Limited Time Magic ..... just a huge disappointment!

I think that while some of the promos are lame, Disney doesn't NEED to do "big, wow, etc" at every turn. Why can't going there for vacation be the big, wow moment?

It's DISNEY'S promo. If they didn't want a different wow moment each week of the year, they shouldn't have promoted it as such. Being able to buy a hat isn't a "magical moment." Their marketing department really fell down on this one.

I'm still waiting for those who are dissatisfied -- and certain they could do better -- to post their awesome ideas on this other DIS thread by DisneyDreamer2325... :hourglass :)

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3058262

I never saw that thread since it is in the Theme Park Community board, and I don't ever look at that. If it was on the main Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies boards, it would probably have pages of responses. Anyway, here are the ideas I posted there with very little thought. If I took more time, I'm sure I could come up with more.

"Re-open" each of the former clubs from Pleasure Island for a week (Adventurer's Club probably would need multiple weeks).

"Celebrate" a different classic Disney movie for a week. This could include meet & greets, as well as appearances in parades and shows by characters from the particular "movie of the week", the obligitory merchandising push, showing that movie at the resorts that show movies, and I'm sure they can come up with more ideas around each movie. This could easily occupy 20-30 weeks.

A lot of people seemed to really like the "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion. I did not visit during that promo so I can't speak about it first-hand, but since it was so well-received, they could revive the basic premise for several weeks throughout the year. It would need a different name, so they can call them "Random Acts of Magic Weeks" or something.

"Re-open" each of the former clubs from Pleasure Island for a week (Adventurer's Club probably would need multiple weeks).

if they did this regarding AC, it would have to be in a different venue as the original building has been gutted. Could be done in a theater in a park (like they do with the Holiday Comedy Warehouse at DHS) or a resort convention center, it's been done before for conventions. They don't seem to be doing anything for Limited Magic that would cost a whole lot. Most of the AC actors still work at WDW but doing this would likely mean paying them overtime? Not sure about that one.

mcd2745 said:
I never saw that thread since it is in the Theme Park Community board, and I don't ever look at that. If it was on the main Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies boards, it would probably have pages of responses. Anyway, here are the ideas I posted there with very little thought. If I took more time, I'm sure I could come up with more.

I believe it was moved (could be wrong) -- I am seldom on the community board -- was here for a while with few responses.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

if they did this regarding AC, it would have to be in a different venue as the original building has been gutted. Could be done in a theater in a park (like they do with the Holiday Comedy Warehouse at DHS) or a resort convention center, it's been done before for conventions. They don't seem to be doing anything for Limited Magic that would cost a whole lot. Most of the AC actors still work at WDW but doing this would likely mean paying them overtime? Not sure about that one.

Understood. That's why I put "re-open" in quotes. Preferrably though, they could use a location in the Parks and not a resort location. Isn't the old Wonders of Life pavilion used for "special events" maybe they would be able to use that or the theater in DHS like you said.

Another idea for LTM...they could do something similar to what they are doing at DLR with celebrating Chinese New Year's. WDW could use a week to celebrate each of the countries in World Showcase. They break out the booths they use during F&W for each of those countries offering special dishes and drinks during their respective weeks and have special performers from those countries.

It's really not difficult to come up with ideas for this. Clearly though, they are looking for things that are not going to cost any money at all.

mcd2745 said:
Clearly though, they are looking for things that are not going to cost any money at all.

Did they really spend that much on year of a million dreams? Doesn't strike me as an expensive promo. For all the great feedback that gets on DIS, we had two trips during that period and received NOTHING. Didn't care, mind you -- we don't go for whatever their annual promotion is. At least with LTM anyone can choose to participate in the promo going on at the time they visit.

This is all so subjective -- I'd personally much rather see rare characters or "snow" in Canada than have a pleasure island club reopened. If that was so popular with people, presumably they wouldn't be closed. And not that this is a bad idea -- just goes to show (the obvious) that Disney can't make everyone happy. :)

And I love that "Disney should have repeated their old, wildly successful promo" is being used against Disney here. LOL! "Disney, not ALL your ideas/promos are AWESOME -- IN MY PERSONAL OPINION -- I'm SOOOO disappointed!!!" I don't get it.

Did they really spend that much on year of a million dreams? Doesn't strike me as an expensive promo. For all the great feedback that gets on DIS, we had two trips during that period and received NOTHING. Didn't care, mind you -- we don't go for whatever their annual promotion is. At least with LTM anyone can choose to participate in the promo going on at the time they visit.

This is all so subjective -- I'd personally much rather see rare characters or "snow" in Canada than have a pleasure island club reopened. If that was so popular with people, presumably they wouldn't be closed. And not that this is a bad idea -- just goes to show (the obvious) that Disney can't make everyone happy. :)

And I love that "Disney should have repeated their old, wildly successful promo" is being used against Disney here. LOL! "Disney, not ALL your ideas/promos are AWESOME -- IN MY PERSONAL OPINION -- I'm SOOOO disappointed!!!" I don't get it.

I like the rare characters / long lost friends concept a lot. They should recycle that a few more times throughout the year. I also think most people (myself included) really like the idea for the villians week and would love to see that repeated more than once also.

I understand it's not always going to be something that everyone likes or has any interest in. But, I think people just would like to see inspired ideas - whether they like them or not - over things like logos and soup (unless it involves selling LeCellier's cheese soup at every stand in WDW :laughing: ).

The name is terrible... reminds me too much of "limited time offer", "limited time only", and "limited time warranty" which all make me think of a used car salesperson trying to sale me a lemon.

mcd2745 said:
I like the rare characters / long lost friends concept a lot. They should recycle that a few more times throughout the year. I also think most people (myself included) really like the idea for the villians week and would love to see that repeated more than once also.

I understand it's not always going to be something that everyone likes or has any interest in. But, I think people just would like to see inspired ideas - whether they like them or not - over things like logos and soup (unless it involves selling LeCellier's cheese soup at every stand in WDW :laughing: ).

I agree -- more character weeks, repeated, would be great -- and they may well do that! Some of the things that some are saying would be "so much better" as LTM weeks could well be planned -- LTM is WIDE OPEN as a promo theme. :)

And I would just say that one person's "inspired" is another person's "eh" -- also subjective! ;)

I like the rare characters / long lost friends concept a lot. They should recycle that a few more times....:laughing: ).

I AGREE!!!
SOOOOO Disappointed I can't round up a few of the "Faux Autograph cards" that were passed out by the CMs...Autistic son is really bummed not to have a chance to get those! :worried:
Hopefully they'll be around when we go this year. :rolleyes1

Did they really spend that much on year of a million dreams? Doesn't strike me as an expensive promo. For all the great feedback that gets on DIS, we had two trips during that period and received NOTHING. Didn't care, mind you -- we don't go for whatever their annual promotion is

Same here.....
We didn't think it was that great a promotion... we got nothing!
It didn't matter ..... but for once it would be nice if everyone got something! No matter how small.
(maybe not every person... but at least every family that stayed at a Disney resort or something like that)

Soup. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Was this a special soup that would give magical powers to its tasters or allow them to fly? :laughing:

I just can't get over soup as a promotion. I can just imagine my cousin in Kissimmee telling her family "I don't feel like cooking tonight. Let's go to Cosmic Ray's for dinner. They have soup! And only for a few days!" :rotfl2:

I agree with others, people shouldn't expect any "extras" when they go to WDW, but having special soups to celebrate the Super Bowl is just really, really lame.

Soup. :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Was this a special soup that would give magical powers to its tasters or allow them to fly? :laughing:

I just can't get over soup as a promotion. I can just imagine my cousin in Kissimmee telling her family "I don't feel like cooking tonight. Let's go to Cosmic Ray's for dinner. They have soup! And only for a few days!" :rotfl2:

I agree with others, people shouldn't expect any "extras" when they go to WDW, but having special soups to celebrate the Super Bowl is just really, really lame.

Lame! Best word to describe it, absolutely lame. They should rename it to Extremely limited and very LAME time magic... What's next? For the following week we will supplying all park bathrooms with double ply princess toilet paper and to top it off we will make the toilet water blue, as in Cinderella Blue... :rolleyes1

I have to laugh at the number of people who seem to think they would be able to come up with something better, within budget, and implement it.

I have to laugh at the number of people who seem to think they would be able to come up with something better, within budget, and implement it.

Its true - I'm sure its easier said than done. Still, they have had better ones :goodvibes. I think it would have been better to have one theme per month. The whole month of Feb. could have been "romance." They could have done lost friends for a whole month. And almost any one of us here on the Dis Boards could have come up with a better name :). This promotion seems like an after thought which is unfathomable.

Its true - I'm sure its easier said than done. Still, they have had better ones :goodvibes. I think it would have been better to have one theme per month. The whole month of Feb. could have been "romance." They could have done lost friends for a whole month. And almost any one of us here on the Dis Boards could have come up with a better name :). This promotion seems like an after thought which is unfathomable.

They have had better ones. I will admit to that. However, we don't know what decisions were made about this one. We don't know a budget. We don't know what they might have planned next year. We don't know any of the reasoning behind this.

What I am trying to say is that we are looking at this in a vacuum. As such, we can not make an educated and informed opinion about it. Yet so many here seem to think they could do better without knowing anything about the reasons behind the promotion.

They have had better ones. I will admit to that. However, we don't know what decisions were made about this one. We don't know a budget. We don't know what they might have planned next year. We don't know any of the reasoning behind this.

What I am trying to say is that we are looking at this in a vacuum. As such, we can not make an educated and informed opinion about it. Yet so many here seem to think they could do better without knowing anything about the reasons behind the promotion.

Its what we do best :rotfl:. But you're right - I'm sure there's a lot of stuff we don't know.

:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!