Krystal's FREE Pop swap! CLOSED-Thank you Pop Century for adding fridges!

krystalleigh1

DIS Veteran
Check to see if your vacation dates are open before asking me about availability. Current list is at the bottom of post 1. Saves me a lot of time responding to posts where people never checked the list first: )

The list of swappers and available dates are on page 1 (bottom of post 1).Also, once you send me your confirmation info you are IN the swap. Please don't join if you are not going to commit to following through with the swap. I have so many people confirm, and then cancel a few weeks before their swap that it's driving me crazy!!! If you want in the swap please only join 1 swap. I am organizing this swap for free and it's a HUGE PITA to keep re-doing the list, and sending out swap instructions to people who back out right before their trip.

WHY A FRIDGE SWAP?
Currently, Disney charges $10 a night to "rent" their fridge. A fridge swap is a way to save money. Depending on how many people are in the swap the cost of the fridge is split between participants so they end up paying a lot less than if they were to rent a fridge from Pop for their entire stay. There is no cost to our fridge swap. It was paid for a long time ago by previous swappers. It will be free for as long as the swap keeps going.

WHAT KIND OF FRIDGE?
photo3-1.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo6.jpg

HOW DO I JOIN THE SWAP?
First-see if your dates are available (look below). Then PM me (krystalleigh1) if you're interested. Use the following format:

Subject of PM: Fridge swap Jan 1-15, 2011 (example-use the dates you actually want as the subject line)

Then in the body of the text I will need your confirmation info:

Name:
Name on reservation:
Confirmation number:
Phone number where you can be reached while at WDW:
e-mail:
The fridge will be in MY possession and this is the only swap I have signed up for: Y/N

**Important-please only sign up for the swap if YOU will be in charge of the fridge and it will be in YOUR possession. You are no longer allowed to sign up for someone else. If they want in on the swap they must sign up themselves. Also, I can no longer allow anyone to join the swap if I have no way to reach you while you are at WDW. That means you must have access to a cell phone or e-mail account to join.

WHY DO YOU NEED MY CONFIRMATION NUMBER?
If you are unable to swap the fridge in person with the swapper directly before you the fridge will be held at luggage services. If we put your full name, confirmation #, and check in date on the box when it's taken to luggage services-there is much less chance it will get lost in the shuffle. We want to make sure we have a much info. as possible to put on the box so that Pop can find the box and you can use it. And in turn the swap can keep going. Once the fridge is lost (and it does happen) the swap is over and everyone that has signed up after you is out of luck.

HOW DO I PAY? HOW MUCH?
The swap is free. If the fridge gets low on supplies such as antibacterial wipes or packing tape we may ask you to donate those to keep the fridge and box in good condition.

WHAT ARE MY RESPONSABILITIES AS A SWAPPER?

You are responsible for arranging times, with the swapper before you and the swapper after you, to complete the "swap". Things will run a lot smoother if we do the swap in person from DISer to DISer. The less it goes behind the desk at Pop the better. IF you must leave it at luggage services at Pop you must place a note on the fridge box that contains the full name of the next swapper, check in date, and confirmation #. That way there is less chance of it getting lost by staff. The fridge box must be kept in good condition-that leads to a longer swap when it goes in and out of luggage services. You are responsible for getting back with me after I have tried to contact you. You are also responsible for keeping the fridge in your possession while you are participating in the swap-that means you cannot sign sign up to be in the swap for someone else. They must do that themselves. You must have a way for me to contact you at WDW as well (cell phone or e-mail). Also, please, please, please let me know if your plans change and you will no longer be able to participate in the swap. The sooner you know the better. AND OUT OF CONSIDERATION FOR ALL SWAPPERS, OR THOSE LOOKING FOR A SWAP, PLEASE ONLY SIGN UP FOR ONE FRIDGE SWAP.

HOW DO I CLEAN THE FRIDGE?
Please completely de-frost the fridge and wipe it dry if you will be bringing it to luggage services or placing it in the box. Also, please wipe down the inside and outside with disenfectant wipes. If you are able to do an in person swap with the next swapper you don't need to defrost it, but please clean it out as much as possible. IMPORTANT: The life of the swap depends on keeping that box in good shape!! We lost the box once before and then our fridge was permanently lost a few weeks later. Luckily we had another fridge donated to the swap to keep it running.

ANY THING ELSE?
All swappers rely on the honesty of the other swappers when doing this. Please let us know as soon as possible should your plans change and you are unable to participate. Once you are at Pop you are expected to pick up the fridge-so please do that-otherwise it'll get lost in limbo at luggage services. There are at least several different fridge swapps going on now-which makes it extremely important to swap in person. Othewise, Pop will be overwhelmed with fridges to store and inevitably they will get lost.

01/28 - 02/03 * cyberjyd Confirmed
02/04 - 02/11 * disneyygirrl Confirmed
02/11 - 02/15 * sholey01 Confirmed
02/15 - 02/21 * Cheetoh Confirmed
03/04 - 03/10 * Em61210 Confirmed
03/15 - 03/18 * Mom2Brooke Confirmed
03/24 - 03/31 * MySportsTeamsStink Confirmed
04/07 - 04/14 * bricea Confirmed
04/15 - 04/20 * pjpoppins Confirmed
04/23 - 05/03 * tammz-Confirmed
05/10 - 05/14 * yolie912 Confirmed
05/23 - 05/31 * FallenAsh Confirmed
06/05 - 06/19 * Random65 Confirmed
08/09 - 08/16 * just2girls1 Confirmed
08/19 - 08/29 * wolf29 Confirmed
09/15 - 09/23 * chimilady Confirmed
10/25 - 10-29 * mama2ella Confirmed
11/01 - 11/08 * don604 Confirmed
11/15 - 11/23 * TULIPS1726 Confirmed (need e-mail)

Alternates:
04/21 - 04/30 * lauralong81
06/03 - 06/11 * dreams4disney

Thanks so much. My sister is Bell of the ball and we are all going together!!!

Ah, so that explains why Cupmom kept bumping the other thread but not adding her dates! ;)

Thanks for taking over this new swap, kristalliegh - the link and open dates have been added to the "Pop swap" sticky!

I'm interested in this too. We are going from 11/16 until 11/22. I'll send a pm from home with the reservation number.

Had to shorten our trip-haven't changed the counter yet!

We can finalize the details after we see how many people are signed up. Anyone want to me my co-organizer? I'm willing to take on some responsability, but would like someone to help finalize details, help track down the fridge should it get lost, etc. Anyone interested?

Those who are interested (included those people listed below) please pm me with the following info: full name on reservation, cell number (number you'll have when in WDW) reservation # and e-mail address. Here's who I have so far:

Swap A
radev104 6/18 - 6/29 (if we can fill the time between 6/29-8/14)
SchotzieDB 8/14 - 8/27
bell.of.the.ball 8/27 - 9/3 Confirmed
pamrob 9/4- 9/8
renae0118 9/8 - 9/15
krystalleigh1 9/17 - 9/24 Confirmed
2forMe 9/24 - 10/1
Creola 12/9- 12/15 Confirmed
RachaelRol 12/19 - 12/28 (if the swap is going this long)

So looks like we have the following open:

6/29-8/14
9/15-9/17
10/1-12/9

I just PMed you, I would love to be in for August 7-14, and I will help however I can (I am before you so I can't take over after you, but maybe I can help get it started!):cheer2:

If renae0118 9/8 - 9/15 changes her mind could I have the spot?

It's looking great so far! I'll keep updating as much as possible. Don't forget to send me your e-mail too, so that way I can send a bunch of e-mails from my own e-mail address (can only PM 5 at a time I think).

That's all for now. I'll update again soon. Keep bumping!:goodvibes

krystalleigh1,

I don't know how to PM you, but we definitely want in. September 8-15. Tell me how to PM you or give me your email address and I will send you all of the information that you need.

Thanks!!!
Renae :woohoo:

krystalleigh1,

I sent you a PM (I think). Let me know if you do not receive it and still need my info.

Thanks!!
Renae

To PM you have to go to the part (uper left hand of my post right above the picutre) that says my name. Left click. You'll have a list of actions. Click on the option to send me a PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter