Latest Artist Point and Whispering Canyon Rumors

What QS has a full bar?

Beaches @ Grand Floridian
Courtyard Pool Bar @ Grand Floridian
Cove Bar @ BLT
Hurricane Hannah's @ BC
Oasis @ Poly
Uzima Springs @ AK Jambo

Those are off the top of my head. I could research and go on if you'd like...

All...including Geyser Point...require no reservations and accept the DDP...and have a full bar.

Therefore....it is a quick service. Disney even lists it as a QS.

Last edited:
But is Geyser Point a QS? It is my understanding that it is a full service bar. What QS has a full bar? Why would I order a drink at GP when I can get the same drink at TL for 20% less?
Sort of. There is a separate line outside the main structure for QS. You don’t eat in the structure if you order there. The inside of the structure is table service-like. We were seated and ordered at our tables/food and drinks brought to us like a regular table service. The bar is inside the structure. The dedicated QS is a separate area. Frankly, we liked the drinks better at GP. I may be wrong, but I don’t think the drink menu is the same as TL.

Last edited:
All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong...

GP is going to fix itself :). It's what happens when a prime location just doesn't get much more than nickle & dime traffic :). And has a good HALF of it's space dedicated to chirping Crickets at Reunion Station (as in - mostly empty, devoid of income, not getting anywhere....).

WDW may indeed screw up a design Concept... but they generally react to "no income" :). A several million dollar "pool bar" in a PRIME location, with no other REAL income?

Just guessing this is going to irritate Management :)
Funny enough we never even noticed RS. I wish they would get rid of RS as it seems pretty useless to me. If I wanted snacks and drinks at an up charge I’d stay club level, not DVC. I loved GP though. I thought it fit in nicely so we can agree to disagree there.

But is Geyser Point a QS? It is my understanding that it is a full service bar. What QS has a full bar? Why would I order a drink at GP when I can get the same drink at TL for 20% less?
Like @DisBuckMan mentioned, it is a pool bar and QS hybrid like all the other resorts. The actual "lounges" are housed within the resorts and accept the TiW. The drink menus are also different except for the Pina Colava and Mai Tai which can be found at a majority of bars across WDW property.

Like @DisBuckMan mentioned, it is a pool bar and QS hybrid like all the other resorts. The actual "lounges" are housed within the resorts and accept the TiW. The drink menus are also different except for the Pina Colava and Mai Tai which can be found at a majority of bars across WDW property.

PolyRob, there is still no incentive to go here if you have TIW, I guess it is a pool bar by association although it is separate from the pool area unlike most other deluxes where the 'bar' is in the actual swimming area.

It always amazes me that some people seem to be tacit defenders of Disney discount exclusions, I think it's crazy that TIW isn't accepted here just like the San Angel vs Hacienda debacle...both run by the same restaurant group in the same physical location, we will never eat at Hacienda with no discount. Perhaps GP would have more activity if they took the card.

We stopped going to V&A's, Monsieur Paul etc. Disney restaurants seem to be at the $15 standard drink price these days before tax and tip, we always stop at ABC on 535 now and stock the room. Where is this heading...$20 standard drink menu margaritas in a couple of years?

PolyRob, there is still no incentive to go here if you have TIW, I guess it is a pool bar by association although it is separate from the pool area unlike most other deluxes where the 'bar' is in the actual swimming area.

It always amazes me that some people seem to be tacit defenders of Disney discount exclusions, I think it's crazy that TIW isn't accepted here just like the San Angel vs Hacienda debacle...both run by the same restaurant group in the same physical location, we will never eat at Hacienda with no discount. Perhaps GP would have more activity if they took the card.

We stopped going to V&A's, Monsieur Paul etc. Disney restaurants seem to be at the $15 standard drink price these days before tax and tip, we always stop at ABC on 535 now and stock the room. Where is this heading...$20 standard drink menu margaritas in a couple of years?
Been to any concerts or sporting events lately? $10-$15 is the going rate for a beer there. Not defending it, its why we quit going to concerts and sporting events, but it seems to be the norm.

Which people do you find to be "tacit defenders of Disney discount exclusions"?

PolyRob and myself were simply making statements of fact. No opinion. Not defending anything.

If you want to limit yourself to only those places that accept certain discounts, that's fine. There are TONS of other options for you to "get your drank on" at a 20% discount. Plenty of people will never eat at the Swan/Dolphin restaurants because they're married to the DDP, which isn't accepted there. Fine by me...it keeps crowds manageable at 3 of the very best restaurants on Disney property. We, as a family, refuse to be held hostage by ADR's at Disney, and we've never had a problem getting same day seating at any of the three. We use mobile ordering at QS restaurants that accept DVC/AP (and the ones at AK that accept TiW), simply because the tradeoff in convenience and time savings is worth more to us more than the discounts.

*OPINION*...I seriously doubt that not accepting TiW has much to do with GP's perceived lackluster performance thus far. Could be wrong, though.

I definitely was not defending Disney in this regard, just commenting that the discounts seem consistent amongst the resorts and GP is not the only place excluded.

I personally found it silly that the QS food options at the pools did not take the 45th anniversary 20% AP discount, but there was nothing I could do about it. I wanted food offered at Hurricane Hanna's vs the Beach Club Marketplace so I just paid a little bit more.

Guess I just have a different view on GP, it’s named Geyser Point Bar and Grill, to me it’s a bar, not associated with a pool, primary function is bar, not QS. RF is the WL QS in my opinion, again just my opinion. To me GP is no different than CC at YC regardless of the food options and they take the card. There are inconsistencies.

Great and underutilized restaurants at Swolphin, absolutely.

I’m a NFL team STH for a long time and haven’t been to a concession stand in years, 12.50 for a faux beer, thanks I’ll pass.

Interesting that there hasn’t been an official announcement about AP yet. Still holding out hope that they push back whatever they are planning until after the New Year.

Guess I just have a different view on GP, it’s named Geyser Point Bar and Grill, to me it’s a bar, not associated with a pool, primary function is bar, not QS. RF is the WL QS in my opinion, again just my opinion. To me GP is no different than CC at YC regardless of the food options and they take the card. There are inconsistencies.

Crew's Cup is a TS lounge, defined that way by Disney. Very different. Nothing inconsistent.

Every "lounge" on Disney property other than Belle Vue @ Boardwalk is listed a TS lounge, and Belle Vue is open for breakfast until 11am (for the QS portion), then closes until 5pm where it is a drinks only (no food) lounge.

GP can be a bar "to you", but that doesn't change the facts.

Crew's Cup is a TS lounge, defined that way by Disney. Very different. Nothing inconsistent.

Every "lounge" on Disney property other than Belle Vue @ Boardwalk is listed a TS lounge, and Belle Vue is open for breakfast until 11am (for the QS portion), then closes until 5pm where it is a drinks only (no food) lounge.

GP can be a bar "to you", but that doesn't change the facts.

Thanks for correcting me with the facts, again in case you missed it, I said it was my opinion. Just because Disney labels something doesn't mean there are not inconsistencies, (see Flame Tree, Hacienda etc).

I spend over 30 days a year at Disney and have points at four resorts, I'm no novice. The Geyser Point Bar will still remain off my visit list.

You can't eat at the tables in Geyser Point and use the DDP. Once you're seated inside, or at the bar, it's not QS credit eligible, and they don't take TS credits either (it'd be a poor value if they did, but they don't so whatever).

The QS only works at the walk-up window, and you can't sit in the bar with your carry-out container.

My last visit to AP was horrible... Sad to see it go but it's far from consistent enough to keep the signature restaurant label. I've eaten at every signature on property minus citricos and VA. Ap was by far the worst. First trip was just decent, second we walked out.

Current rumor over on the DIS news and rumor board is that AP is going character breakfast with Snow White, Dopey, and the Evil Queen.
There was also a rumor of dinner with Snow White and all Seven Dwarves, but that seems to not be the most recent thought. Instead it's apparently looking like breakfast with Snow, Dopey, and the Queen.

Edit: I see there is another thread about this rumor.

My last visit to AP was horrible... Sad to see it go but it's far from consistent enough to keep the signature restaurant label. I've eaten at every signature on property minus citricos and VA. Ap was by far the worst. First trip was just decent, second we walked out.
Curious - what was particularly bad?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter