Kansas DVC-ers?

Wow, that is high! We fly out of Kansas City and usually pay about $200 rt. We are going before Christmas this year and are still only paying about $240 rt. I expected it to be much closer to $300 in Dec. but I guess we got lucky. How long does the drive take you from Wichita?

What airline do you use? We looked all over for decent airfares at Christmas and there was nothing under $400!

What airline do you use? We looked all over for decent airfares at Christmas and there was nothing under $400!

Southwest. We got $99 going out and $129 coming back. Dec. 14-22. We bought quite a while ago. Not sure what the fares are now. During the non-peak times we get flights for $79 and $89 sometimes.

We also check the flights into Tampa. Sometimes it is cheaper to fly there and we have taken advantage of that a couple of times.

Southwest. We got $99 going out and $129 coming back. Dec. 14-22. We bought quite a while ago. Not sure what the fares are now. During the non-peak times we get flights for $79 and $89 sometimes.

We also check the flights into Tampa. Sometimes it is cheaper to fly there and we have taken advantage of that a couple of times.

We purchased our flights in July, but we are flying out on Christmas day. Maybe that's why they are so expensive. We were looking at various options but decided to pay a bit more to fly out early and make the most of our time.

Well, we are under the 1 month mark. I guess I should start cracking on getting tickets.

I would really like to get the TiW, but no one knows when DVC members will be able to purchase it and for how much. I will be back for business in April, so I am debating picking up one AP for myself and getting the TiW that way. Decisions, decisions...

Well, we are under the 1 month mark. I guess I should start cracking on getting tickets.

I would really like to get the TiW, but no one knows when DVC members will be able to purchase it and for how much. I will be back for business in April, so I am debating picking up one AP for myself and getting the TiW that way. Decisions, decisions...

We really like having our TiW and when I renewed my AP this past Oct. I went for the premium. It has already paid for it's self in the savings we get on shopping!

I've have been to Kansas and it's a fun place if you know the right things to do!!! Good eating for sure!!!
-KKpopcorn::

So, any thoughts on the Southwest/Airtran situation? I haven't checked, but I am wondering how the fares are going to compare between ICT and MCI to MCO?

I am going to bet it's still going to be cheaper to fly out of MCI. Wonder if there will ever be a DING rate out of ICT...LOL

Waiting for that booking window to open.

I hate that airfare has gotten so high because of jet fuel prices. I R-E-A-L-L-Y miss being able to talk my DH into a last minute trip because of a $159 RT airfare. I looked at mid October and one way was $165 N/S from MCI and one way would be $214 from ICT with a change of plane in MDW so basically $50 more per leg and twice as long.

We just happen to be traveling for our next trip to WDW/DCL at the same time they are switching over so we fly out Air Tran out and SW back. I used points on both and it was super easy. Even switching points between the two airlines wasn't too bad.

It will be interesting to see how it all works out in the future. ICT has now lost Frontier but Allegiant is still doing okay. I know that once Air Tran is gone, trips to ATL will go up big as Delta will be the only airline serving ATL. I'm not saying I'll miss the ATL airport but it will be different now in a good way. :)

We're located in Olathe and bought DVC a year ago.

We're flying SWEST 5/25 returning on 6/1. Tickets were purchased with my SWEST points months ago when airfare was a little cheaper.

Olathe here too! Members since 2006!

We're at DLR now, returning in Sept for 1/2 Marathon wknd, then to WDW for Wine and Dine in November. Running + Disney = Obsession!

So, any thoughts on the Southwest/Airtran situation? I haven't checked, but I am wondering how the fares are going to compare between ICT and MCI to MCO?

I am going to bet it's still going to be cheaper to fly out of MCI. Wonder if there will ever be a DING rate out of ICT...LOL

Waiting for that booking window to open.

Hey Steph,
As you know, we are at WDW right now. We drove to Kansas City and flew nonstop to MCO with Southwest. I just can't seem to get used to their boarding procedures. It just seems like a cattle call. With that said, it was the best airfare that we could find, they were horribly high for this trip. We were all well over $400 RT.

Hi Kansas-DVCers! It looks like some of you are still active on Disboards. I'm curious how everyone is doing and if anyone has anything to share.

Is anyone still driving or do most travel by air? How frequently do you travel to WDW? Did you buy an annual pass when they were available recently or still have one from before? Which resort do you like best? Anybody going to WDW this summer or fall or winter? Past trips anyone wants to share, as well.

My kids and I are headed to DW in 2 weeks! Flying SW. This will be our first time flying out of the new Kansas City terminal so we are excited to see it.

We did buy AP’s so we will try to go twice this year to make it worth it. I would love to go over thanksgiving week but those days are blacked out with the new pass. I miss the Gold pass.

Staceyj2….So good to hear you are heading to WDW soon. Have a blast!!!! I haven’t experienced the new terminal yet but it sounds amazing.
I agree about the Gold pass. It was hard to give up TDay week and I hated to see the shift in points to make December higher but I realize why they had to.
Where will you be staying this trip? Have your kids decided what’s the first attraction they wish to do? I’m sure you are busy packing. Have fun!!

Staceyj2….So good to hear you are heading to WDW soon. Have a blast!!!! I haven’t experienced the new terminal yet but it sounds amazing.
I agree about the Gold pass. It was hard to give up TDay week and I hated to see the shift in points to make December higher but I realize why they had to.
Where will you be staying this trip? Have your kids decided what’s the first attraction they wish to do? I’m sure you are busy packing. Have fun!!
We are doing a split stay. OKW and AKV. I’ve been taking my kids since they were little and they are now 20 & 23. I’m so glad they still enjoy it and it allows me to spend quality time with them. My daughter and I love Guardians of the Galaxy and we are excited for my son to ride it for the first time. Of course, we are all excited to experience TRON. We are counting down the days!

facebook twitter