it should be close to cornflower blue. Here is the design I did:

3611372023_94f38fbf79.jpg

You can't see the edges on the white part but basically the bottom portion will be all white

I love those star boxes!!! I wish I would've caught those on sale! I think I'd give the boxes and necklaces separately if the necklace came with such a nice box.

And your invites are awesome! I've become a big cheerleader for "if you do it yourself, you get exactly what you want!" Everything your doing is coming out so nicely, I can't wait for your wedding! :hug:

Just read through your PJ so far. Everything looks great! You are getting married the day after me!!!! It's coming up fast!!! OH, and by the way, we have the same shoes!!! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more!!!:surfweb:

I love those star boxes!!! I wish I would've caught those on sale! I think I'd give the boxes and necklaces separately if the necklace came with such a nice box.

And your invites are awesome! I've become a big cheerleader for "if you do it yourself, you get exactly what you want!" Everything your doing is coming out so nicely, I can't wait for your wedding! :hug:

I actually meant to post the deal I got on the wedding boards as a suggestion to other brides, but but I totally forgot bc I was so busy at the time!

I love your invitations by the way! I saw yours and a few others and I was decided to just go for it and make my own, and unfortunately will toss the other ones.

Hi Lisa,
I love the flowers and the star boxes!!! You're doing a great job with everything!! When Kori gets married, I'll have to get you to help me with her wedding. When Wendi got married, we also threw out the first invitations and reordered new ones that were so much nicer. What a waste of money. But it was worth it to have the invitations that we really wanted. I'll talk to you soon!!
Joan

Hi Lisa,
I love the flowers and the star boxes!!! You're doing a great job with everything!! When Kori gets married, I'll have to get you to help me with her wedding. When Wendi got married, we also threw out the first invitations and reordered new ones that were so much nicer. What a waste of money. But it was worth it to have the invitations that we really wanted. I'll talk to you soon!!
Joan

thanks - I found a printer in Media who is going to print my invitations for a decent price. I really didn't want to be a waste and through out the first ones but I was soooo unhappy with them I realized. I think they should turn out really nice. I should be getting them on Monday and then I will have to quickly mail them out on Tuesday. But I have envelopes so I can start getting those ready in the meantime.

I love your web page. What a great way to keep friends/family informed. I think your choice on the star boxs was spot on. I would love that as a bridesmaids gift. Your girls are lucky.

Hi Lisa!
Just getting caught with my DIS reading. Love your plans so far, what great ideas! Your flower choice is beautiful, and I love the star boxes and star necklaces, what a memorable theme....:goodvibes
Anita

I love your web page. What a great way to keep friends/family informed. I think your choice on the star boxs was spot on. I would love that as a bridesmaids gift. Your girls are lucky.

Thanks, I fell in love with wedding window when I saw all the options they had to customize things! I was just down right lucky to be able to get those boxes on sale too! It just kinda worked out to m advantage :)

Hi Lisa!
Just getting caught with my DIS reading. Love your plans so far, what great ideas! Your flower choice is beautiful, and I love the star boxes and star necklaces, what a memorable theme....:goodvibes
Anita

Thanks :) I am very excited about our theme - I thought it was Disney but in a subdued way. Unfortunately there is only one other person there that shares our great love for Disney so we decided not to go too over the top. But I think it will be great and magical :wizard:

I love your wedding plans, you're getting so close! I think the last flowers look lovely and your dress is gorgeous!

The boxes are really cute. All your plans look great!

Ok so I have some updates this week. Let's start off with the family drama 6 weeks before my wedding.

Let me start by mentioning that my family had the unfortunate experience last year of the death of my aunt Susan (my mother's only sibling) who battled with colon cancer for about 5 years. She was only 50 years old. I have to preface this story by saying that she was a wonderful woman and the nicest person in the world. Unfortunately, her husband (my "uncle") was not. He always bossed her around and then sat on the couch and watched TV when he got home while she cooked, cleaned and took care of the kids. When she passed away he held the funeral on a Friday instead of a Saturday so he could save $300 and get right back to work on Saturday. Well he didn't shed a tear at the funeral, but he did feel sensitive enough to take a whole day off work to "mourn". Oh and did I mentioned that 2 weeks before she died she got in 2 car accidents within a few days and in her poor health he handed her a broom to clean? Also he didn't want to tell his 3 children that their mother was dying so the oldest moved away to Ohio only to be shocked that his mother died not long after.

Fast forward about 7 or 8 months. Uncle Lou gets a girlfriend already in widowed grief group. I am all for moving on, but ugh!

Fast forward a few more months to this past week - it was the one year anniversary of her death last week. And for some reason my cousin her oldest son chose that week to get married - and they did not have a wedding date before my Aunt passed. We thought that was weird but everything just got weirder the day of the wedding. Weird and frustrating stuff that happened:

1. They light a candle and gave cancer bracelets out and made a donation to charity in honor of my aunt - that was very nice.

2. During the ceremony my uncles girlfriend walked down the aisle where it would have been my aunt! (They have only been dating for like 4 months!) After the ceremony she was then gathering the wedding party and the grandmothers for pictures like she was running the show - ugh

3. They had a small wedding of about 50 people and only 6 tables, however it was a long and narrow room. I knew there was going to be drama when I found our table because me & DF, my brother, mother, father and grandmother were all the way in the back of the room at a small table in the corner where we couldn't see anything and were sitting with two of the MOB's friends whom we never met.

That is when the drama really started. My mother was so insulted and upset, I had to take her outside and she was crying more that when my aunt had died probably. She was mainly furious that they put my 80 year old grandmother back there who still lives down the street from my uncle and cooks and cleans for him and my youngest cousin. And of course she was mad for herself because they are my aunt's only family. And finally me and my brother were back there - the only cousins. Meanwhile all my uncles friends and their friends were up front or at least in front of us and his girlfriend was at the table with him up front. I had to keep my mom calm bc she really wanted to go off on someone...but as wrong as it was, we didn't want to ruin their wedding.

Unfortunately, it was hard for any of us to truly have a good time after that. We sucked it up, stayed for a few hours and left (we couldn't see or hear anything anyway). Also my cousin and his now wife stopped by our table for like one minute even though they had been to all the other tables already and their was only 50 people. We didn't see or talk to them the rest of the time. And no one said anything about us being back there. In fact the only person that came up to us was my youngest cousin who kept coming back to hang out with us. My uncle stopped back once and one other person for 2 seconds. No one else bothered to come back and the MOB did not say one word to us or even acknowledge us.

We were so upset because it felt like they were trying to show they cared with the lighting of the candle and the donation, but in the end it seemed all for show because they didn't even put my grandmother at least with them. It was like they forgot about us with the passing of my Aunt. Actually I was so upset that I got physically sick in the middle of the night from all the stress of the day that built up and had to call in sick to work the next day on monday because I was still sick and upset.

The next day my mother called my uncle to see what happened and he said that the seating got messed up - even though he still couldn't explain it after calling the MOB. My mother said some words and expletives that I never thought I would hear come out of her mouth and then she hung up on him.

Now I am concerned about people getting upset at my wedding in 6 weeks. My cousin is on his honeymoon so I don't think he knows how upset my mom is. I mailed all the invitations out this week except for my cousin's and his now wife and my uncle's because we were considering not inviting them after the way my uncle talked to my mother. But the issue is that my youngest cousin of 16 is in my wedding party and we don't want to ruin things for her. Plus Dave and I want to honor my Aunt and do what she would want and invite them. We ultimately want to take the high road and be the better people about it.

I still may call my cousin when he gets back so he knows what happened and perhaps get an answer for my mom on why they were back there to put her at ease a bit more.

Anyway that is my long winded story. I am still upset bc I feel like the memory of my Aunt was tarnished this week and not truly respected.

On a side but related note....Dave and I have decided definitely that we are going to donate to charity instead of favors in honor of my Aunt, probably to give Kids the World since we really like the charity. I was worried about upsetting her husband and kids by doing that but we had considered it for a while and now I just don't care - I am going to make sure that my Aunt is honored in a way that I want and that we keep her memory alive and make sure she is there in spirit.

I'm so sorry to hear about your family. That's awful that they did that on the anniversary of your aunt's death. It sounds like they are all full of themselves and don't care about anyone else. It just sucks. I don't understand why people have to be that way.

I think your plans sound good, hopefully they do not cause any more trouble for you, especially since your cousin is in your wedding. I love that you are doing a donation, that's a great idea and you can honor your aunt, the way she should have been in the first place.

:hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about your family. That's awful that they did that on the anniversary of your aunt's death. It sounds like they are all full of themselves and don't care about anyone else. It just sucks. I don't understand why people have to be that way.

I think your plans sound good, hopefully they do not cause any more trouble for you, especially since your cousin is in your wedding. I love that you are doing a donation, that's a great idea and you can honor your aunt, the way she should have been in the first place.

:hug:

yea it was a yucky situation - they didn't do it on the actual anniversary of her death but they did it like 5 days after - just a weird week to pick

also we had decided early on that rather than toast from champagne glasses, we are toasting from some martini glasses she got us for one of our last Christmases together - they have engagement rings on them - here is the pic i took of them:

3640506650_a6bd6d8e76.jpg

Also we put up a dedication page to her on our wedding website a few weeks ago:

http://daveandlisaswedding.weddingwindow.com/indx.cfm

yea it was a yucky situation - they didn't do it on the actual anniversary of her death but they did it like 5 days after - just a weird week to pick

also we had decided early on that rather than toast from champagne glasses, we are toasting from some martini glasses she got us for one of our last Christmases together - they have engagement rings on them - here is the pic i took of them:

3640506650_a6bd6d8e76.jpg

Also we put up a dedication page to her on our wedding website a few weeks ago:

http://daveandlisaswedding.weddingwindow.com/indx.cfm

I love those martini glasses!

I am sorry to hear about your family drama. I hope all goes well at your wedding. Also I love the martini glasses they are so cute!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter