Krystal's FREE Pop swap! CLOSED-Thank you Pop Century for adding fridges!

I'd love to get in on the swap (we're at WDW from 12/3 - 12/13) however, I'm a little concerned - I've gone through the entire swap list from the budget board, and I'm seeing several people signed up for 2 and 3 different fridge swaps for the same dates.

For example - UkieMouse is signed up for this swap (swap 3 on the list) on 11/29 - 12/7, for GOLD STAR POPCentury Fridge/Coffee Maker Swap (swap 6 on the list), and for the *Nost So Scary* Fridge/Toaster/Coffee Pot swap (swap 17 on the list) for the same dates. I realize that sometimes people need 2 fridges if they have 2 rooms, but is it really fair for them to take up 3 different swaps?

I realize that I didn't buy the fridges, but it seems a bit unfair that more people aren't able to get in on the swaps because one person/family is on 3 different lists, possibly because they just want to make sure they get one.

Even if we aren't able to participate in a swap while we're at Pop, if me saying something allows others to be able to get in on the swaps, then something good has occured.

Thanks.

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply-I didn't realize anyone had posted to this thread.

It's impossible for me to monitor how many rooms people have and how many fridge swaps they are using. I guess if I could but I just don't have the time. Personally, as long as my swappers follow through with the commitment of picking up the fridge then and dropping it off in the correct manner then I don't have a problem with them joining other swaps if they have other rooms.

However the time our fridge did get lost it was due to something like this-a swapper signed up for 2 swaps because they had 2 rooms. The person who signed up with me was not the person who used the fridge. And they did not make sure that their friend had the correct info. for swapping the fridge. The fridge got lost but luckily we found a replacement fridge (and the person who accidentally lost it offered to buy a new one).

So using more than one fridge is a concern. But at the same time the early bird gets the worm I guess. So people who sign up early, whether it be for 1 swap or 5, get the fridge in most cases. And I don't really think it would be ethical of me to kick someone off of the swap just because they have more than 1 room.

I do have December 7-11th available if you are interested. Let me know if you are and send me your confirmation info so I can get you on the list. :goodvibes

We have reservations for 1-29 thru 2-5-11. Wondering if the fridge would be available then.
Thanks,
Laurie

sorry, just found the updated list and its not available. thanks anyways

If the fridge swap is still running I would love to have it for my next trip. I arrive on Sept. 29 am and leave Oct. 13th in the afternoon 2011.

If the fridge swap is still running I would love to have it for my next trip. I arrive on Sept. 29 am and leave Oct. 13th in the afternoon 2011.

Right now someone has it until Oct 2nd. If you want to send me your confirmation info (see post 1) I can put you down for Oct 2-13th and put you on the alternate list for Sept 29-Oct 2nd.

Does anyone know if the fridge still has these items in it? Or if it is just the fridge at this point?

thanks

Just got a PM from the person who currently has the fridge. The fridge currently has:

two-slice Chefmate toaster inside, complete with original box
small 5-cup Mr Coffee , with box
a few dozen coffee filters
a motley collection of sugar packets, Splenda, Equal, and Sweet n' Low.
I MAY be able to leave some coffee stirrers and CoffeeMate powdered creamer; not sure if I'll have any left at the end of my stay

I have a confirmed reservation now and I would like to be put on the alternate list as the fridge is already booked for my dates next year.

Monday August 22, 2011 - Sunday September 4, 2011

Thanks

I've had to cancel my trip. :sad1: My grandmother's dog is sick and she's not willing to leave him right now.

I'm sorry it's such last minute notice. I was booked to have the fridge Nov 11-15. Will the next person be able to pick it up since the label is for me? Should I give the next swapper my info so they can tell luggage services who the fridge is supposed to be for?

Updated 09/19/10
10/26 - 11/09 * ana_carol Confirmed
11/11 - 11/15 * cbg1027 Confirmed
11/18 - 11/26 * Nanookz Confirmed
11/29 - 12/07 * Ukie Mouse confirmed
12/07 - 12/11 * Available
12/11 - 12/18 * sah95 Confirmed
12/22 - 12/29 * tracipierce Confirmed

01/03 - 01/09 * vroomagain Confirmed
01/10 - 01/15 * stargazertechie Confirmed
01/21 - 01/29 * The Three Cabs Confirmed
01/29 - 02/05 * HeatherSue Confirmed
02/05 - 02/18 * ON HOLD
04/18 - 04/29 * ON HOLD
08/23 - 08/27 * APB513 Confirmed
08/27 - 09/04 * GoofySon'sMom Confirmed

Alternates:
10/01 - 10/09 * peyjax
10/09 - 10/12 * Amy162
11/18 - 11/26 * MBKELmom
11/28 - 12/04 * mkc1011
02/03 - 02/11 * DisneyFirstTimer10

We'll be there 2/11-2/17. Love to do a swap if this gets taken off hold.

Ukie Mouse & I have traded information!
:thumbsup2

Does anyone know if the fridge still has these items in it? Or if it is just the fridge at this point?

thanks

Not sure. Maybe someone who's had it lately will chime in . . . .

PM sent to krystalleigh1 & ukiemouse. :surfweb:
My confirmation # changed.
:thumbsup2

I have a confirmed reservation now and I would like to be put on the alternate list as the fridge is already booked for my dates next year.

Monday August 22, 2011 - Sunday September 4, 2011

Thanks

I'll add you as an alternate. :goodvibes

I've had to cancel my trip. :sad1: My grandmother's dog is sick and she's not willing to leave him right now.

I'm sorry it's such last minute notice. I was booked to have the fridge Nov 11-15. Will the next person be able to pick it up since the label is for me? Should I give the next swapper my info so they can tell luggage services who the fridge is supposed to be for?
:eek: You'll need to call LS and see if they can change the note on the fridge so that it has the correct info on it for the swapper after you. Otherwise they may throw it out after a few days. :eek: Let me know how that goes.

We'll be there 2/11-2/17. Love to do a swap if this gets taken off hold.

I'll add you as an alternate for those dates. :)

As I am the the person that is picking up the frig "after" you, please let me know as well.

thanks

As I am the the person that is picking up the frig "after" you, please let me know as well.

thanks

I haven't heard from cbg1027 so I don't know if they were able to contact LS or not. If I hear something I'll let you know. Keeping my fingers crossed that they don't throw it out.

After you arrive at Pop you may have to do a little extra digging to see if they still have it. It could be buried behind some other boxes they're storing. Hopefully if cbg1027 doesn't get a hold of them, you'll still be able to pick it up even though it won't be your name on the box. Hopefully, they'll release it to you.

thanks

We had it early October. It had a coffee pot ... I can't remember the size. We didn't use it. There was filters, but nothing else. I didn't think about packing coffee.

Hi Krystal,

Sent you a PM. I see the fridge is still available Dec. 7-10. I know I originally said I wouldn't worry about getting in the swap, but now I've changed my mind and would like to have it during that time frame.

Thanks.

We're coming down Sept 19-25. Staying at POP. Is there a way I can get on the list?

I have the 19th-24th available. If you want those dates please see post 1 and send me your confirmation info. :thumbsup2

Hi Krystal,

Sent you a PM. I see the fridge is still available Dec. 7-10. I know I originally said I wouldn't worry about getting in the swap, but now I've changed my mind and would like to have it during that time frame.

Thanks.

Got the PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter