leaving tomorrow - last question about Magical Express

j_lehr

DIS Veteran
Our flight gets in after midnight...I never received my documents because the travel agent had the wrong address but she sent me a file on what to do. Are there people that work at the Magical Express counter all night? Just curious how this works. Want to make sure we are not stranded, lol.

Thanks!,
jessica

There are ME cast members at the airport 24/7. They have a list of the flight times of all guests arriving that are booked on ME and will have someone there to greet you.

While the desk is "open" all night, it is really only active until everyone is accounted for. Since you don't have your documents, I would call to verify they have your flight number. If they don't (or they have it wrong) and you have a major delay, you could find yourself with a very long wait if they aren't expecting you.

I had a quick question about the yellow luggage tags. I'm assuming these are so the disney people will pick up our luggage and transport it to the hotel so we don't have to. However if I don't put the tags on can we go to luggage claim and pick it up ourselves? I'm a little worried having someone else pick it up and drive it to our resort and how long that all will take.

Tigge50447 said:
I had a quick question about the yellow luggage tags. I'm assuming these are so the disney people will pick up our luggage and transport it to the hotel so we don't have to. However if I don't put the tags on can we go to luggage claim and pick it up ourselves? I'm a little worried having someone else pick it up and drive it to our resort and how long that all will take.

It works great but if you prefer to get your luggage than DO NOT tag it as you thought. Pick it up from the carousel and head to the ME desk. The buses have underneath compartments and can easily accomodate your luggage.

Enjoy

InstImpres said:
It works great but if you prefer to get your luggage than DO NOT tag it as you thought. Pick it up from the carousel and head to the ME desk. The buses have underneath compartments and can easily accomodate your luggage.

Enjoy

Great Thanks :thumbsup2

Yes, if you do not attach the DME luggage tags, your luggage will not be pulled 'backstage' and you can pick it up yourself.

However, since all DME-tagged luggage is pulled BEFORE any luggage is placed on the carousel, I'm not sure you have anything to worry about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter