just wondering with upgrades and room requests

princessap

DIS Veteran
Just wondering for those people who have done room requests at the poly for longhouses, etc. Does this impact your chances of getting an upgraded view or room??

Just curious!
thanks

Room requests are unrelated to room upgrades. Requests are usually only granted within the room category that you have paid for. For example- they are unlikely to grant a request for a MK or lagoon view room if you have only paid for a standard room. If you want an upgraded room, you will need to pay the upcharge for that room.

My opinion is that if you are hoping for a free upgrade it would be better to not have room requests attached to your reservation. So if you aren't picky about where your room is, you can take a chance knowing that free upgrades are a rarity.

I have only received one "free" upgrade and I did not make any room requests. This was the only time I didn't make a room request of my 4 recent WDW vacations.

I would say that free upgrades are random. It totally depends on availability. I wouldn't rely on getting an upgrade, nor would I disappointed if it doesn't happen. :)

I always put room requests ( within my booking category) and have been upgraded a few times. But with increased bookings the past year, upgrades are becoming rarer.

During my Poly stay we had a GV room, and I got all my requests for longhouse, floor, and location in longhouse, so was very happy.

we booked a standard at the poly and got upgraded to cl! that was an awesome trip. good luck, pixie dust happens:goodvibes

Room upgrades are done at the convenience of the resort and you have no control over them. It can be maintenance related; overbooking; someone who couldn't leave on their check-out day to a weather related issue, etc.

Since Disney has added more room categories, based on prior requests, especially in the moderate resorts, upgrades are getting few and far between.

It is best not to get your expectations and hope you are getting a free upgrade, because chances are it is not going to happen. It is not a great way to start a vacation with high expectations and you don't get something that is completely out of your control.

Best to book what you want and be happy you are at Disney.

we booked a standard at the poly and got upgraded to cl! that was an awesome trip. good luck, pixie dust happens:goodvibes

We were too! I don't remember if we had made any room requests or not but I am pretty sure we did because I wanted a room with a balcony. CL was such a treat and we enjoyed every moment of it.

I would request the things you would prefer for your room category, ie, full balcony, Samoa, etc, and not let a hope for an upgrade enter your brain. ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter