• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Land Border Opening?

Amazing ! I love that it’s starting to sound like a reality. I highly doubt the quarantine would stay in place for fully vaccinated people. I guess it remains to be seen but I don’t think he would be giving interviews about the change to travel if essentially it was staying the same as it is now.
Almost makes me want to plan a trip sooner than January :rolleyes1
My non expert advice is if you are on the fence , it’s time to book .. prices are about to skyrocket now that there’s something to go on .

I received my 1st dose of AZ on April 22nd but wasn’t given a date for my second except the week of August 9th which I was ok with since my trip is Sept 19th however I’m now starting to get worried as they have been stating in the news that they are now looking at allowing to mix vaccines due to not enough AZ. My concern with this is will we have to restart all over again or will say having Pfizer as the 2nd dose be ok. I know they are testing it in the UK right now with results due to be made available in June and our government wants to know by mid May, I just don’t want to start all over again as I had extremely bad side effects, ie 39.9 temp and so forth. I’m going in September no matter what and am prepared to do everything that is required but want it to all be completed before I go.

I received my 1st dose of AZ on April 22nd but wasn’t given a date for my second except the week of August 9th which I was ok with since my trip is Sept 19th however I’m now starting to get worried as they have been stating in the news that they are now looking at allowing to mix vaccines due to not enough AZ. My concern with this is will we have to restart all over again or will say having Pfizer as the 2nd dose be ok. I know they are testing it in the UK right now with results due to be made available in June and our government wants to know by mid May, I just don’t want to start all over again as I had extremely bad side effects, ie 39.9 temp and so forth. I’m going in September no matter what and am prepared to do everything that is required but want it to all be completed before I go.

My understanding is if they decide it is ok to mix vaccines you won’t be “starting over”. Just your second shot could be pfyser instead of AZ. So you would only get the one more shot, not two. If that makes sense.

I read that the next shipment of AZ is being reserved for second doses (at least here in NB). So my parents, who had their first shot early April, may end up being fully vacced much sooner than they anticipated.

I read that the next shipment of AZ is being reserved for second doses (at least here in NB). So my parents, who had their first shot early April, may end up being fully vacced much sooner than they anticipated.
I would be very happy if that happened. I had my first shot of AZ April 5th and am scheduled for my second July 26th. I would love it if that was bumped up!

My pharmacy wasn’t booking second doses. Wish I had an appt.
Neither was ours (we had our first shots at Costco pharmacy). They just told us to wait for direction from the BC govt. I would hope that future shipments of AZ would be used for second shots and with those deliveries *expected* end of June hopefully that bumps us all up a few weeks

Neither was ours (we had our first shots at Costco pharmacy). They just told us to wait for direction from the BC govt. I would hope that future shipments of AZ would be used for second shots and with those deliveries *expected* end of June hopefully that bumps us all up a few weeks
Did you register on the Govt web site? In BC they’re asking people who received an AZ shot from a pharmacy to also register on the govt vaccine web site.

I wish there was a bit more guidance on the second shot for AZ. I guess time will tell with that one. I don't have a second shot booked yet either. I'm actually hoping that we are able to take the Pfizer. It's kind of like taking tylenol and advil for a bad headache or fever. They approach the same problem in a different way and are therefore more effective.

Did you register on the Govt web site? In BC they’re asking people who received an AZ shot from a pharmacy to also register on the govt vaccine web site.
Oh yes, we were both registered on the Gov site before our first shot of AZ. They are now down to our age cohort this weekend (but I have no remorse getting AZ because hey, we are two+ weeks ahead of our age cohort!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter