just posted on dcl website: fall 2018 booking opens may 18

I would love to do Bermuda but I would want three days there (only one option) and I'd prefer to go in the summer. Excited that this may be an option for us at some point.

Does anyone have any idea how much a suite for 7 people would be for Panama Canal 10/2018?

I'm guessing - just a guess here - that the Bermuda (and possibly the Quebec) itineraries are testing the waters for possibly a more year-round presence out of NYC once the new ships are here. Especially with the routes they already have to Florida and Castaway. That is what NCL and RCCL do - at least Bermuda and Florida/Bahamas routes.

IF this comes to pass, it will make me one happy, happy girl!!

I second that happiness! We have the 7 night British Isles cruise booked for September 2018, but I really love the ability of cruising from a port 20 minutes from my door.

So excited to see the Bermuda cruises! We were planning on going to Aulani next summer but we might have to postpone that and do a Bermuda cruise instead.

I'm guessing - just a guess here - that the Bermuda (and possibly the Quebec) itineraries are testing the waters for possibly a more year-round presence out of NYC once the new ships are here. Especially with the routes they already have to Florida and Castaway. That is what NCL and RCCL do - at least Bermuda and Florida/Bahamas routes.

IF this comes to pass, it will make me one happy, happy girl!!

I hope it does too... I am 80% sure we'll wait and see with Bermuda. Its such a popular destination in general that from an outsiders perspective it *should* be a total win and good gamble...

Yeah! Bermuda. When DCL started sailing out of NYC, I started hoping for Bermuda.

DH and I will be on our 2nd cruise out of NYC a this fall. I will be very interested in the price.

And I guess this answer the question about is NYC a successful port. I just read a thread recently, where folks were asking about NYC for fall 2018 and most chimed in that it would not happened due to lack of interest in NYC port.

There are an awful lot of people who cruise DCL from New England and the Mid-Atlantic states, so I always thought it had to be pretty successful.

Happy cruising everyone!⚓☺️

Yeah! Bermuda. When DCL started sailing out of NYC, I started hoping for Bermuda.

DH and I will be on our 2nd cruise out of NYC a this fall. I will be very interested in the price.

And I guess this answer the question about is NYC a successful port. I just read a thread recently, where folks were asking about NYC for fall 2018 and most chimed in that it would not happened due to lack of interest in NYC port.

There are an awful lot of people who cruise DCL from New England and the Mid-Atlantic states, so I always thought it had to be pretty successful.

Happy cruising everyone!⚓☺️

There is definitely a market for cruising - RCCL and NCL have some of their mega ships out of here pretty much year-round. And I think NCL is adding a second mega.

It would be nice to have a Disney alternative.

Interesting port they have on the WBTA -- Portland, England.

We did the one-way Quebec City to NYC on HAL and it was a wonderful cruise. Quebec is just a gorgeous city and the ship docked there overnight so we had the whole afternoon and next day to explore it (saving money on a hotel room). We rented a car one-way and stopped in Montreal for a few days and then drove to Quebec -- gorgeous highway from Montreal to Quebec. So happy to see Disney branching out and offering so many different ports and options. I am very interested in the Bermuda pricing as we did it on NCL last year and would love to go back on Disney.

Love a cruise to Bermuda. We did one pre-kids, back in the day on the RCCL Nordic Prince, . Small ship by today's standards, but we could dock in St. George (threading the needle port with land on both sides and plenty of reef) and actually docked in Hamilton. It was a great time. Bermuda is beautiful. Would love to sail on DCL to Bermuda someday!

RE: Astoria Oregon - Crossing the Columbia River bar ought to be interesting --- that's one of the places in the world where the port pilots are really, really needed (vs revenue generators). I am surprised that it's taken Disney this long to make this stop. I've also wondered why they just don't sail on up into Portland (ok so it adds 2 days to the trip, but I think that it would be an interesting sail). The channel is sufficient (I think) for the Wonder.

Oregon = Wine and Beer. Astoria currently has 5 breweries (4 within easy walking distance of the port)

RE: Astoria Oregon - Crossing the Columbia River bar ought to be interesting --- that's one of the places in the world where the port pilots are really, really needed (vs revenue generators). I am surprised that it's taken Disney this long to make this stop. I've also wondered why they just don't sail on up into Portland (ok so it adds 2 days to the trip, but I think that it would be interesting). The channel is sufficient (I think) for the Wonder.

Oregon = Wine and Beer. Astoria currently has 5 breweries (4 within easy walking distance of the port)

I'd love to see them in my hometown of Portland but we don't have a large enough dock (except the dry dock ones downriver). If you could park it at Waterfront Park though that would be amazing...! We bring in military ships every Rose Festival in early June but those are much much smaller than the Wonder!

Will the prices for the cruises be listed before March 18? We're silver so would only get to book one day early, but would need to know prices before I call to book. Thanks

Will the prices for the cruises be listed before March 18? We're silver so would only get to book one day early, but would need to know prices before I call to book. Thanks
Unfortunately no. I called this am and asked. They will only release pricing once booking is open. Doesn't make any sense to me. Seems like would make planning easier for everyone if prices were available now.

Same here. The Quebec itinerary piqued my husband's interest too and we even briefly discussed just the two of going. But our daughter will never forgive us for taking a vacation without her, much less a Disney cruise without her. She'd be in a junior in fall 2018, so there's no way we can take her out like we did when she was little. Boy, I missed those days when I could take her out of school for 3 weeks in May for the Mediterranean cruise in 2010 and for 2 weeks for Panama in 2012!!!

Interesting port they have on the WBTA -- Portland, England.

We did the one-way Quebec City to NYC on HAL and it was a wonderful cruise. Quebec is just a gorgeous city and the ship docked there overnight so we had the whole afternoon and next day to explore it (saving money on a hotel room). We rented a car one-way and stopped in Montreal for a few days and then drove to Quebec -- gorgeous highway from Montreal to Quebec. So happy to see Disney branching out and offering so many different ports and options. I am very interested in the Bermuda pricing as we did it on NCL last year and would love to go back on Disney.

We were considering the HAL cruise this fall to see Quebec City, but now we may need to reconsider. How did you like HAL for this itinerary? I have the British Isles cruise already booked, so going to have to decide which cruise we should do.

I will actually be on a Disney Cruise (Fantasy) on May 18. Can I book a November 2018 cruise while on board?

If you are platinum or gold, I would book it on opening day and then transfer it once onboard, just in case the prices go up over those couple of days.

I will actually be on a Disney Cruise (Fantasy) on May 18. Can I book a November 2018 cruise while on board?

Yes - it opens to general public that day though, so unless you have never cruised before you could also book prior to stepping onboard. If you are interested in one of the unique sailings it might be worth it to book one on your own and then reshop onboard to see if it is a better deal.

Does anyone have any idea how much a suite for 7 people would be for Panama Canal 10/2018?
Generally, when trying to price out itineraries not yet released, you can just check the current price (well, the price it was when it opened) for a current cruise. And add about 10-20%.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter