Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tink 561,

I added the LE toys pic to my previous post.

Here is my DD at Chef Mickeys in her minnie dot spinny skirt.
100_1264.jpg

While I am waiting for the pics . . .

I took my DD to the fabric store with me today. Why I do not know? I told her we are going to be really quick beacuse I only need replacement trim. As we are walking to the trim she sees basketball fabric and yells- GO NAVY BEAT ARMY! My Mom works for the Navel Academy Athletic Association. She is the Admin Assit. for Women's Basketball and Men's Lacrosse.

Keep in mind DD is three. She starts jumping up and down yelling I found it! I found it! Let's make a Navy dress Mommy! Then she bounces as say Woohoohoohoo just like Roo. So my five dollar trip turned into a $25 trip after we picked out all of the blue and gold fabric we could need. The funny thing was I never told DD I asked someone to cut out Go Navy! Beat Army! for us.

We then went to Hancocks to look for Navy Fabric. No luck but all of the thread is 50% off today. So, I stocked up. DD was matching the thread colors to her different dresses. It was too funny!

Okay, finally here is Belle. I am off to fix the skirt now.

BelleChristmasDress001.jpg

BelleChristmasDress002.jpg

BelleChristmasDress003.jpg

Aimee the bodice is just beautiful. Can't wait to see the completed dress.

I took my DD to the fabric store with me today. Why I do not know? I told her we are going to be really quick beacuse I only need replacement trim. As we are walking to the trim she sees basketball fabric and yells- GO NAVY BEAT ARMY! My Mom works for the Navel Academy Athletic Association. She is the Admin Assit. for Women's Basketball and Men's Lacrosse.

Keep in mind DD is three. She starts jumping up and down yelling I found it! I found it! Let's make a Navy dress Mommy! Then she bounces as say Woohoohoohoo just like Roo. So my five dollar trip turned into a $25 trip after we picked out all of the blue and gold fabric we could need. The funny thing was I never told DD I asked someone to cut out Go Navy! Beat Army! for us.

We then went to Hancocks to look for Navy Fabric. No luck but all of the thread is 50% off today. So, I stocked up. DD was matching the thread colors to her different dresses. It was too funny!

BelleChristmasDress001.jpg

BelleChristmasDress002.jpg

BelleChristmasDress003.jpg

Aimee, I found "navy" like material at Hancocks. Yellow and Navy dots, calicos eetc, plus waves and some stars. I don't care for the "Navy" material I see so much. Only because i wanted something more Naval Academy then Navy. I am having a pair of jeans made for DD that will have blue and gold lettering "Go Navy, Beat Army" on the jeans legs. I plan on making (sigh yes making) a dress to go over it. I did find nice ribbon and trim at Hancocks (I think we talked about this before on here) but formal.

The Belle dress is just breathtaking. Simply amazing! I am so in love with this! Even more than the Ren. Fest dress!!

mini creation. DD loves this outfit and it was SOOOO easy!!!

100_2582.jpg

You can't say something is easy, and not tell us how to do it!!! I have been wanting to try a pair of pants like that forever!!

Fortunately, someone got a good pic of dd in her Cinderella dress at the party Saturday. The headband & necklace stayed on for aout 2 minutes, but we did finally convince her to wear the dress. Royalty is sooooo tempermental! ;)

DSCF0126_119.jpg

Teresa, for the topsy-turvy doll, I found a pattern for a doll about the right size & cut it on the fold just above the legs. I kind of made up the clothes as I went along.

Nope, sorry. The treasure map fabric I bought from Joann's in late June. It coordinates with the Pirate Skull fabric.

I'll have to check out those sheets you're talking about, though. We're always looking for Pirate stuff around this house!

Chantell

You're absolutely correct although they are a little similar...the PBK sheets are super cute though!

th_BelleChristmasDress001.jpg

th_BelleChristmasDress002.jpg

th_BelleChristmasDress003.jpg

Oh I know someone here would love the Navy fabric....Where are you Maureen?

That dress is stunning! I'm so impressed. I hope I can sew half as well as you some day:thumbsup2

Are you going to make it pink or make it blue??? I can't wait to see what you do with it!

It is so cool how many people have started sewing because of this thread! I can't wait to see your finished project!

It's quiet on Labor Day? I thought it would be crowded.

The dress is adorable! I've been eyeing that YCMT pattern! I like what you did with the skirt, very cute!

Do Buttericks EVER go on sale? I keep waiting!

I love the Nemo outfits! Good use of that fabric!

The overalls are adorable!! I love that fabric!
And, I think we all learned a little something about you with these pictures, you are skinny, and daring! I only wish I could wear a top like that!

Cute!!! She looks so happy with them! I like that last picture of her twirling back to her room!

I love this dress! It is so cute! I really like that alphabet fabric!

Well, Angel, you are the queen of shopping, that's for sure! You pick out such gorgeous outfits for Gracie!

Hobby Lobby had the Nemo fabric. I bought the double border fabric like that. It clearanced to $2 a yard. That was over a month or so ago though.

These are so cute!!! I love the HSM patches, that turned out great! I've been thinking of getting some of that fabric myself! Arminda would love to go to HSM on Ice, I'm jealous.

Obsessedwiththemouse and LadyRob, I believe have both said they send out their appliques. But, I don't remember how much they said they cost. I'm thinking $15, but I'm thinking that would probably be too cheap. Maybe one of them will pop in for a minute and help us out!

There is a link to a coloring page search engine in the bookmarks site, under the applique section.

Yep, that was you with the Frankenpattern term! I love it!

Now, get back to work, we want to see that dress!

Try calling and emailing Walmart about the fabrics. If you go to http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=542393 there is a place where you can send them an email. It also lists their phone number and mailing address. Bombard them! Let them know how disapointed you are that they took out the fabrics. There was a store near us that took out the fabric, and they got so many calls and emails, that they put it back. Get all your friends and family to call and write too![/QUOTE]
It's quiet on Labor Day? I thought it would be crowded.

The dress is adorable! I've been eyeing that YCMT pattern! I like what you did with the skirt, very cute

Labor Day was very quiet...longest line we were in was for Dumbo, and that was 10 minutes. Everything else was pretty much a walk on, and we didn't need to FP anything. MK closed at 7 for Pirates and Princess, and there were still tix left for that, they were selling that all day. We didn't do any ADR's, but still managed to get into the CP for an early dinner...they said they were totally booked, but to check back when we were ready to eat because they already had a record # of cancellations/no-shows. This was the first Character dinner we've done in a while, and were totally thrilled because Rebecca wasn't afraid of the characters!

I'm really pleased with how the dress turned out too. She got lots of compliments today and loved the attention. The highlight of the day was when she was given 2 Tinkerbell pins by (I'm guessing) the Dream Squad. We were sitting in a shady spot at the exit to Splash eating frozen lemonade when a security guard walked up to us and started talking. He asked if she was spoiled, we laughed and said yes, of course. He asked if he could spoil her too, and gave her the pins, one to keep and one to share. What a great surprise!

Here is the quilt that I made to use during our Dec. trip. I made this before I learned to applique or I would have appliqued some Mickey heads on it.

The front:
disboutique035.jpg

The back:
disboutique036.jpg

Up close pics:
disboutique037.jpg

disboutique038.jpg

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend.

Yeah! We are done with our outfits. I may try to make some bows or headbands this week before we leave and mom might make my older dd a shirt to match her skirt.

ashleydress.jpg

2007_0903Image0014.jpg

winniethepoohdress.jpg

2007_0903Image0010.jpg

nemodress.jpg

2007_0903Image0004.jpg

mickeymousedress.jpg

I had posted pics of the mickey mouse, nemo and ariel outfits, but today we did a Fashion Show for daddy and I had to get pics with dd actually in them. I am so glad they are done!

The overalls are adorable!! I love that fabric!
And, I think we all learned a little something about you with these pictures, you are skinny, and daring! I only wish I could wear a top like that!

Actually, the top is a mistake from the dress I made for DN10. When I took her measurements, she was about 22 in. around the top. So I doubled that because she wanted it shirred. That made it 44 in. Intelligent me was thinking 44 in for the front and 44 for the back. Needless to say, the top of the dress was twice as big as it needed to be. So I had 2 shirred tops. I cut the one, added the back panel and straps and viola! A top for me.

Try calling and emailing Walmart about the fabrics. If you go to http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=542393 there is a place where you can send them an email. It also lists their phone number and mailing address. Bombard them! Let them know how disapointed you are that they took out the fabrics. There was a store near us that took out the fabric, and they got so many calls and emails, that they put it back. Get all your friends and family to call and write too!

Thanks! I'll try that!

I quoted the same post twice. I guess next time I'll learn to read the entire post before responding!

You're absolutely correct although they are a little similar...the PBK sheets are super cute though!

Oh I know someone here would love the Navy fabric....Where are you Maureen?

That dress is stunning! I'm so impressed. I hope I can sew half as well as you some day:thumbsup2

Oh I am here! I am always looking out for Navy stuff!!! Obsessedwiththemouse is working on something for me right now!!!

Hey CampingGriswalds...
Where on the Eastern shore are you guys? We're in Chester and just enjoyed a fabulously beautiful weekend :) Hope you did too.
Kay

Ok, now I need help. I posted a pic of a twirl skirt on another board and now I have a few people interested in purchasing. How on earth do you figure out what to charge? Is there a general rule? Obviously I'm new at this so I know that I won't be bringing in big bucks, but I don't want to lose money either. Can anyone help me figure out what a good price to charge would be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter