Just made BOG ADR for lunch

I know in my heart that lunch will work better (for timing, menu, and money reasons), but giving up a BOG dinner just seems wrong.

I snagged a dinner adr for a different day at our 180 mark thinking I'd cancel it if I got a lunch.... now I don't want to! LOL

Just checked and saw lots of availability for the week of May 10 if you are looking.

Last edited:
I know in my heart that lunch will work better (for timing, menu, and money reasons), but giving up a BOG dinner just seems wrong.

I think I am going to do both. I have the adr for Tuesday of our trip for lunch and adr for Friday for dinner. Was going to do Cosmic Rays instead of BOG but think I might do both.

Is that overkill?

We were there today for lunch... Cast members seemed overwhelmed. They said that the new system was throwing them some challenges today from their side too. Definitely some confusion as we were passed to the front of the line and then told to go back in line - and then another cast member 'quietly' told the one that told us to go back that they shouldn't have done that and that we shouldn't be sent out.

We placed our order, were lead to a table, and enjoyed lunch.

Definitely a worthwhile experience even with the challenges.

Curious too if we can still preorder lunch and how to do it?

I just came on the board to ask the same question! I've eaten at BOG for lunch as a walk-in quite a few times and know exactly what I want to order, so I'd love to do this.

Some frustrating glitches this morning, but I got ADRs for both of my trips in March this afternoon.

Had a horrible morning, like thousands of us did :( Took a nap shortly after 12:30pm. refreshed and tried my MDE- no magical reservation from error screen. So for the heck of it I tried to make a reservation and DATES SHOW UP as of right now. This is for March 16-20

Wow, thanks guys!!! I just got one for our one day at MK on March 11!!! I was so sad that I wouldn't be able to go there until now!!!

If anyone was getting errors when you did have a time and submitted the reservation.....check your "my reservation" overall page on MDE. I happened by chance to look at that and the lunch ADR was on there from this morning when I submitted in at 6:05AM. I thought it didn't go through , but somehow it did.
Same thing for me! I thought I was just out of luck. All I got this morning was error messages. When I finally got through on the phone, the CM was so nice but there was nothing available. I just accepted that it wasn't going to happen. then I checked MDE and there it was! What a great surprise!

We were there today for lunch... Cast members seemed overwhelmed. They said that the new system was throwing them some challenges today from their side too. Definitely some confusion as we were passed to the front of the line and then told to go back in line - and then another cast member 'quietly' told the one that told us to go back that they shouldn't have done that and that we shouldn't be sent out.

Was it a long wait even with an ADR? I feel like it will be crazy with people trying to check in at such a big restaurant.

I think I am going to do both. I have the adr for Tuesday of our trip for lunch and adr for Friday for dinner. Was going to do Cosmic Rays instead of BOG but think I might do both.

Is that overkill?

Not if you see something you would enjoy off the dinner menu as well as the lunch menu.

We've eating both lunch and dinner (different days) our last 2 trips and will this one as well. Dinner is not as rushed, you get to meet with beast if you like. And BOG for lunch can't be beat by any of the other counter service for us.

So they did seat you? You didn't choose your own place to sit? Did they seem to be doing this for everyone? TIA!

I got my first choice lunch early this morning, and then I snagged a dinner ADR for another day this afternoon. It has been a good day for BOG reservations for me.

Lot's of times available now that were not there earlier today... Very interesting. Just got my lunch for 3 at 12:30 PM on 8/21 and canceled my three 1 person ADRs. Woo Hoo! :yay:

Martin

Curious too if we can still preorder lunch and how to do it?

I just came on the board to ask the same question! I've eaten at BOG for lunch as a walk-in quite a few times and know exactly what I want to order, so I'd love to do this.

Some frustrating glitches this morning, but I got ADRs for both of my trips in March this afternoon.

I have the same question. It could be another hitch in the system, but my pre-order page from the link in my email confirmation is not working. I'm just overjoyed that I have a reservation right now! I know I can order at the restaurant if it comes to that.

Anyone else having trouble?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter