Limited Time Magic ..... just a huge disappointment!

I hate to say it but alot of people on these boards are major planners and plan almost every detail of their trip down to their potty breaks. God forbid they get a "limited time magic" week that they didn't want or get to plan for. I think some people just need to take a deep breath, be greatful that they even get to go to Disney, and be happy with what they get.

I don't care if they do something I want, I would just like to know what they are even going to do during my trip that is only two weeks away. If it's nothing I'm fine with that also. Just post some information.

texasteacher35 said:
I don't mind at all, I am glad they offer these little surprise things! If we book a vacation and we happen upon a week that something happens, awesome, if not, still awesome!!!!! :)

We feel the same way. I mean people are literally complaining they don't like the extra stuff! The Canada pavilion was amazing for our friends and their little one. Yet plenty of people couldn't wait to say how stupid it was to make it snow, and have the big cheese and co in their cute outfits. Can anyone hear how ungrateful and childish they sound? It's an Extra promotion! Idk to me it's just bizarre to complain about a lot of things people complain about on here. We practice daily gratitude in our family, and it's a beautiful thing.

We feel the same way. I mean people are literally complaining they don't like the extra stuff! The Canada pavilion was amazing for our friends and their little one. Yet plenty of people couldn't wait to say how stupid it was to make it snow, and have the big cheese and co in their cute outfits. Can anyone hear how ungrateful and childish they sound? It's an Extra promotion! Idk to me it's just bizarre to complain about a lot of things people complain about on here. We practice daily gratitude in our family, and it's a beautiful thing.

I agree with this.

Most of us planned our trips before the promotion was announced, and well before the actual weekly LTM.... it's just extra.

An extra sprinkling of pixie dust as I've heard it called.

princessallegra said:

I hear ya! I completely agree with you, too! I am super glad to be on my Disney Vacation and I am definitely not going to nit-pick! That would be miserable, and I am the opposite of that! I love my Disney vacations! They always turn out awesome!!

I'm sorry, but most of the time i have the rose colored glasses on, but this is really lame.

I think that Disney has created such an image of itself, being the best in customer satisfaction and all, that they are struggling to keep that image. Or, i guess i should say that they are resting on their laurels of the reputation they've achieved over the years, but slacking in so many ways now buy taking back things that used to be the norm back then, creating "special experiences" that at one time was the norm for them. Yet at the same time, increasing thier prices in so many areas and continuing to cut in many others.

For this reason, i can see everyone up in arms... it's not that people feel entitled, its that Disney is not holding up to the standards they once had.

Hunclemarco said:
I'm sorry, but most of the time i have the rose colored glasses on, but this is really lame.

I think that Disney has created such an image of itself, being the best in customer satisfaction and all, that they are struggling to keep that image. Or, i guess i should say that they are resting on their laurels of the reputation they've achieved over the years, but slacking in so many ways now buy taking back things that used to be the norm back then, creating "special experiences" that at one time was the norm for them. Yet at the same time, increasing thier prices in so many areas and continuing to cut in many others.

For this reason, i can see everyone up in arms... it's not that people feel entitled, its that Disney is not holding up to the standards they once had.

You're just adding more "reasoning" for ungrateful behavior. Stop it. You truly think this promotion is cause for "everyone" to be "up in arms"?

I am going a few weeks after the Valentine LTM and you know what, i'm happy that i can go and take my kids again and spend time with my family, bc let's face it, that is what a vacation is for.Not every family has the chance to go even once in their lifetime.

If your that upset that your not gonna get something extra on your vacation, then maybe Disney is not the parks for you any longer.

Please get over yourself and your self entitlement.

Sorry. So far I'm not grateful for anything WDW has offered in this highly hyped promotion (except maybe the long lost characters), not that I am required to be. Vote for a logo, geez. they could have done that without making it part of the promotion. It feels cheap.

If you're not interested in the offering you don't have to take part in it. I've been there for two and didn't take part in either (didn't vote for the logo either). But DISNEY created the high expectations.

If you're not interested in the offering you don't have to take part in it. I've been there for two and didn't take part in either (didn't vote for the logo either). But DISNEY created the high expectations.

