Let's Play "The Next Poster"...Disneyland style! Part 2

True-I too easily get annoyed at people who are in the perpetual slow lane in life but decide to stay in the fast lane.

TNP has Disney photos or memorabilia on their work desk.
True! I have a Pirates of the Caribbean mouse pad that I switch out with a made-to-order mousepad sporting various pics of my kids at DLR on it.

To be honest, in case you didn't figure it out from the fact that I use a desktop and mousepad, they are from several years ago. Those little girls dressed in princess outfits are now 22 and almost 20.

TNP is getting nervous about all the reported ride breakdowns and crowds.

False-experienced quite a bit of it last month, but we still had a great time. Still on the fence of a last-minute trip in a few weeks, but probably going to pass, dang.

TNP already has their Christmas shopping done thanks to Disney online.

HAHA-FALSE

TNP has multiple Disney ornaments for their Christmas tree (or display for whichever holiday they celebrate).
TRUE. I probably have about 2 dozen, half of those ornaments and half display pieces. My favorite is an old-fashioned style tapestry wall hanging that has tiny lights that come on. I have about 3 of the "purchase with purchase" throws they used to sell and several display pieces. Most of what I have was purchased for or by my daughters.

TNP thinks of Chapek's departure as an early Christmas present.

TRUE. I probably have about 2 dozen, half of those ornaments and half display pieces. My favorite is an old-fashioned style tapestry wall hanging that has tiny lights that come on. I have about 3 of the "purchase with purchase" throws they used to sell and several display pieces. Most of what I have was purchased for or by my daughters.

TNP thinks of Chapek's departure as an early Christmas present.
True. I'm not expecting miracles, but I think Iger has a better view of public perception and its importance to the company as a whole.

Also wanted to correct my answer to Elk Grove Chris; I have about 1 dozen Disney ornaments/display items for Christmas, not 2.

TNP has a favorite memory of Trader Sam's (at DLH).

TNP has a favorite memory of Trader Sam's (at DLH).
True! My friend had this brilliant idea to fly down to DLR from Sacramento for my birthday several years ago. Down on the first flight, back on the last. We got a $29 flight and we had APs. I had a bunch of birthday freebies--Rainforest, Patina group, etc--and a friend picked us up from SNA and went to the parks with us. We ended the day at TS's, and I maybe had one too many Zombies (which would be 2, but it's possible I had 3). I remember seeing a couple of cats in the bushes around TS's and remarking that I might end up in the bushes with the cats. Thanks to my friends, I made it home fine but the details of that are a bit sketchy. Apparently I took a lot of friend-selfies because my phone was full of them. Note: I am not much of a drinker but I sure cut loose that evening! Beware those tiki drinks, my friend!

Ever since, my friends and I often end a cautionary sentence with "...you could end up in the bushes with the cats" :laughing: :laughing:

TNP tends to overthink their trip planning, at least compared to others.

False-The reservation system has changed things for sure, but we are still pretty much let's go and just have fun and craft our day depending on who is with us. We always find a way to get some ressies for food in the parks, but that is getting a bit harder lately.

TNP is okay with a little rain during their park day.

False-The reservation system has changed things for sure, but we are still pretty much let's go and just have fun and craft our day depending on who is with us. We always find a way to get some ressies for food in the parks, but that is getting a bit harder lately.

TNP is okay with a little rain during their park day.
Yep, especially if it keeps everyone else away! This is us drenched at Epcot, rope dropping Remy's
20220116_090031(1).jpg

TNP has managed to snag a Disneyland candy cane at some point in their lives.

True-still have it, never opened from 2016 and lays on our mantle this time of year.

TNP has waited hours to see the Candlelight Processional.

True-still have it, never opened from 2016 and lays on our mantle this time of year.

TNP has waited hours to see the Candlelight Processional.
False. I've never seen it. I was invited to go once with a special ticket thingy where I'd get a seat, but I couldn't make it :(. My daughter was in the choir one year but had to drop shortly after rehearsals began because she was cast in a play.

TNP was afraid of the characters as a kid.

False-though I was 14 on my first visit to Disneyland. We couldn't afford to go when I was younger, and I have been trying to make up for that ever since.

TNP had a distinctive memory from their first trip to the parks.

False-though I was 14 on my first visit to Disneyland. We couldn't afford to go when I was younger, and I have been trying to make up for that ever since.

TNP had a distinctive memory from their first trip to the parks.
False! I was a year old and don't remember a thing :laughing:. I do have a very special memory of always riding Dumbo with my dad. It was 'our' ride and I do cherish that memory and think of him whenever I see it (he is now deceased).

TNP misses the short-lived Jingle Cruise.

True-Some cool decorations and a few new jokes.

IMG_9955_zpsx1jkudxb.jpg

TNP is a hidden Mickey junkie and points them out each trip.

TNP is a hidden Mickey junkie and points them out each trip.
This used to be true, but my interest in hidden Mickeys has since waned. It was a ton of fun at first, but after a while, if you go fairly often, it kind of loses its luster.

TNP usually has specific times when they visit DLR.

Mostly False-though we do target holidays each year, but most trips nowadays are tag alongs to other events (conferences, visiting our DD in Cypress, etc.).

TNP has never been to DL when some holiday decorations were up and about the park...

False-I have been lucky enough to go multiple times during the major holidays over the years.

TNP has already planned out how they plan to celebrate 100 years of Disney.

False. We have no Disney plans right now. We're currently working on scheduling some non-Disney vacations. Although it's been 6 months and I'm starting to get the itch...

TNP prefers counter service/quick service when at DLR.

True! Although I love a seat at the Blue Bayou, I also prefer to grab and go. Give me a corn dog and I'll eat in line! Lol

TNP would rather just sit back and relax on the canoes and let everyone else do the work :)

True-in fact I would rather just take a picture of someone else on the canoes. :)

TNP has never been to Tom Sawyer Island...
True? Depends on who you ask. I have no recollection of being there and have always said I've never been on Tom Sawyer's island, but the last time I said that my mom told me I was wrong and I had been there. It must have been on the trip we went on when I was 5 that I really don't remember much of.

TNP thinks Dole whips are overrated

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter