KEVIN - Raglan Road?

We have been there 3 times, and each time with large groups. We usually go there to meet my aunt and uncle when we are at Disney. They have always been very nice and we always have a good time while we are there. Plus they have a great beer selection!!

Can you go into Raglan Road just for a few pints or do you have to order food. Would like to see what the Guinnes is like in there:love: never had a pint of the black stuff outside Ireland :)

Yes you can. I went there with my husband and sister when we got a rare night of babysitting from the grandparents while on vacation. It was a nice pub atmosphere, good live Irish music and a girl doing Irish step dancing on the tables. (I know that someone on the boards posted pictures). And it wasn't St. Patrick's Day when we went so they do this on a pretty regular schedule. We did get some appetizers but you could sit at the bar and just have drinks as well.

My boyfriend and I ate at Raglan Road not this December, but the last. As a result of our experiences there, we refuse to return and will never recommend it.

I think that the entire concept of Raglan Road is very neat. With the exception of a few knick-knacks in the UK, Ireland has next to no representation in the World (especially Epcot). The idea of an Irish pub and restaurant with live entertainment is fantastic. However, this is, yet again, not a Disney-owned and operated restaurant which causes it to lack in many areas.

We had reservations for RR one night during our trip. We were meeting up with friends and arrived about 20 minutes early. I approached the counter and was told there would be a wait. After waiting, I decided to see how much longer. I was treated very rudely by the hostess and later manager when I asked for some assistance from him. Because this was a few days after Christmas, I expected it to be crowded, but never thought I'd have to wait over a half hour past our reservation time. We wound up having to wait TWO HOURS before being seated. Again, this was after waiting patiently and later complaining. Normally, we would have left, but knew there would be no other sit-down restaurant with availability. It was now past 8 PM and we were very annoyed.

By the time we were seated, we were exhausted and feelings were bruised by the rude management and hostess. The food was mediocre at best, but the entertainment was good. We enjoyed the live band and Irish stepdancer, but neither warranted the wait or a return trip.

After we left the building, a Disney research cast member seemed to appear out of no where. I spent some time talking with her about my experience and she noted the many problems we had including some of the very out of line comments the manager said to me when I questioned why we were being forced to wait so long.

I have seen quite a few DISers having positive experiences at RR. Still, we will never return based on the harsh treatment and terrible service we received. Perhaps our complaints were heard and things have gotten better since a few years ago, but I am not willing to take the risk of visiting this place again. If you are visiting during an off-season perhaps this will not be a problem. But, if you are going during a busy to semi-busy time of year, I'd steer clear of RR. My money is better spent at better operated restaurants such as Narcoossee's, Jiko, and Boma.

well, if it was a loud U2 cover band I for one would want to turn it down! :rolleyes1

I second that U2 makes me ashamed to be half Irish....I can't wait to eat at Raglan Road I have an ADR for my first night in September..Nothing better than meat, whiskey, and Irish Music party:

I have been there twice and I thought it was really good both times I went. I really like the atmosphere but I always leave soon after the band starts due to the fact that it can get loud.

tip for reservations here... we called and they said they were booked for the night, so I went to OpenTable.com too see what other off property options I could find and I made an online reservation for Raglan Road. When we got there our table was ready.

I use opentable often at home to make reservations and I was surprised to see Raglan Road on there but it worked out well.

we visit disney 2/3 times a year. We eat Raglin Rd at least 1 time each visit. My kids love it.

love Raglan Road...

bit of info though, no Irish band or dancer on Sundays!!! (there is a performer though, much quieter)

My husband and I ate there this past October and it was great- not a restaurant for a quiet romantic dinner though... they had a singer on stage doing "traditional Irish pub" songs and interacting with the guests. The food was pretty good too.. If you are a beer drinker though, I recommend doing a "beer Flight"; that was the highlight of the night! You can't go there and NOT have a good time.:goodvibes

We are eating there for lunch. Does anyone know if the Irish dancer and band will be there in the afternoon?

We are eating there for lunch. Does anyone know if the Irish dancer and band will be there in the afternoon?

No, the entertainment does not start until 9pm.

From their website...

Come by:
Pleasure Island Downtown Disney
1640 East Buena Vista Drive, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando FL 32830

When:
Lunch Served 11:00am to 3:00pm.
Dinner Served 3:00pm to 11:00pm.
Bar Menu Served all day.
Live Entertainment starts at 9:00pm to 2:00am, with our Irish band and Irish dancer, who perform 6 nights a week. Live music with Paul Duffy 8:00pm-2:00am on Sundays.

www.raglanroadirishpub.com

Too bad. I have an 18 month old so 9pm in a loud bar is definitely out!

Best meal of our last stay.

Get the Beer Samplers...I don't drink beer but it was definitely fun trying all the different beers.

Everything we ordered tasted good and was cooked appropriately.
If you get early ADR it is quiet and somewhat romantic.

josh
_______

josh and vanessa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter