Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be both. We went at Easter one year (April) and needed sweatshirts some mornings and evenings. I'd plan warm weather clothing that can be layered. You'll probably only need the layers in the early mornings and evenings.

I hope your daughter feels better soon.

That's what I was figuring. I guess I'll carry sweatshirts for all of us and maybe some footless tights for Drew to put on with her skirts if it gets cold. I am really torn about my older dd though. I don't know if it is going to be cool enough during the day for her to wear capri jeans or not. I have a feeling that I am basically going to have to pack for 2 trips!

How is your new sewing machine? Have you worked much on it yet?

What is Voldemort? I was thinking it was Walmart but now I'm not so sure.

I think they mean ebay. Speaking of which, I haven't seen much cute Disney stuff on there lately. I guess it's because of the slow vacation season, not too many people buying customs getting ready for vacations.

Ok, it's Monday!!! We're waiting!!!!

You are so cute!!!

I had to go out to Jo Ann's this morning because of what happened in the middle of the night last night. Everything was going along swimmingly. I was about to attacht the two skirts when I saw that I made two duplicate velvet fronts!!! I should have had two parts but one should have been the mirror image.

I had the velvet but not all the extra trim so off to Jo Ann's I went. Now I have to recut the velvet, surge, hem, sew and add trim and piping!!! Then I can attach the skirts.

I am going to take a photo of the complete bodice and I will post in a couple of minutes!

I am trying to decide if I "need" to go to JoAnn today or if I "need" to stay home and keep my $$$$ in my checking acct. I have a sick kid so I'd be leaving dh and dd's at home and going all on my own. I need to sit and think about what I would actually be looking for. Who am I kidding???? I will most likely be going!

I am going to officially book my ESPN weekend trip tomorrow! I have some pretty cute ideas for an ESPN outfit for dd(will be 6 in march) and a top for dd(will be 10). What type of clothes do you experts suggest for March. I have only ever been in June and Sept/Oct when you wear as little as possible, so I am not sure if I need to dress a little warmer or not. I don't usually put anybody in jeans or capris, is March jeans weather or shorts weather?????

Hey, we are going the same weekend. I would love input for March weather. It was hotter than hades in June!!! My DH said never again. We will be at MGM on one of the ESPN days.

While I am waiting for the pics . . .

I took my DD to the fabric store with me today. Why I do not know? I told her we are going to be really quick beacuse I only need replacement trim. As we are walking to the trim she sees basketball fabric and yells- GO NAVY BEAT ARMY! My Mom works for the Navel Academy Athletic Association. She is the Admin Assit. for Women's Basketball and Men's Lacrosse.

Keep in mind DD is three. She starts jumping up and down yelling I found it! I found it! Let's make a Navy dress Mommy! Then she bounces as say Woohoohoohoo just like Roo. So my five dollar trip turned into a $25 trip after we picked out all of the blue and gold fabric we could need. The funny thing was I never told DD I asked someone to cut out Go Navy! Beat Army! for us.

We then went to Hancocks to look for Navy Fabric. No luck but all of the thread is 50% off today. So, I stocked up. DD was matching the thread colors to her different dresses. It was too funny!

Okay, finally here is Belle. I am off to fix the skirt now.

BelleChristmasDress001.jpg

BelleChristmasDress002.jpg

BelleChristmasDress003.jpg

Thank you all for the compliments on Gracie's outfits. I need to tell you, since some of you are fairly new to the thread and don't know me... I didn't make *any* of the sets! They were all bought from sellers on Voldemort!

I didn't want to take credit for talent that I don't have. I'm just really good at shopping!:lmao:

Never underestimate the power of a good shopper. :)

So how did shopping go today Lisa??? You are such a good mom! :love:

I got tired almost as quickly as I do when Zoe's with me so now I guess it's not constantly having to check where she is that wears me out. LOL I didn't even go to my favorite fabric store in the area. I did find a cute purple princess tee at Target for Zoe. It was with the Halloween tees and leggings but I'm not sure why. It's got crystal lettering that says Princess with a silver foil crown. It's kind of Goth in look so that could be why it's considered Halloween but I'm sure Zoe will want to wear it year round.

(And Frankenpattern would be.....:confused3 )

I believe that is when elements from more than one pattern are combined to make a garment.

I took my DD to the fabric store with me today. Why I do not know? I told her we are going to be really quick beacuse I only need replacement trim. As we are walking to the trim she sees basketball fabric and yells- GO NAVY BEAT ARMY! My Mom works for the Navel Academy Athletic Association. She is the Admin Assit. for Women's Basketball and Men's Lacrosse.

Keep in mind DD is three. She starts jumping up and down yelling I found it! I found it! Let's make a Navy dress Mommy! Then she bounces as say Woohoohoohoo just like Roo. So my five dollar trip turned into a $25 trip after we picked out all of the blue and gold fabric we could need. The funny thing was I never told DD I asked someone to cut out Go Navy! Beat Army! for us.

We then went to Hancocks to look for Navy Fabric. No luck but all of the thread is 50% off today. So, I stocked up. DD was matching the thread colors to her different dresses. It was too funny!

Gorgeous Belle Bodice. Just wait until your younger daughter can start asking for things too. I'm off to Joann's today to get fabric for the Renaissance Princess dress for DD7 and Snow White for DD5, both for Halloween. Luckily DS is a Green Power Ranger.

And all I have to say is.....

GO AIR FORCE!!!

PS - I know my Hancocks has the Navy print, along with many other colleges, if you can't find it I can get it for you.

Hey, we are going the same weekend. I would love input for March weather. It was hotter than hades in June!!! My DH said never again. We will be at MGM on one of the ESPN days.

I am waiting for dh to get home from running an errand and then I am off to JoAnn for some fabric for an ESPN outfit. I see the "novelty" prints are on sale and I want to get the one's with the different balls on them with an extra 10%.

Did you guys plan around ESPN? Dh watched that on t.v. last year and was so jealous. He always says that he wants to vacation someplace else before we go back to DW and then he always ends up picking DW! He won't admit it but he loves it as much as the girls and I do!!

Cathy,

I think I may have created the term "Franken-pattern." When I was little my Dad fixed the lawn mover with several broken lawn mowers (that he could not part with.) We called it Franken-mower. Anyway, we had a whole series of Franken-fill in the blanks. I think his favorite was the Franken-vacuum. When I had the idea for Cinderella's work dress I knew I needed a few patterns. I think it is up to five now. :rotfl2:

The Franken-pattern was born.

I normally get ideas and then try to match the ideas to the patterns. I buy the patterns when they are on sale. Kind of for a rainy day. When Simplicity was $.99 I think I bought ever costume pattern my little heart desired. My DD loves to dress up. She asked me to make her a Captain Hook costume today. I told her it would go on the list but not to hold her breath! The good thing is I have the pattern.

I have a project notebook. When I went fabric shopping this weekend I brought my notebook. I had already written my supply list. When I got to the cutting counter everything was organized. I was hoping it would make them move faster. I was wrong!!!

The Belle dress is coming along so well. I have the bodice, sleeves, gold skirt, and rose bows done. I ran into a problem with the velvet over skirt. I made two matching sides. I have to redo one side. I have the extra velvet but I do not have enough trim. I was going to make a cape from the extra velvet but I will just wait and do that closer to our trip.

I will post pics on Monday. The trims have been a lot of work but I love the way they are turning out!

That is hilarious!!! When I got married my mom bought a necklace that we liked the center part of but not the rest so much, so we bought a couple of bracelets on clearance and put one on each side of the center (not a pendant-like 4 daisies made w/ pearls) when everyone asked where I got my necklace I told them my mom "Frankensteined" it for me. I always refer to her ability to reconstruct anything as frankensteining... like mom I have this shirt, but I like these sleeves better, could you do the frankenstein thing???

Great minds think alike, CLEARLY!

Ok I hope I am helping. I bought a half yard and haven't touched it mine says (AN ORIGINAL SCREEN PRINT BY JENNY AND JEFF DESIGNS 2006 EXCLUSIVELY AT JOANNS.) Again I hope this helps. Oh yea now that i think about it on my receipt called something like the smily one eyed skull.

Great thanks! I can call some JoAnns with that info and hopefully they have something.

OMG, so pretty. I love the roses on the sleeves :love:

Cathy,

I think I may have created the term "Franken-pattern." When I was little my Dad fixed the lawn mover with several broken lawn mowers (that he could not part with.) We called it Franken-mower. Anyway, we had a whole series of Franken-fill in the blanks. I think his favorite was the Franken-vacuum. When I had the idea for Cinderella's work dress I knew I needed a few patterns. I think it is up to five now. :rotfl2:

The Franken-pattern was born.

Baaahhaaaaaa:rotfl2: this is the funniest thing...I love it...gotta add it to my vocabulary. You know what we say a lot.... "Jimmy"... it means lots of things...usually getting less of something or something is smaller than normal. Like a "jimmy" ice cream cone (small), and "jimmy" paycheck (not much money), etc. Once you get used to it you use it all the time! :rotfl:

I
have a project notebook. When I went fabric shopping this weekend I brought my notebook. I had already written my supply list. When I got to the cutting counter everything was organized. I was hoping it would make them move faster. I was wrong!!!

I ran into Walmart to get some fabric while on vacation. It took me 10 minutes to pick out like 10 different fabrics and another 40 min for her to cut it. I kid you not.:faint:

The Belle dress is coming along so well. I have the bodice, sleeves, gold skirt, and rose bows done. I ran into a problem with the velvet over skirt. I made two matching sides. I have to redo one side.
Ahhh yes, you always gotta watch when to flip the pattern piece over so its upside down. :rolleyes1 Details! ;)

Awww how cute is that! I wouldn't be able to resist. My DH is a big FL Gators fan so I was going to get some fabric and make something for the girls to wear while the game is on....sort of surprise him with it! :flower3:

We then went to Hancocks to look for Navy Fabric. No luck but all of the thread is 50% off today. So, I stocked up.
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Wowza! I just love it...it looks really hard to do though but its coming out stunningly! Is your DH impressed? I can clearly see your DD is!!! :love:

I got tired almost as quickly as I do when Zoe's with me so now I guess it's not constantly having to check where she is that wears me out. LOL I didn't even go to my favorite fabric store in the area.
So did you get the narrow heam foot or whatever it was? I would love to know if it works cause it would help with all of the ruffles etc. popcorn:: That funny about looking around for Zoe! I have three to watch for so really shopping with them is next to impossible. Believe me I have tried. They are good while you are on the move but once you stop its all over :sad2:

I did find a cute purple princess tee at Target for Zoe. It was with the Halloween tees and leggings but I'm not sure why. It's got crystal lettering that says Princess with a silver foil crown. It's kind of Goth in look so that could be why it's considered Halloween but I'm sure Zoe will want to wear it year round.
Sounds really neat!

I believe that is when elements from more than one pattern are combined to make a garment.

Yup! That's it. Great word!

We are home from a weekend at the World. My DD did not get to wear all of her customs. We did not do some of the activities I had planned, TOOOOOOO HOT! I will upload some pictures in a bit. (Have quite a few pages to catch up on LOL 25 pages to be exact :))

Tink 561,

I think you asked on another post about Little Einsteins toys? They are for sale at DTD. I took a pic of what is available for you. I will post as soon as I upload all my pics. They had a few things at MGM but saw more at DTD.

100_1208.jpg

Tink 561,

I think you asked on another post about Little Einsteins toys? They are for sale at DTD. I took a pic of what is available for you. I will post as soon as I upload all my pics. They had a few things at MGM but saw more at DTD.

Thanks!

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share some pictures of my daugther's birthday party (and cake) that we had yesterday! Hope everyone is doing good!

The outfit.....

100_0775.jpg

100_0773.jpg

The cake....

100_0769.jpg

The rides....

100_0782.jpg

100_0785.jpg

100_0783.jpg

100_0792.jpg

We had an awesome time!! Have a great Labor Day weekend everyone!

Linda

My three year old just informed me I need to get back to work so I guess my break is over!

Here is the bodice so far. I have the back sewed on also. I just did not photograph that as well. I also surged all the seems and the piping turned out better than I expected. Using the zipper foot is great for piping!!!

Here you go-

BelleChristmasDress008.jpg

BelleChristmasDress007.jpg

It looks great so far. I can't wait to see it finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter