Leftover Groceries

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
I originally posted this in the resorts forum, but I should have posted here...although we do this when we stay at moderates as well.

I am a DVC member. Sometimes we have leftover, unopened water, sodas, snacks, etc. We never take them home. Housekeeping is not allowed to accept them. If I put them out in the hall with a note saying they are free, will CMs allow them to stay for another guest to take them or will they pick them up and garbage them?

Once I left some soda/water on a table near the elevators in BCV with a sign. 10 mins later they were gone. I never heard of leaving things in laundry room.

Thanks for the info about Free Cycle.

I used to leave stuff out in the hall the night before with a note saying free and sometimes there would be a thank you note left. :) Last few visits I left water around 1 AM and literally only 30 minutes later it was gone and I thought it was mgmt picking it up and putting it in the trash. I will start posting on free cycle and leave it the morning that we are checking out.

As I said on your Resort Forum post, we give it to Bell Services. They are always grateful. I don’t believe it should be left in the hall. Someone will have to pickup after you.

Bell services sounds like a really good idea. Can you imagine what the hallways will start to look like if it got around that you can leave food /water/soda there. Some places are already getting crowded with ecv's.

I always offer the unopened leftovers to the Bell Services cast member who comes to help me with my luggage on departure day. (I have Owners Lockers so I always have to call Bell Services for assistance on departure day.) They always act like they are happy to receive it.

Another good place to leave unopened beverages is by the vending machines. A lot of folks will appreciate the "surprise" of a free, donated beverage when they were expecting to pay $3 for a bottle of poppixiedust:

This past April when we were there I left drinks (water/soda) after posting to FB DVC free cycle to a family that responded coming from the UK. I left it with bell services as they requested.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter