Let's Play "The Next Poster"...Disneyland style! Part 2

True-just last Friday.

TNP has a trip planned just to see the reworked ToonTown...
False. I rarely even go to ToonTown these days since my kids are all grown. It's very cute, though, and one of these days I'll go check out MMRR.

TNP wishes Disney had put in a railroad line or something that circled DCA.

TRUE!-As much as I love the Monorail, I would love to see a Train circle the entire resort footprint and have stops in DL, DCA, and the hotels. Impossible now, well incredibly costly and disruptive (maybe partially underground-hah) but would be so cool.

TNP preferred the Food and Wine booths all in the same general area and not so spread out through DCA.

TRUE!-As much as I love the Monorail, I would love to see a Train circle the entire resort footprint and have stops in DL, DCA, and the hotels. Impossible now, well incredibly costly and disruptive (maybe partially underground-hah) but would be so cool.

TNP preferred the Food and Wine booths all in the same general area and not so spread out through DCA.
FALSE--sort of. I've rarely made any purchases from the booths so I don't pay much attention to where they are except that I have been mildly annoyed when you can hardly squeeze through between the booths and lines of people waiting.

TNP has gone to Cal Expo in Sacramento just to see the old CALIFORNIA letters that used to be in front of DCA.

True! I did this a few years ago when I was nearby. I live fairly close to Cal Expo so I could technically do this more often 🤔

TNP has an opinion on which DLR corn dog is the best.

False-been a while since we got one, but I don't recall one standing out in front from a trip where we got one from Corn Dog Castle and Stagecoach.

TNP wished all the resort hotels had roof top dining for some amazing views (imagine fireworks packages).

False-been a while since we got one, but I don't recall one standing out in front from a trip where we got one from Corn Dog Castle and Stagecoach.

TNP wished all the resort hotels had roof top dining for some amazing views (imagine fireworks packages).
Oh, YES!! Or at least a top-floor restaurant with a view that wasn't part of a concierge booking.

TNP plans to go to DLR until they die.

Edited to clarify: not literally staying in the parks until dead, but keep going on trips to DLR as long as they are still able.

True-now that my Son is going to Grad School at UCI in September, both kids are within 30-45 minutes of the parks, so even more trips down to see them both and maybe a little more Disney.

TNP is ok skipping any line over 30 minutes, even for coffee.

True-now that my Son is going to Grad School at UCI in September, both kids are within 30-45 minutes of the parks, so even more trips down to see them both and maybe a little more Disney.

TNP is ok skipping any line over 30 minutes, even for coffee.
Absolutely. It's one of the perks of having an Inspire pass and going fairly often! And as much as I love Starbucks, it's not worth that long a wait to me.

My daughter just graduated from UCI and works at DL :)

TNP has at least one book about Disneyland.

True-on last trip in fact, have not processed all of those photos yet-but probably same cat I've seen before near the viewing glasses at Grizzly RR. This dude:

_18A7339_zpsdwfvaklc.jpg

TNP has seen other critters "in the wild" at the parks.

TNP has seen other critters "in the wild" at the parks.
True! I once experienced a squirrel race up my leg to steal food from my plate while eating at a former dining venue near the castle.

TNP has pulled their own expresso from the fancy new machines in the Star View Station. :coffee:

True! I once experienced a squirrel race up my leg to steal food from my plate while eating at a former dining venue near the castle.

TNP has pulled their own expresso from the fancy new machines in the Star View Station. :coffee:
False. I wasn't even aware it existed, so thank you for that! Love me some coffee.

TNP sometimes gets carried away talking Disneyland to strangers.

Semi-True-only in the parks though. I do have to refrain myself at times around people I know when something even remotely connected to Disney comes up in conversation.

TNP has already started putting together their Halloween costume.

Semi-True-only in the parks though. I do have to refrain myself at times around people I know when something even remotely connected to Disney comes up in conversation.

TNP has already started putting together their Halloween costume.
FALSE. Once upon a time, I used to plan far ahead for my Halloween party attire. But I haven't gone to the party since before Covid and I'm not sure if/when I'll go back. It sure was fun but I hear so much now about crowds in October and my girls are now 20, 20, and almost 23. One year I made outfits for the fam and we went as garden gnomes. Not exactly Disney, but fun!

TNP dislikes something that is considered a Disney favorite.

Attachments

• gnome family disney.jpg
    gnome family disney.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 2
True, sort of, and likely not alone on this, so not sure if this truly qualifies as a Disney favorite, but not a fan of It's A Small World. I will begrudgingly go on it with family, like once a year.

TNP has a routine they must adhere to when entering the parks, either first ride, first snack, or first shop.

True, sort of, and likely not alone on this, so not sure if this truly qualifies as a Disney favorite, but not a fan of It's A Small World. I will begrudgingly go on it with family, like once a year.

TNP has a routine they must adhere to when entering the parks, either first ride, first snack, or first shop.
Always go left. First ride varies, but we always, always go left.

TNP doesn't consider the train a ride.

Always go left. First ride varies, but we always, always go left.

TNP doesn't consider the train a ride.
False! It's one of the best rides and an absolutely indispensable part of DL! It serves so many functions; transportation, relaxation, leisure time for viewing parts of the park you wouldn't normally see, old-timey view of the Grand Canyon and prehistoric times, and it's a train! For those of us who are older, it can bring back old times, too.

I wish there was a way for more than one person to comment on each post. I'd love to see other people's thoughts on the various subjects raised!

TNP has tried to win Disney tickets.

False-I have never won any give aways-so stopped trying a long time ago.

TNP-get's the jitters when driving past Harbor Blvd, or Disney Way, or Katella, and must control the urge to exit the freeway. Moved our Son to Irvine this weekend and drove past Disney exits all weekend running errands and grabbing furniture, and sadly not once did we exit towards the parks.

True - It's happened to me every time since I was child. Heck, even driving by on 57 and looking for the top of the Matterhorn got me so excited haha. Now that I'm out of state, I can't just "drive by" and not make the turn into DLR when its *that* close - gotta take advantage when the opportunity arises!

TNP - Has never been on Tom Sawyer Island (I've only gone once!)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter