Kidani questions

Dakota731

DIS Veteran
We’ve always done Jambo but this trip is booked kidani. We have always gotten quick stuff for breakfast at Mara so how will we do that now? Can you walk between or will we need to hop a bus to grab yogurt or a pastry?

We’ve always done Jambo but this trip is booked kidani. We have always gotten quick stuff for breakfast at Mara so how will we do that now? Can you walk between or will we need to hop a bus to grab yogurt or a pastry?

when are you going? I thought Mara was only reopened temporarily for higher crowds near Xmas.

So did I The main reason I booked Kidani vs Jambo for my next trip is because of the food offerings (or lack of them) And it will be too hot to make the walk to Kidani to eat Usually I like Jambo much better

You can walk between the two. It's less than a 10 minute walk at a leisurely pace.

I'm betting that the Mara will reopen again for spring break when we'll be staying at Kidani.

So did I The main reason I booked Kidani vs Jambo for my next trip is because of the food offerings (or lack of them) And it will be too hot to make the walk to Kidani to eat Usually I like Jambo much better
When are you going that it will be too hot? If it's summer, it's certainly possible that more restaurants will be open by them.

In addition to walking, there's a van that travels continually between the two. And the park buses stop at Kidani first, then Jambo, so that's another option. The DS bus does the opposite, for getting back to Kidani.

When are you going that it will be too hot? If it's summer, it's certainly possible that more restaurants will be open by them.

Yes, it is summer, July
Although things could improve and more could be open, one thing 2020 taught me is that the future is uncertain, so I based my plans on the present situation of the resorts

The shuttle bus runs continuously until 11pm. We were at Kidani last month. Sanaa’s breakfast was excellent although a little slow. Everything we had was cooked to order.

Just follow along where the buses go? I thought I could pick up some food items at the store at Jambo and walk back to Kidani
Here is an interactive link of an aerial view that shows the sidewalk from Kidani to Jambo. You can zoom in/out and follow the route using a mouse grab. Hope this helps. We walk this just about every time we stay at AKL. It takes about 15 minutes to walk but it's an easy walk.
https://www.magicalkingdoms.com/wdw/maps/animal_kingdom_lodge_and_villas_map.html

If that’s what you want to eat, wouldn’t it be easiest to eat in your villa?
That’s what we’d like to do but I didn’t know there was a store to buy these items at Kidani. We’ve always stayed at Jambo and purchased snack items at Mara.

That’s what we’d like to do but I didn’t know there was a store to buy these items at Kidani. We’ve always stayed at Jambo and purchased snack items at Mara.

There is definitely a gift shop in Kidani. It's smaller than the one at Jambo House. I don't know exactly which food items they sell in the Kidani gift shop, but what you want seems like things they would sell (yogurt, cereal, oatmeal).

Perhaps you can ask here:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/jambo-the-newest-akl-information-thread.3567178/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter