Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
just a note, on the back of E6000 glue it says "according to CA law, content can cause cancer." Just an fyi before you go buy it.

I believe there is some law in CA now that tells manufacturers of any type of chemical to put that label on the packaging. I bought an iron and the wiring might have some lead in it and it had a label about cancer on it. Oh, please. I really think you will be fine.

Can someone please remind me what pattern you'all were using to make those apron tops back in the old days of this thread?

I was thinking maybe I'd run to JoAnn tomorrow and get it for $1.99 if it's a McCalls.

Can someone please remind me what pattern you'all were using to make those apron tops back in the old days of this thread?

I was thinking maybe I'd run to JoAnn tomorrow and get it for $1.99 if it's a McCalls.

I believe it was Butterick 5019 (that's the one I bought.)

Tammy

I am going to be there the 7-15 next week. Anyone else there at this time? I think I will be going up to every kid with customs on asking if they on Disboards. :lmao: My little guy will only have on a couple of things...the Pooh Jon Jon the 8th and the Mickey one (with the buttons on the belly) for MNSSHP the 14th & I will have on my Minnie Skirt. :goodvibes

Finally, here are the outfits we took to Disney. PLEASE PARDON the wrinkles. I took pics when the clothes were sitting in the "I need to iron" pile.

These first ones I made for DD4's birthday party on Aug. 18. She wanted a Nemo theme. I made the skirts and added the appliques to the tops. The girls picked the top they wanted. I then added some fabric applique to a top for me. DS1's outfit I have posted before.

This is my top and DD5's top and skirt.
DSC06656.jpg

This is DS1's shirt and shorts and DD4's top and skirt.
DSC06655.jpg

Here's another pic of the skirts.
DD4
DSC06658.jpg

DD5
DSC06657.jpg

I posted the pic of the Minnie dress before. I made a top to match for me and shirt and shorts for DS1.
DSC06654.jpg

This is what we wore to the Pirate & Princess Party. It rained most of the night. :sad1: But I met Captain Jack Sparrow!!!:cloud9:

DD5 and DD4 wore matching skirts that I made. The bottom layer is white with a wide Minnie dot ruffle at the bottom. (It's a good thing I bought 10 yards of the Minnie fabric. I've used probably 1/2 yard already!:rotfl2: ) The middle layer is white, red and black tulle. The top is the pirate fabric with two rows of red ric-rac at the bottom. The Minnie shirts were bought at WDW on a previous trip.
DSC06659.jpg

These are the overalls I made for DS1. There's a pirate Mickey on the bib. (They're a little big. They fit DD4 very well.) This is the top I made for myself. The front is shirred.
DSC06660.jpg

The backs. There's a Mickey on the back of the overalls. And I pirate Mickey on the back of my shirt!
DSC06661.jpg

I've posted this pic before. This is the dress I made for DN10. She's the one who picked out the fabric. This is DD5 modeling it.
DSC06568.jpg

I also made a top for DN6, but don't have a pic.

I'm one of those people who buys too much fabric. I thought I bought enough fabric to make DN10's dress and look how much I had left over! I made 2 skirts, 2 tops, and accents on the overalls. I even have some for a Halloween twirl skirt that's on my to-do list.

And here's pics of dresses my sister made for my DD4 and DD5.
DSC06662.jpg

We are going to be there the 16th-20th. I will have to keep my eyes peeled for any finely dressed children while we are there. I will only have a few things, since I am scared of my sewing machine!

The things you all are posting are just amazing!!

Hi Everyone!
I "Disney-fied" some capris for my DD9 tonight. Actually I was on this thread when the cable went out for some reason. So I took that as a cue to go get sewing!!! :cool1:

DD wanted a ruffle and lots of patches. She picked out all of the colors etc.:

IMGP4008.jpg

One leg:

IMGP4009.jpg

The other leg:

IMGP4010.jpg

The back:

IMGP4011.jpg

She was really excited about it! I caught her practically twirling back to her room with her "new" capris on! ;)

IMGP4014.jpg

I probably should make a shirt to go with it.....but for now she has her Minnie t-shirt.....:thumbsup2

OK now everyone is in bed and the cable is up (obviously) so now I am going to read today's posts!!!:surfweb: :cheer2:

This is my top and DD5's top and skirt.
DSC06656.jpg

This is DS1's shirt and shorts and DD4's top and skirt.
DSC06655.jpg

Here's another pic of the skirts.
DD4
DSC06658.jpg

DD5
DSC06657.jpg

I posted the pic of the Minnie dress before. I made a top to match for me and shirt and shorts for DS1.
DSC06654.jpg

This is what we wore to the Pirate & Princess Party. It rained most of the night. :sad1: But I met Captain Jack Sparrow!!!:cloud9:

DD5 and DD4 wore matching skirts that I made. The bottom layer is white with a wide Minnie dot ruffle at the bottom. (It's a good thing I bought 10 yards of the Minnie fabric. I've used probably 1/2 yard already!:rotfl2: ) The middle layer is white, red and black tulle. The top is the pirate fabric with two rows of red ric-rac at the bottom. The Minnie shirts were bought at WDW on a previous trip.
DSC06659.jpg

These are the overalls I made for DS1. There's a pirate Mickey on the bib. (They're a little big. They fit DD4 very well.) This is the top I made for myself. The front is shirred.
DSC06660.jpg

The backs. There's a Mickey on the back of the overalls. And I pirate Mickey on the back of my shirt!
DSC06661.jpg

I've posted this pic before. This is the dress I made for DN10. She's the one who picked out the fabric. This is DD5 modeling it.
DSC06568.jpg

And here's pics of dresses my sister made for my DD4 and DD5.
DSC06662.jpg

I love everything -- but especially the NEMO outfits-- the color combo is AWESOME!!!!

Great job on these -- so cute!!!

I have to say that I LOVE looking at this thread even though I have been a lurker. I have been so inspired by all of the talented people here. I wasn't even thinking about sewing until a few months into reading the thread. Well, this weekend I officially took the plunge. It isn't Disney but I have a few outfits I want to make first and then I am starting on some Disney things for our upcoming trip.

Here is DD's dress for picture day at school. My mother stood over my shoulder the entire time directing me. But I am pretty proud to have done it myself, even if she was directing LOL ;) The inspiration for this dress came from another one on the this thread. Thanks! I already see things I would have done different but oh well.
dsc0745ws6.jpg

dsc0747jv2.jpg

I am so excited to finally be able to share and not just lurk LOL :)

Thank you all for the compliments on Gracie's outfits. I need to tell you, since some of you are fairly new to the thread and don't know me... I didn't make *any* of the sets! They were all bought from sellers on Voldemort!

I didn't want to take credit for talent that I don't have. I'm just really good at shopping!:lmao:

oh my goodness!
You could make these for a 3-Ring Binder!
And use the tabs for super fast location ...
Might be time for me to re-do my trims ;)

Truthfully you could but I like yours just as well. Sometimes you can "over-organize" and spend more time organizing stuff and making it pretty. My motto is make it neat and functional....! :rolleyes: Your sewing room is to die for already! Really I think I dream about it every night!! :rotfl2:

My Dh and I went on an afternoon date today. I told him Jo Ann's was having a sale on a lot of stuff I needed- funny need!

I gave him some choices-

1. I could go by myself.
2. We could all go.
3. I could take the girls.
4. I could take one girl.
5. We could make it a date and go alone!

He picked number 5!!!!
Didn't I mention already how much I love these?? Yes??? See I am confuzzled with the computer system going down on me today...well, I still love em! I can't believe you are already using them. You know what I like? You bought the pattern and obviously plannned out what you needed in terms of fabric and trims etc. Half the time I am wondering around the fabric store with an unfamiliar pattern wondering what notions I REALLY need to get. I like to study the pattern at home first and plan whats needed like you did! Great job and I love the color combos and the cool trims etc!! :goodvibes

I love "I Can only Imagine"!!!! Great song choice!
Thanks Lexeka!!! :cloud9:

Wow only 20 days left for you right??? I love your DD's dresses....great job mom!!! :thumbsup2

You know, I just noticed this in your siggie last night also. It is my very favorite song. I even found a board book of this song for my little ones.
Every time I hear it I cry--never fails. That song just gives me goose bumps.
Awww thanks Cheerbop!!! :cheer2: Me too!!! :cloud9: I can't wait!!!!!! ;)

I really want to get a narrow hem foot. I've heard mixed reviews of them. Some people love them while others just can't get theirs to work. I'm going shopping today - without Zoe!!! I'll try to remember to look for one because I think if it worked, it would be a big time saver.
I think I'll look for some of that while I'm out shopping. I just have to be careful about spending - I haven't been able to do much shopping alone in the past few years so when I get the chance, I take advantage of the chance to browse to my heart's content... and just have to remind myself that it doesn't mean I need to buy more than I would if Zoe was there.
So how did shopping go today Lisa??? You are such a good mom! :love:

My three year old just informed me I need to get back to work so I guess my break is over!

Here is the bodice so far. I have the back sewed on also. I just did not photograph that as well. I also surged all the seems and the piping turned out better than I expected. Using the zipper foot is great for piping!!!

Here you go[/IMG]

Yaaaaa :cheer2: how professional that looks! I love it! Keep going!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Oh yes I did remember one question for you...what is that pattern code word from????(Frankenpattern or something lie that?)

For those that were looking at making a tutu, here's my first attempt. I used 9 and a half yards of tulle that comes on the bolt and cut it myself into 6 inch strips. I didn't think it took all that long to tie. I added some sparkly tulle and ribbon as well. Not sure how well you can see it.
Great job Jajone....that was a study in patience huh?!!!! It came out great though! :thumbsup2

Here are the pictures of the customs we'll be taking next week for Gracie. I took pictures of the outfits with matching bows, jewels and shoes. Some have more than one choice of shoes! I'm waiting on one more thing that may or may not go to Disney... a tulle Minnie dress from Voldemort... it's over the top! If I think it will work for MNSSHP I will take it, if not Gracie will wear Snow White and use the Minnie tulle dress at home.

So, if you're at Disney next week and see us... say hi!

OK my jaw dropped and all I can say is :worship: :faint: Outstanding and amazing collection there! Please Please Please takes pics and show us when you get back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cathy,

Thanks so much! I bought all my patterns when the Simplicity patterns were on sale for $.99. I made DD and DH buy patterns too!

I bought a pattern for a colonial dress. It reminded me of a Felicity American Girl dress. I thought maybe someday. Well, it looked almost just like Belle's Christmas dress. I also bought a bunch of formal dress patterns. I wanted to make Ariel's pink dress. One was so close to Cinderella's pink dress I was surprised.

I have a bunch of projects too. I started Megra but cannot get the rolled hem right. So, that went back in the ziploc bag. I am working on a black and white polkie dot number that I promised DD for school Tuesday:scared1: Then I have all of these new creations. I also have a couple of Halloween outfits cut and ready to piece together.

I think I need to make a list.

See you sound like me :rotfl2: I have more ideas than time....especially now that I have to go back to work! Please keep us posted....
(BTW, What is "Megra"?)

I scored some Minnie dot fabric at Waldemart this week, and this is what I turned it into. Rebecca loves her twirl skirt, so I used the YCMT triple ruffle halter dress pattern, and changed the skirt to something more like the twirl skirt she loves. Is this officially a frankenpattern? (LOL, love that phrase!) We're off to the MK tomorrow...Labor Day is usually pretty quiet, so we've made kind of a tradition of going there the past few years.

100_2351.jpg
Beautiful top! My DD9 needs it to go with her pants I just jazzed up :rotfl2: Have a great day Monday...I wish I could sneak off to Disney tomorrow....its the boring old beach for me tomorrrow :rolleyes:

(And Frankenpattern would be.....:confused3 )

Yeesh why am I so out of the loop here???? :rolleyes1

Finally, here are the outfits we took to Disney. PLEASE PARDON the wrinkles. I took pics when the clothes were sitting in the "I need to iron" pile.

Great outfits....love the matchy stuff!!! Have fun on your trip!!!! Take pics!! :goodvibes

There are not even words - these are all totally gorgeous and I'm officially jealous.:thumbsup2 I can't wait to see pics when you get back...I'm in love with all of them but really really like tink, belle, small world...oh nevermind they are all fabulous!!!!!!

Here are the pictures of the customs we'll be taking next week for Gracie. I took pictures of the outfits with matching bows, jewels and shoes. Some have more than one choice of shoes! I'm waiting on one more thing that may or may not go to Disney... a tulle Minnie dress from Voldemort... it's over the top! If I think it will work for MNSSHP I will take it, if not Gracie will wear Snow White and use the Minnie tulle dress at home.

So, if you're at Disney next week and see us... say hi!:thumbsup2

DSC_0017.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_0159.jpg
[/IMG]

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

These next two outfits will be used for diaper bag outfits in case a quick change in the park is needed. Usually Gracie isn't messy but just in case...

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

I have to say that I LOVE looking at this thread even though I have been a lurker. I have been so inspired by all of the talented people here. I wasn't even thinking about sewing until a few months into reading the thread. Well, this weekend I officially took the plunge. It isn't Disney but I have a few outfits I want to make first and then I am starting on some Disney things for our upcoming trip.

Here is DD's dress for picture day at school. My mother stood over my shoulder the entire time directing me. But I am pretty proud to have done it myself, even if she was directing LOL ;) The inspiration for this dress came from another one on the this thread. Thanks! I already see things I would have done different but oh well.
dsc0745ws6.jpg

dsc0747jv2.jpg

I am so excited to finally be able to share and not just lurk LOL :)

Ohhhh wow!!! That's impressive!!! :thumbsup2 I love the letter fabric! Does your DD just love it :love: !!! Glad you could share!

Tink - One more thing....I would be afraid to check my luggage with that stuff in it...are you flying? I hope not! Oh wait...don't you live in FL? :confused3

HOLY COW! Tink, that is one cool wardrobe for your trip! I REALLY love the calico Snow White dress. And all the little details and accessories! princess: Her "spare" outfits are nicer than most of my dd's vacation-wear!

#1Pocahontas- VERY nice school dress! I need to try a vertical twirl skirt. You did a great job! Can I borrow your mother to stand over my shoulder?? I'd really like the personal tutorial (as long as she wasn't bossy or over-critical- ;) )

HOLY COW! Tink, that is one cool wardrobe for your trip! I REALLY love the calico Snow White dress. And all the little details and accessories! princess: Her "spare" outfits are nicer than most of my dd's vacation-wear!

That's what my friend who is meeting us there told me! Like I have said before, after three boys.... I tend to go overboard.;)

For all you Pirates and Princess fans... princess: pirate:

I found this cute tote on eBay.
tote.jpg

I emailed the seller, and she said she could put the design on a smaller, trick or treat type tote, too. I thought it would be perfect for all those little Halloween pirates at MNSSHP or P&P party.

You can search PIRATE PRINCESS TOTE to find it.

These first ones I made for DD4's birthday party on Aug. 18. She wanted a Nemo theme. I made the skirts and added the appliques to the tops. The girls picked the top they wanted. I then added some fabric applique to a top for me. DS1's outfit I have posted before.

Is the pirate fabric from JoAnns? Do you know the name of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter