Kansas DVC-ers?

jpeka65844

DIS Veteran
Since I live in Kansas City (Kansas), I'm an honorary member of the Missouri DVC Club. But, are there any other KS folks out there? I know LovetoDisney is!

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

Salina, KS here! Members since 2002, should have been members years earlier. :)

Not Kansas...but, Kansas City, Missouri (actually 45 minutes north). I just had to respond....as the MISSOURI thread seems to consist maninly of EAST MO.

Anyone going to the Chiefs game this weekend?

I used to be!

Our first contract (BWV) was bought while we lived in Manhattan. I noticed in the recent VM there was a letter from a family living there. I wondered if they were Disers. :confused3

We are in Olathe! We used to own, but had to sell. Wish I still had it. Have been renting points for the last few years.

Wichita, Kansas! I know there are at least two other families from Wichita that are DVCers. We've been members since 2000. Own at VB, VWL, and BCV. Headed "Home" next month for MNSSHP!

I used to live in Overland Park.. but moved.. :wave2: hope you find lots of other DISers close to you..

Wow.....us KS folk are slow to reply! The nurse at my school is a DVC member but I don't think they do Dis or anything "fanatical" like that.... :-)

Good to see you KS folk! I used to go to K-St until I found the error of my ways so I'm a former Manhattan-ite as well!

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

:wave2: Hi everybody!
I'm in the Kansas City area...near Overland Park.
It's great to see other DVC families in the state. It's a small world afterall....

Going to the Chiefs game Sunday....hope we WIN! :mickeyjum

We live in Kansas also. :wave: We are in St. John, about 90 miles west of Wichita. Go Jayhawks!!! :thumbsup2

Hi, we are near Wichita. Thinking seriously about buying DVC, but not sure. We decided to put off that decision until we get back from our trip in October.

Would be interested to here locals opinions on it, and what your transportation investments heave been since you bought in.

If this isn't the rightboard for that, just let me know. I was just looking for local opinions.

Thanks!

We live in Wichita and have owned since 2000. Have points at the BWV and BCV. We had looked at purchasing back in 1994 and I just ran across the information they sent. The points were a whopping $52.50. If only I knew then what I know now. I would have lots more vacations and spent a lot less. As to your question about transportation investments, I'm not sure what you are asking for specifically. We fly and have found AirTran out of Wichita to be the easiest and most economical. If you fly on Saturday, there is a non-stop flight and we love it. We also take a whole lot more WDW trips than we used. It used to be every other year in a moderate and now we go twice a year. My only regret is that we didn't take the leap in 1994. We have loved every minute of ownership. Let me know if you have any other questions. I'd be glad to answer if I can.

FYI - My DH also went to K-State and still talks fondly of those days.

Yes, I saw that flight when I was doing some planning. We want to be there for both my DS's 17th birthday (the 18th) and Christmas. So I decided that I really did not want to fly on the Saturday before his birthday. I decided to book on Delta (didn't research that enough ahead of time or I probably would not have done that, but it's done). I found a really great rate out of KC on a direct flight to Orlando. BUT, Delta cancelled that flight and we lost our direct flights. So, I really lost on this one. Live and learn I suppose. :confused3

I suppose that taking that Airtan Saturday flight would be a good deal. I hope Airtran sticks around here.

I know that some people book an All-Star, or other room, for the weekends instead of eating up their points. Do you ever do that?

I'm sure you mean that last message for a PM, but, since we're talking travel out of MCI.....

We flew Southwest last year; we got a direct flight on a Sat. AM with "wheels up" at 6:50. And the plane was PACKED. Guess where everyone was going??? We were at our hotel (POFQ), bags dropped off, in Epcot, through Mission Space, and relaxing in front of Germany in WS with a beer by 1 PM. Hoping to replicate it again in March!

Southwest doesn't have their March schedule up yet.....

Denice T.
Olathe, KS

I heard of people getting refunds from Delta when they have booked a direct flight and it is cancelled, leaving no other direct flights to choose from.

Add one to the Wichita contingent. And I plan our trips around the Saturday nonstop on Airtran, too.

Hello again, Kansas DVCers.

Can you tell me in by Kansas tax law, if there is any tax-deduction on your DVC load through either Disney Financing or a Home Equity situation.

We are seriously looking into buying in January 2008, so I am trying to research all the financial angles so we can decide how we want to pay for it.

Heh, since we bought in, I thought that I would unearth this thread. Any more Kansans???

Also, have any of you tried the Allegiant flights into Sanford from Wichita?

facebook twitter