:thumbsup2 This! Disney made such a huge deal about all these "limited" events but some of them are terrible. Most of the "limited edition ears" have been available in the past when the original released claimed they were limited release, never seen before :confused3 People have them already, some of them have been available FOR YEARS! :(

Perhaps "up in arms" was a bad phrase to use. And I am grateful for the opportunities we have in being there. If you look at the majority of my posts, they are all positive Disney. I was just stating a fact that many have noticed... That's all.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Disney_Princess83 said:
:thumbsup2 This! Disney made such a huge deal about all these "limited" events but some of them are terrible. Most of the "limited edition ears" have been available in the past when the original released claimed they were limited release, never seen before :confused3 People have them already, some of them have been available FOR YEARS! :(

All I hear is more whining and complaining that things aren't good enough. It's a good thing everyone has a different opinion! Some people actually like the ear hats. Some people actually like the other offerings, as I previously mentioned. If you don't like it, great. But the excess energy being used towards expressing disappointment in an extra promotion is just mind boggling to me.

All I hear is more whining and complaining that things aren't good enough. It's a good thing everyone has a different opinion! Some people actually like the ear hats. Some people actually like the other offerings, as I previously mentioned. If you don't like it, great. But the excess energy being used towards expressing disappointment in an extra promotion is just mind boggling to me.

The difference is, I like many of the ears. I would buy them if I saw them. Not because they are "limited edition" but simply because I like them. What I find disappointing and frustrating is that Disney made a huge deal about them being "limited edition", ears ONLY available at certain parks, ears only available for a short period each month when that is completely not true. :confused3 Why make it sound more than what it is?

"Year Of A Million Dreams" seems to have been a universally loved promotion. We were there that year and loved joking about whether this would be the day we finally got the tap on the shoulder to stay in the castle. I joked about how we needed to keep our bags organized so we could have them taken to the castle on a moment's notice. We loved looking around the parks for the Dream Squad. We never received a single thing during this promtion. No ears, no fastpasses, no night in the castle. But we still loved it. We still got to enjoy it.

I'm not a fan of Limited Time Magic even though the end result will likely be the same. Why? Because during the YOMD we could hope to be part of it, we could anticipate being part of it. With LTM all we get to do is sit back and hear about one thing after another we know with certainty we won't get to experience.

Would you be against Disney posting up a little more information about the events in a timely manner? Like I said, I'm less than 2 weeks out and there is nothing.

Would you be against Disney posting up a little more information about the events in a timely manner? Like I said, I'm less than 2 weeks out and there is nothing.

They have already posted the events for Feb....True Love Week - February 11-17, 2013

We were there Jan. 1-9, so first week it started - all we saw was the extended dance party at MK, which we have done before, and then my nephew was buying a cookie at a booth in AK and was told when he tried to pay, "you have just received a magical moment, no need to pay, enjoy!" But we saw no banners, signs, or mention of it anywhere in any parks - all their other promotions had some kind of signs all over so you knew it was a special promotion going on.

We love our Disney trips, and my nephew was ecstatic for that small piece of magic. I just agree that Disney should either not do any promotions or they should do them well. We had planned our trip 10 months in advance, so we go regardless of what Disney decides to have as a promotion.

They have already posted the events for Feb....True Love Week - February 11-17, 2013

See!? That's it!
Disney has been promoting "special events, etc" to take place every week!
And they have not delivered. They have in effect... lied!
People don't like being lied to or misled to believe things are going to happen and nothing does.
Disney did this..... :rolleyes:
we, as consumers, have a right to expect that if they are going to advertise it and promote it.... then it should happen.

I truely don't care if there is anything Limited happening when we go. We will have a special time no matter what because.... it is Disney World and it is Special without "Limited Whatever"!
But they can't advertise it then not deliver.

Imagine if you showed up at the Flower and Garden Festival one day and there were NO Flowers?? Pretty much the same idea..... :rolleyes: Not delivering what they promoted.

They did have an event this week. After the Superbowl MVP left they continued to do the football-themed pre-parade at MK for a couple of days. And Cosmic Rays will sell you some soup. This week only. Because it's winter, I guess.

True Love is next week and they just haven't released the rest of February yet. We don't know what it will be. But they did have a full week devoted to voting for next year's logo, so it could be something that doesn't take place in a park at all.

But they did have a full week devoted to voting for next year's logo, so it could be something that doesn't take place in a park at all.

Really??!!! :rotfl:
Something that doesn't take place in the park?? :rotfl:
Then why promote that it's Limited Magic at the Parks??

Back to my example of Flower & Garden......
Disney says "oh, here's your dandelion" :rolleyes2

Why should we be grateful for an 'extra promotion' when stuff like this used to be part of an everyday WDW experience? Why did Robin Hood and his gang become 'long lost' in the first place?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter