Last Chance for a Summer Vacation Experience- August 2016 Weight Loss and Lifestyle Change Challenge

Good Morning everyone.

Today we are starting at rope drop at Magic Kingdom. They have a great show every morning. The train comes in and characters pile out of the train and start singing the Welcome Song.

View attachment 185537

Mickey and Minnie are also part of this group.

I was wondering how do you start off the morning.

Do you have to eat breakfast and then go off to work?

Do you try to get your workout in before the day starts?

Or are you the type to just grab a cup of coffee and off you go.

When you are in Disney World do you do rope drop or leisurely make your way into the parks?

Breakfast is not my thing. Neither is coffee. If I eat in the morning it is around 930 or 10. Most days I just skip it. I know this is really bad. I am not a morning person at all. I would rather sleep until at least 10. With kids and work that really does not happen any more. I manage to get both kids and myself ready and out the door in about 20 minutes each morning. There is no time for anything. I don't even work in time for agreements with my daughter over her clothes. Which happens way too often and always makes me late.

We are rope drop people. I can be somewhat of a drill Sargent when it comes to Disney. Our first 2 trips (both with kids in strollers) we were at the park in plenty of time to see the opening show and would stay until the night time show was over. No breaks. We had to see everything. The last 2 trips I have relaxed more. We have seen and done it so no need to rush. However no trip is complete without seeing this welcome show. Each morning we get up early go to the food court eat breakfast fill our mugs and then off to the park for rope drop. We do take long breaks in the middle of the day now though.

I'm in for August... My goal will be to lose 6 pounds.

I'm Lizanne, singleton of a certain age living in Seattle. As anyone who follows me on Intragram knows, I have two cats who get photographed frequently. I started this weight loss journey the beginning of the year and put in several really good months followed by several really bad months. I'm clawing my way back, but the sugar addiction has ahold of me right now.

I've been to WDW about 35 times, but every trip I learn about something new, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what Mickey has to share. I've met the talking Mickey once, have to say he really freaked me out ;).

I have not met the talking Mickey. I think it would be strange.

I haven't been keeping up with the forum but I think I lost almost ten pounds in July. :) I was at 300.4 on June 30th I'm so close to leaving the 290s too hanging around 291.4 over the weekend. I haven't been making the gym more than a 2-3 times a week and tracking hasn't been great but for other reasons I haven't had much of an appetite. It's nothing worrisome it will pass as its not anything bad, really. Just good reasons. Life is nearly perfect right now. :) Just a lot of change and possibly more to come. I need to keep the habit up and increase it back to full schedule so I can keep it going. I don't want the success to stop.

Congrats on any weight loss.

Hi all - I'm Sam joining you all from Australia :D I have been joining in since the start of the year .... I can't believe it is August! I must admit I haven't made as much progress as I would have liked weight loss wise - but I am becoming a more active person and am starting to pay more attention to my food - I'm not always perfect but I am definitely more aware and have a run of good days then seem to go off track for a few (like the last 2 days!).

To help me consolidate the role that walking needs to play in my life and I am going to continue with a walking goal this month. I am going to aim for 40 minutes walking for at least 20 days this month.

Challenges: Work days when I am visiting schools - the routine of those days are different than when I in the office - turns out it is easier to get more walking in on my office days now that I have worked out a walking plan for there. Me - keeping up the momentum and motivation to walk after work.

Tools: Tracking my walking, steps, walking with the kids Pokémon hunting, checking in here.

@donac great pics of your boys - I bet going through those photos is making you very nostalgic with their weddings coming up.

I have spent a lot of time scanning old pictures and it has made me very nostalgic. Last night dh and I were discussing what song I was going to dance with him at the wedding. I had decided with ds to dance to You'll be in My Heart from Tarzan. Ds has always loved monkeys and it just seemed fitting. I would have liked Ducktails better since he always watched that show when he was younger but it is harder to dance to that.

Happy Tuesday everyone!!

First my introduction: My name is Magdalene, I am in my mid forties and live in Germany (and am German). I have a long distance relationship with my American significant other, neither of us has any kids, but Michael would love to have a dog! :dog: He lives in Florida, but currently is visiting here! :love: I have been around in these challenges for what feels a long time and really have not lost a lot in those years, more or less lost the same pounds over and over again. However, I do credit these challenges to be the reason that I managed to stay around the same weight most of the time and never totally go up into areas that I do not want to be in ever again. My goal for this months is only to lose 1.5 kg (that is about 3.5 pounds) as my boyfriend's mother and brother are coming to visit and we will be doing lots of touring which will include lots of eating out. And to be honest, if I would manage that goal I would be really thrilled as that would mean that I am getting really close to the magical barrier of 70kg! I so much want to have a weight starting with a 6 on the scale!

Good luck on the challenge this month. It will be fun doing some touring this month.

Hi All,

My name is Nia and I am nearly 38, full time workin mum of 9 year old. We are all on health kick right now, with my husband trying to up his protein and play tennis and me thinking holiday in 80 days!

I joined the groups in March and I am now 10.3kg lighter. I have another 4.7 to my goal weight and hope to loose at least 2 kg this month. I would like to up my effort in the gym (weight lifting) as now near my goal weight I feel upping my strength is great goal to carry me over to maintenance

Looking forward chatting to all, new and previous month participants

Welcome Nia

I am in for the month. My goal for this month will be to continue to get 10,000 steps a day, step 2 days using the Wii board and do squats every day. With the squats I started last night with 10 and will add 5 more each day.

For everyone that does not know me I am Stephanie. I just turned 37 a few days ago. I have been married almost 13 years and have 2 kids. My son is 10 and my daughter is almost 9. Right my daughter keeps me very busy. She has some vision issues that she is going to therapy for and that is taking up a lot of time. She also just finished up PT on her ankle. My son is really into Pokemon Go right now so my husband and I have a walking buddy. He makes sure we get out and walk right now.

School starts 2 weeks from today. I am not really ready for it yet knowing my son will be in middle school. 5th grade I feel is too young for a middle school setting but he is excited. I am ready to be back on a schedule though. I do much better with work outs during the school year. This year I have scaled back the amount of activities I do at the school. I am a part of the PTA and was on the board. It felt like i was going to several meetings a month and had no time for really anything. This year I am just part of the PTA but not on the board so I am not obligated to or go to everything. I can pick and choose depending on what is going on in my life at the time.

Here's to a great August and and great start to the school year!

5th grade for Middle School is pretty common here. My dh was a middle school math teacher. When the 5th grade was put into the middle school they had their own wing and had very little interaction with the other grades. Enjoy because it goes so fast.

add 74 minutes for yesterday for a total of 3 hrs 44 minutes

Keep up the good work

Morning routine: 5AM - 30 minute son the treadmill and then back to bed. Alarm goes off at 7:00 and i have a homemade breakfast sandwich. Then I walk to work!

At Disney - we rope drop, but spend about an hour or so wandering Main Street USA - we enjoy it and I always find a few pairs of earings that I cant' ive without!

I can't believe that you can go back to bed after being on the treadmill.

Lately breakfast has been the biggest challenge and sets my day up for failure as I'm consuming too many points and having sugar, because I stop at Starbucks for a Chai and pastry, yup that's right, sugar with my sugar. Being as I work in Seattle there are about four Starbucks between my bus stop and the office... It's torture.

I do get up and get going when I'm at WDW, and I probably hit RD more often than not. I also do pre-opening breakfasts, not to get a head start on rides but to have some quiet time in the park. I've mentioned before that I love going in the front of EPCOT at RD and then walking back to France for breakfast, because no one else is around and it feels like my own private park. Hopefully the Frozen Ever After madness will stay on that side and it will still be possible to enjoy this bit of magic. The first morning of the trip with Nephew2 we went right to MK for RD after just arriving on the red eye... Talk about a sleepy pre-teen. But I wanted to do that because MK had just been open till 1am and I thought the crowds would be light. Boy were they, we walked on to a dozen different attractions before lunchtime. Then went back to the hotel and crashed!

I loe Starbucks chai tea but try to limit myself. When I was working I tried to allow myself only one a week on Friday to celebrate the end of the week. Now I have to make a special trip to get one.

I eat on a routine and part of that routine is 2 oz of Cheerios with 8 oz of milk. Nearly every morning... yes, I'm boring :P

My workouts are usually in the evening - but I also walk for 30 minutes per day on my breaks at work so that helps.

As for Disney World - we're definitely rope drop people. We have an itinerary down to the minute, including park hours, FP+ times and really just trying to make sure we can squeeze it all in.

I get into a cereal routine some weeks too. It makes life a little easier.

I am so not a morning person! LOL I wake up whenever the kids get up and then make them breakfast. I usually eat a kashi bar and chocolate almond milk to start my day because it is easy. I tried to run before DH goes to work but I just could not get into that routine, I run much better at night. However on the weekends I have started to run early because with the heat and humidity:crazy2: here in FL I really don't have an option but I go back to bed as soon as I get back.

At WDW we always try to make it to rope drop but we are usually coming from 2 hours away and it is hard to time it just right (last time we were so close but the monorail was down>:(). I actually don't think I have ever been at MK for rope drop but I have for all the other parks.

Another person who can go back to bed after they work out. :worship: You guys are better than I am.

I am a stay at home mom and my kids are older, so I am able to start off my morning slowly. I start the coffee, feed the dogs and spend at least a half hour drinking my coffee. Unless I have somewhere to be, I try to make oatmeal every morning for my husband and myself. If I don't give him something, he'll go to work without breakfast. I have my oatmeal with chia seeds, a little whole milk and a bunch of frozen berries to sweeten it. I used to do brown sugar, but I'm happy now with the berries. :)

Some mornings I hop on the treadmill shortly after my breakfast. I really want to get into that habit on mornings that I can. Otherwise I usually do it in the evening.

Although we are not morning people at all in real life (my husband doesn't work until noon), at Disney, we are definitely a rope drop family. We normally go during the fall when most parks close early, so getting up early isn't too difficult.

I got my 11,000 steps yesterday. My 9 year old kept asking all day if I would take her to the exercise park in our neighborhood. I'm able to walk a pretty good loop and still see her, so I told her we would go after 8 when it cooled down. Well, at 8:00 I looked and the temperature was still 99 degrees! We went anyway and it wasn't too bad, surprisingly. I would have rather used the treadmill, but it's nice to have someone encouraging me to do my steps. :)

I also love oatmeal with chia seeds. I also like it on my yogurt.

I am not a morning person at all. I squeeze in every last minute of sleep I can and am usually up and out the door within 30 minutes (it ain't glamorous where I work so not much primping). Then I'll grab some fruit and cheese or a microwavable oatmeal cup to make at my desk when I get to work.

I wish so badly that I could get up and work out and get it over with, but I am just not wired to be up early.

Recently I have been grabbing coffee with my fruit and cheese. I find that it really does give me more energy at work and helps me not be as snacky all day like I used to be. I am not sure if it's worth the calories of the coffee vs the calories of the snacking.... but I do have more energy so there's that.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE rope drop-- but only at MK or parks that aren't at WDW. Non-home parks for obvious reasons. But MK for the show :love: My trip isn't complete without seeing the show and crying like a baby. It just gets to me for some reason. Sometimes we run for a ride, but other times we just get a coffee and walk Main St and soak it all in.

------------------------------------
Yesterday was a little off. My cousin canceled on me for yoga and DH was offered to do some extra work for some extra money, so I skipped yoga to help him work and get half the money. I did feel like I got some activity in (we were filling gallon containers and putting them on pallets-- so this was labor not computer work!). But that definitely doesn't count for my goal. So I am going to go to yoga tonight instead.

I also got a dress I am really desperate to fit into. An older Lilly Pulitzer dress that's a cat print. I love cats and am currently figuring out a way to run up to see Cats on Broadway next month (my all time favorite show-- I'm a crazy cat lady supreme). Anyway, I really want to fit into that dress..... sooooooo I've got the motivation now-- let's go!

I live an hour out of NYC. Have fun at Cats

Breakfast is not my thing. Neither is coffee. If I eat in the morning it is around 930 or 10. Most days I just skip it. I know this is really bad. I am not a morning person at all. I would rather sleep until at least 10. With kids and work that really does not happen any more. I manage to get both kids and myself ready and out the door in about 20 minutes each morning. There is no time for anything. I don't even work in time for agreements with my daughter over her clothes. Which happens way too often and always makes me late.

We are rope drop people. I can be somewhat of a drill Sargent when it comes to Disney. Our first 2 trips (both with kids in strollers) we were at the park in plenty of time to see the opening show and would stay until the night time show was over. No breaks. We had to see everything. The last 2 trips I have relaxed more. We have seen and done it so no need to rush. However no trip is complete without seeing this welcome show. Each morning we get up early go to the food court eat breakfast fill our mugs and then off to the park for rope drop. We do take long breaks in the middle of the day now though.

I wish I could sleep to 10. The only time I have done that is when I have been sick. I have always been a morning person.

Good Morning everyone.

Today we are starting at rope drop at Magic Kingdom. They have a great show every morning. The train comes in and characters pile out of the train and start singing the Welcome Song.

View attachment 185537

Mickey and Minnie are also part of this group.

When you are in Disney World do you do rope drop or leisurely make your way into the parks?

I used to be up at 4:30 in the morning to get some exercise in and some alone time before the day started with dh and ds's. It has certainly changed since I retired last year. We now don't get up until 6 or 6:30. I have to get back to working out in the morning like I used to. I occasionally eat breakfast and then do some yoga. I have also have been walking the dog every afternoon.

Since dh and I are both early risers we are always at rope drop.

Have a happy and healthy day.

Question of the Day

Mickey is someone we all have known our entire lives. We know his history.

Please introduce yourself for those new people and tell us your goals for the month.

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I'm late to the party! I meant to save my place earlier, but got a huge shock yesterday. My 13 year old returned from camp on Saturday, and my mother's intuition was completely acting up. Something was wrong and then I figured it out. She kept scratching the nape of her neck. Uggh . . . lice. She picked it up at camp.

So, three loads of laundry, a thorough vacuuming of floors and furniture, and a $200+ trip to the lice removal salon later, and I'm starting to catch up with all the stuff I was supposed to be doing yesterday that got completely blown out of the water by the lice. Now all I have to comb through her hair 10 times over the next 21 days (at 30 min a time) in order to make sure it's gone, gone, gone. Good grief! This is not what I needed this week!

I guess I should be thankful that we caught it early and that she didn't share it with anyone else in the family - we all got checked at the salon.

Anyway - back to the questions of the day - who am I? I'm a 43 year old mother of three. I own my own business, but work mostly from home. This month, I am going to challenge myself to do some exercises that I haven't done in a long time. Squats and crunches. I found a "30 day challenge" for each of them and am going to follow the instructions and do my best! I have other fitness/step/weight loss goals, but the exercise challenges are what I'm going to use for this months' thread. I took measurements on Saturday and am hoping for some physical progress in those areas by the end of the month too.

For today's question- in a perfect world, I would go for a walk before really starting my day, but it only works out sometimes. I love breakfast, never miss it! But, I can't skip the coffee either - three cups in the morning for me!

We are absolutely rope drop people whenever possible. Especially for Magic Kingdom. We can easily skip it for Epcot, but always rope drop Universal parks too!

I feel like the Summertime Sadness is kicking in - what is with this week!? Has it been a Cruel Summer for anyone else?

Just feeling a lack of motivation to be productive.... maybe it's the heat :(

It's definitely not the heat for me but I am feeling little demotivated too! I am just doing too much and resting too little.

I am hit the gym little harder yesterday and I feel sore today and really tired. I am meeting friend for lunch tomorrow and Friday so this is my only day I could work from home if I wish so I am trying to decide.

I am tired. My heart is telling me to go in the office as I will get to do more walk and move more but my body is telling me to rest.

It's hard with exercise and activity level. You can over do it

Did I mentioned... I am tired...

No, not really. I get to work by 7:30 and have my breakfast around 8 am there. I bring my own, currently berries and Greek yoghurt

It depends on my day. I prefer doing any strength workouts in the morning, either before work or about 10/11 am before lunch. Swimming, walking, yoga can be done later but I find I get most of my strength in the morning

Yes, I do to be honest for the first 2 hours but have breakfast after

Rope Drop all the way!

Hi Everyone!

For today's question- in a perfect world, I would go for a walk before really starting my day, but it only works out sometimes. I love breakfast, never miss it! But, I can't skip the coffee either - three cups in the morning for me!

We are absolutely rope drop people whenever possible. Especially for Magic Kingdom. We can easily skip it for Epcot, but always rope drop Universal parks too!

Agree on epcot. You only get one headliner really on rope drop, by the time you get to the second it's packed. Shopping AM & few dinners at Epcot with fast pass works well if you have more then one visit

I struggle in the mornings - but I am getting better - I have to feed the kids and myself before heading out the door .... sometimes I get the kids fed and off to the bus and then I make my own breakfast and get ready ... on those disorganised days which happen way too often especially in winter when we are all sleeping in. I have been trying to get us off with a substantial breakfast this year so some days its scrambled eggs, omelette, poached egg, bacon & eggs (kids love bacon), pancakes and then there are days I just say "toast or cereal - I am done today"! I do find on the days I have a better breakfast it takes me through to lunch without even thinking about food - but today it was a toast day and within a couple of hours my stomach was growling at me.

Not at the moment ... to cold and dark so we have taken a break from early morning workouts ... but when it gets warmer and lighter soon we will be back hitting the water and paddling in the morning .... for that routine I exercise first then come back and have breakfast with the kids and get them off to school.

I don't drink coffee! But should I tell you I have at times be known to start the day with a soft drink instead??? shhhh its happening less and less :oops:

I will get to WDW one day .... but at DL it varied some days we were early others not really it just depended on our energy levels and plans for that day.

I feel like the Summertime Sadness is kicking in - what is with this week!? Has it been a Cruel Summer for anyone else?

Just feeling a lack of motivation to be productive.... maybe it's the heat :(
Our summer has been rough in so many ways. I am ready for it, in a way, to be over. I missed the carefree in the summer when we went to the zoo almost every weekend and stuff like that.
The heat has been a killer for the past few weeks. Thankfully this weekend we are going to get down in the 70's for a high. I can't wait.

I hope I'm not too late to the party. I would like to join in for a 6 pound weight loss.

I'm 45 and fight the same 30 pounds over and over. Right now I'm on the high end at 200 - I feel much more comfortable at 170! I'm not very maintenance based (morning routines consist of highest priorities - cat litter HIGH priority... putting on makeup, meh...) As far as eating and exercise in the morning - I have a thyroid issue and the medication requires no eating for 30 minutes afterward so I don't eat until I get to the office. I am not enough of a morning person to exercise - that has to wait until after work.

As far as rope drop - we finally managed to get there on time (somehow I never bank the time it takes to get through parking / tram rides / shuttles). My boyfriend and I were there for a day at Hollywood Studios. I was so excited and ready to make a beeline for Midway Mania when he turns and says he needs to use the restroom. So he wanders off to find a restroom and I'm kicking myself that I didn't do the whole mom "do you need to go?" thing before we lined up. I had a little mini-temper tantrum in my head as I watched everyone else head off when the rope dropped. Of course it ended up being fine, the line was still ridiculously short relative to what it would be the rest of the day! And it was a great day - ended with the Star Wars dessert party (our first - so worth it!)

My morning routine is to take time for a nice breakfast (and some DIS-time). My breakfast go to is fruit, yoghurt and müsli. In the winter I like to have fruit and oatmeal. I often think I should try for more protein in my breakfast, but generally really like my routine. There usually are a few days each month when I am running late and just grab a snack from the bakery. Never anything sugary though. I know that sugar for breakfast really kills my day with constant hunger attacks!

I would love to get back into a routine of morning runs, but I am still not back to real running. I had some morning runs recently, but only on the weekend. Tomorrow I am going to work late, so I will try to fit in a run!

Bonus: I used to be a rope drop person, but my boyfriend is a night owl, so no rope drops with him. I usually try to get a few mornings in the parks in on my own though when we are at WDW. He gets to sleep and I get to play! But I have to admit that purchasing DVC has really changed my touring at the park. Knowing that I will have regular trips until 2042 kind of took out that feeling of having to get the most out of my trip as I woudl not know when I am going to return...

Sorry for those who suffer from Summer Sadness!! Hope you will be able to pull yourself out of it soon!

@4Mickeys when you say that toast or cereal has your tummy grumbling early, I think the problem is not the toast, but the fact that both of these are fairly empty carbs, no protein. Unless you have some high fiber cereal, most cereals are actually very low on fiber. In order to feel satisfied for longer for a meal both protein and fiber are really important. Have you considered rolled oats instead of cereal? I really love them. And if you have them with yoghurt, you get more protein than if you have milk with your cereal. If you end up having toast, consider having it with cheese or ham instead of jam. There are many ways to up the protein of a quick meal, it does not always have to be freshly cooked eggs! I think someone once posted about pre-making frittatas in a muffin pan and throwing them in the freezer for easy breakfasts. That was something I was thinking about for myself as I struggle with the lack of protein in my breakfast as well.

I hope I'm not too late to the party. I would like to join in for a 6 pound weight loss.

I'm 45 and fight the same 30 pounds over and over. Right now I'm on the high end at 200 - I feel much more comfortable at 170! I'm not very maintenance based (morning routines consist of highest priorities - cat litter HIGH priority... putting on makeup, meh...) As far as eating and exercise in the morning - I have a thyroid issue and the medication requires no eating for 30 minutes afterward so I don't eat until I get to the office. I am not enough of a morning person to exercise - that has to wait until after work.

Hi Zim! Welcome back!! Of course it is not too late!

I have a thyroid issue as well and have the same 30 minute delay. My solution for it is to have my pills and a glass of water at my beside table and as soon as the alarm rings, the first thing I do is to take that pill. Then it is off for a shower and getting dressed and by the time I have prepared my breakfast and cooked my tea, those 30 minutes are over. It works well - except for the days when I am so slow to get started that I delay the pill taking...

Well yesterday did not go as planned. We knew we were going have a quick fast food dinner because my daughter had a 90 minute vision test and we had not time to cook. I ended up having her at the pediatricians office in the morning for an issue she had on Monday. I got to work at about 8 and then had to leave to get her at 9:45. An appointment that should not have taking long took way longer then it should. Not the doctors fault. They got us in early. They needed a urine sample and it took my daughter 30-45 minutes to do that. Everything came back fine but her sugar was really high. Thankfully this has happened once before so I did not freak out this time. We had to wait a little longer so she could have her blood tested. It came back normal but now I only had like 20 minutes now to get her lunch and back to camp before they left for a field trip. Thankfully the buses were late since we got to camp about 5 minutes after they were supposed to leave. I needed to be back at work by 2 for a meeting but needed to stop at the hospital to drop stuff off at the. Should have only taken a few minutes but they made me wait for like 30 minutes. I still needed to eat ant it was now almost 1. I ran through BK for lunch and ate it on my way back to work. This is not what I had planned but I knew I would not have time for the lunch I brought. After being at a stand still on the high way I finally made it back to work with about 5 minutes to spare for my meeting. I was able to have my husband take my daughter to the vision test and I met them there so I could get an extra hour of work. He took our son home and I stayed with my daughter. I didn't get home last night until like 7:30. I decided to eat Chipotle for dinner.

I ended up eating out twice yesterday and ran all over the place to try and get everything done. I was exhausted and didn't want to get my last 1500 steps in our my squats. At about 9:45 I got up from the couch and got both done. After trying to talk myself out of it for about 30 minutes I decided I had to get it done. I have been going so good and I did not want to get out of the routine. So I just sucked it up and finished up what I needed to do.

I am sure hoping today goes much better. I should get the final results of the testing for both the vision and her other issue today or tomorrow. But I am not expecting anything to come up with the medical issue since they did not see anything in the office and the doctor thinks she is fine. The vision test is another story but the guy that administrated the test said she did good. He is the head of the therapy and did a quick check to see her progress. He said she is doing really good and thinks she will be good after the 18 weeks are done. Yay!

Well now that I rambled on I should get to doing my work. Sorry it being so long. Have a great day!

Last edited:
Good Wednesday morning. It is WOOHOO Wednesday.

Disney World has many many tributes to Walt through out the park. The most famous is his statue in front of the castle

P1000744 (640x640).jpg

But there are two more. The first is at the the train station. You can see it even before you cross into the tunnel. Just like the opening credits of a movie.

P1000998 (640x480).jpg

The second is at the end of Main Street, right over the Plaza Restaurant just like the closing credits.

P1000614 (640x480).jpg

What is your WOOHOO moment for today?

Good Wednesday morning. It is WOOHOO Wednesday.

Disney World has many many tributes to Walt through out the park. The most famous is his statue in front of the castle

But there are two more. The first is at the the train station. You can see it even before you cross into the tunnel. Just like the opening credits of a movie.

View attachment 185679

The second is at the end of Main Street, right over the Plaza Restaurant just like the closing credits.

View attachment 185680

It has been fairly quite it lately. Well except for yesterday. My woohoo's this week are miner but some that i am excited about.

1. The medical issue my daughter had could have been more serious but turns out she is fine.
2. I got all of the kids school supplies this past Saturday and we are doing school clothes shopping on Friday. (we have tax free day this weekend on school stuff. I should be able to get some deals)
3. I am off on Friday to take the kids to the fair and shopping. I will eat horribly this day. I have to have my sausage sandwich and fries. Plus a milk shake. I was in 4-H growing up and I have not gone a year without having these foods. I used to pretty much live at the fair for a week now we just visit 1 day.

I guess my woohoo is that I have not died getting my 11,000 steps the last 2 days. 11,000 seems like twice the amount of 10,000, lol. I don't know why. My legs are sore today. I walked outside again last night (it was a cool 97 degrees, ugh) and I think I walk more quickly outside than on the treadmill. I'll have to use an app to track that and check.

Getting all my steps in today will be an effort. I have a friend coming over for 4 hours to wait while our daughters are at a movie/event. Then my brother and his wife are arriving shortly after she leaves, to stay for a few days and dump their dog here for me to watch for 10 days. My 9 year old is also having a friend stay the night. I'll fit it in somehow, I don't want to have to make it up on another day!

I am not really having Summer Sadness, but I do feel a case of Back to School stress coming on. My kids attend a University Model school, which means that they do 2 days of school and 2 or 3 days of studying at home. So in the next few weeks I have 4 hour orientations for 3 different kids, school supplies to get, books to finish buying, back to school parties, meet the teacher, etc, etc, etc. Oh well, deep breaths and check one thing off at a time I guess.

Question of the Day

Mickey is someone we all have known our entire lives. We know his history.

Please introduce yourself for those new people and tell us your goals for the month.

I'm a little late, but I definitely want to join again this month. I have to get myself back on track. I've come quite a ways, but I have a long way to go as well.

I'm Becky and I've been on these challenges since the middle of February. I've lost 30 pounds since then, which is good, but that's exactly where I was a month and a half ago. The good news is that I haven't gained, but I also haven't lost and I need to get that started again!

I'm 45, married for 24 years and have 3 kids. The oldest 2 are getting ready to head off to college in a couple of weeks, so it will just be DH, DS 14 and myself at home most of the year. DD19 is going to be a sophomore going back for her 2nd year 3.5 hours away. This is DD18's first year and she will be 6 hours away. They are in opposite directions, so there is no meeting in the middle or anything like that. It will take some adjustments, but they are both very excited and I'm excited for them!

My goal for the month is going to be 8 pounds. That's basically 2 pounds per week and if I'd get back to tracking everything in MFP, I know I can accomplish it!

I am not a morning person. I hate getting up and have a pretty bad morning routing. I have to be at work at 7:00. I usually get out of bed about 6:15 after hitting snooze 3 times (I know, not a good habit :o). I the quickly shower, get ready and head out the door by 6:45. Luckily, work is only about 8 minutes away and I often drive thru McDonald's and get a sausage mcmuffin (I know, another terrible choice). When I was doing better with me eating, I was making an egg sandwich at home. I REALLY need to get back into doing that. Many fewer calories and much better overall. I am not a coffee drinker and I do not workout in the morning. At one point quite a few years back, I tried going to our local gym in the morning, but it is just not how I'm wired.

Our family hasn't been to Disney nearly as much as many on this thread, but we've never done rope drop. My kids would probably look at me like I have 3 heads if I'd suggest it. They are not morning people either!

I might have to come back with my WooHoo later on today when hopefully something WooHoo worthy happens. As far as health and wellness go, this just hasn't been a great week, but next week, I hope to have some great and healthy woohoos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter