Length of cable

jclos1980

Earning My Ears
Hi all,
New to the board and my wife and I are making our first trip in our new "tear-drop" style trailer to FW later this year in November. I was wondering if anyone knew what length of cable would be appropriate for reaching from the cable outlet to the camper? I guess it would depend where I locate my camper in relation to the post itself, but was hoping for a guesstimate on the furthest distance from the post possible. Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Our cable outlet is in the back of our 5th wheel and it seems that the CableOutput pole is close to the front, so we bought a 25' cable..

WELCOME to the dis !
Congrats on yer new camper ! :thumbsup2

We too use a 25' cable. (ditto)

We always bring 25' and it was always plenty untill our last trip. In the 1900 loop they put the cable box in the back of the site. My hook up is on the front of the trailer. My trailer is 36' from tip to tail so I had to get a longer cable and extend it.

Hi all,
New to the board and my wife and I are making our first trip in our new "tear-drop" style trailer to [FW later this year in November. I was wondering if anyone knew what length of cable would be appropriate for reaching from the cable outlet to the camper? I guess it would depend where I locate my camper in relation to the post itself, but was hoping for a guesstimate on the furthest distance from the post possible. Any Help is greatly appreciated.

My husband and I also own a tear drop and we are going in January. We have been told by other owners to bring a 25 ft

As you say, it all depends on where you place the teardrop and where your connection point is. For our motorhome, we need at least 50 feet with our connection at the middle of the rig and the cable post at the rear. I usually keep the 25 connected because our connector is so hard to reach, and I keep an adapter attached to a 50 in case more length is needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter