Arrive: 10:06 am Kansas City, MO (MCI) Northwest Airlines 1159

Prices for Northwest $188/person.

Sat, Feb 21 Depart: 11:30 am Kansas City, MO (MCI) Northwest Airlines 1162
1 stop
Arrive: 4:37 pm Orlando, FL (MCO) Northwest Airlines 1036

Sun, Mar 1 Depart: 6:30 am Orlando, FL (MCO) Northwest Airlines 1037
1 stop
Arrive: 10:06 am Kansas City, MO (MCI) Northwest Airlines 1159
For $189RT, you can take non-stop both ways on AirTran if you travel Sat, Feb 21 to Sat, Feb 28. I hate to waste time changing plans if I don't have to. I'm sure hoping that SWA gets their rates back down under $200RT because I like how you can change flights/dates without charge with them and use credits. I also like their leg room.;)

Yeah, I am waiting for SWA as well because we have a credit from them from a past flight.

They've dropped some MCI-MCO fares to as little as $200. We rebooked for December and saved enough to pay for one of our tix to DLR in June!

I am from Wichita, and still have a daughter in Shawnee, and with twins and two sons-in-law graduating from KU (I went there, too - love my 'Hawks!), I feel like I still have a healthy stake in Kansas! We have only lived in Kentucky for 2 1/2 years, but both DH and I are from Wichita, and we still have relatives there(in fact, bmalone45, are we related?).

Hope to run into fellow Kansans at WDW sometime!

I am from Wichita, and still have a daughter in Shawnee, and with twins and two sons-in-law graduating from KU (I went there, too - love my 'Hawks!), I feel like I still have a healthy stake in Kansas! We have only lived in Kentucky for 2 1/2 years, but both DH and I are from Wichita, and we still have relatives there(in fact, bmalone45, are we related?).

Hope to run into fellow Kansans at WDW sometime!

Sometimes it seems like everyone in Wichita is related somehow. Welcome to the DIS. We are getting ready for our next trip over Thanksgiving. WSU is playing in a b-ball tournament at WDW. BONUS!

If not related, then 2 or less degrees of separation! The last name is the same, I think, with me. KMC grad a long time ago. Go Shocks... we all went there, too! what a treat for them to play there. I have adopted the Louisville Cardinals because I love BB, but a cardinal is not as fearsome as either a Jayhawk or a Wushock!

Its funny one of my business partners is a native of Louisville so apparently you were traded for him.

I too am a graduate of the Catholic schools in Wichita. But I'm from BCHS almost 20 years ago... doesn't seem that long ago but it is.

There are a ton of us (Malone's) here in Wichita maybe we are related. PM me sometime and we'll try to figure it out. I've got quite a few relatives that went to KMC.

Crack me up, I am not Catholic, but nearly everyone that I work with is. I work for a family-owned company of about 500 employees, and a lot of them are related. I keep wondering if I'll ever run into a Wichita DISer somewhere, and I always wonder when I see a car with a Mickey antenna topper or something in a parking lot.

Jayhawks and Wildcats abound at my church, to the point that when we have collection bins for things like candy donations for the Fall carnival, they label one bin Jayhawks, and one Wildcats so they can compete to see which one has the most in it.

Senior Pastor is a Jayhawk all the way, to the point that he refuses to wear purple... ever. One of the staff members gave him a purple tie in our White Elephant Christmas exchange. He brought it back the next year for the Chinese Firedrill Gift Exchange.

Anyhow, hello from Wichipoo, or Doo-dah. Only old-timer Wichitans would remember Doo-dah though.

Hi! We are in Wichita, OKW members since 1997. Me, DH, DS17 and DD13. I can't believe I haven't noticed this thread before! :wave2:

Just found it again myself. I hadn't remember I had replies when it first started 2 years ago. Nice to see more Kansans in the DVC.

Hi! We live in Paola, KS and my DH is a K-State Alum. Just became members last May and are going for our first DVC Member trip Dec 5th.

Welcome Home! Glad to see there are so many of us KS Dvcers around. We're not the east coast but we represent! Good luck on your first trip as members.

Hi! We live in Paola, KS and my DH is a K-State Alum. Just became members last May and are going for our first DVC Member trip Dec 5th.

Yay! We're leaving on the 5th as well! Olathe resident here. What flight are you on? We're on the 7:15 AM SWA non-stop to MCO. Nothing like getting to WDW as soon as possible! There for awhile I was always on the same flight as someone I used to work with that was a Disney nut, not DVC, though. She kind of got me hooked so it was funny that we always saw each other.

Ugh.. Looks like I should have bought plane tickets when gas was $4 instead of $1.50. :confused3

Southwest keeps going up and up.

Ugh.. Looks like I should have bought plane tickets when gas was $4 instead of $1.50. :confused3 Southwest keeps going up and up.
I agree....sure don't understand it. I'm wondering if they are "banking" on reservations at the higher price and even though they hopefully will reduce prices later and give "credit" toward future flights, they have the money upfront.

I agree....sure don't understand it. I'm wondering if they are "banking" on reservations at the higher price and even though they hopefully will reduce prices later and give "credit" toward future flights, they have the money upfront.

I'm not sure where I heard this, or even if it is correct, but I heard that many airlines "pre-bought" gas at higher prices and now they have to pay that. Has anyone else heard anything like that?

facebook twitter