LAX to DL resort--ride shares

YoDisney

Life Goals=Platinum Castaway Club
anyone who will be flying into LAX or other SoCal airports for their upcoming DL trips within the next 1.5 months, can you let me know if you had issues getting a uber/lyft? I'm reading articles about the low supply of drivers but passenger demand is increasing & I want to be sure to get to the DL/anaheim resort vicinity for our June trip w/o issues. Car rental prices now is $350 for 4 days plus hotel parking @ $27/night + fees wouldn't make it worth it given that we'll be at parks 12+ hrs. We'd literally only be using the car just to get to & from airport.

Flying in from Bay area only because we had travel credit that we need to use before it expires otherwise we'd drive down.

open to other suggestions too that are cost effective (note, supershuttle & other shuttle svcs are permanently closed)

I flew out of and back to LAX in early March. I live in Irvine (so close to Disneyland). My experiences were vastly different for my departure and arrival flights.
  • 3/5 Irvine to LAX - around 4:30 AM. Tried both Uber and Lyft and had problems getting a ride. Wanted a Comfort class ride, but went back to regular UberX. Kept getting offers for rides for 3-4x the amount in the luxury type class cars. For that type of money, I would drive my car to LAX and pay to park it. After about 15 minutes, I was finally able to book a regular UberX ride that took 20 minutes to arrive. Was happy I was ready and outside early to try for a ride since it took so long to get one.
  • 3/12 Returning to LAX and then Irvine. Landed around 7ish (I think). Was able to get an Uber with no issues at the Uber lot and only waited maybe 5 minutes for it to arrive. It was a Comfort again which puts at the quieter pick up zone.
Hopefully this helps you a bit. Easy at LAX. Bad from home (although I think some of that was the hour of the day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter