kid's desserts at cs?

tessieg

Mouseketeer
Hi!
The last two years we vacationed using free ddp. The kid's could choose a kid's meal and then a dessert off the menu. Is this still the case? I see some kid's menus list cookies or jello as available substitutions. I'm just unsure about kid's desserts now; I'd appreciate anyone who's been recently with kids under 9 who could clarify!

Thanks,
Tessie

We were on the Dinning Plan last week. For the kids counter service they don't get a dessert like last year. They get to choose two sides with the main entree. (some the sides are carrots, grapes, cookie, jello, pudding, applesauce,

This isn't CS, but my "favorite" was when my DS couldn't get ice cream at Teppanyaki - it wasn't a big deal because I was too full to eat mine anyway, but I thought it was a little sad that a kid at the happiest place on earth couldn't order ice cream as part of the DDP :rotfl: .

We were there in July and found differences in CS places.

Most had kids' dessert options, generally a pre-wrapped chocolate chip cookie, chocolate pudding, or jello. Sides were carrots, applesauce, or grapes.

At some CS places, the kids got a total of two choices, which could in theory be two desserts, two sides, or one dessert and one side. At some CS places, kids got two sides PLUS a dessert. In July, we found no consistent pattern.

My advice--when you order, tell the cashier you're on the DDP and then ask what you get with the kids meals. If you get the 'bonus' dessert, look at it as a treat. If you only get two items, then look at that as the meal you're entitled to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter