Just joined Weight Watchers

Well I was successful on the plan yesterday. I didn’t have any sweets, was over my points and dipped into my weeklies but that is a huge accomplishment for me. Since it was Ash Wednesday we didn’t eat meat so pizza was dinner but I stuck to 2 pieces and didn’t have my usual evening snack of candy. We will see how today goes!

I had to get one wisdom tooth out yesterday, and was SO afraid to eat! My DH went and got my DD and me a Wendy’s frosty. I was SO hungry so I went for it, but counted the points and only went over for the day by 5 points. Technically I broke my no sweets before bed, but I’m counting it as my supper. I have a feeling this tooth thing is going to help me out on WW for a while! Lol

Yesterday DD turned 7. I saved all my points. O point lunch with veggies and yogurt dip, 1 point dinner with chicken and veggies. 2 glorious cupcakes and 2 glorious macaroons made by a local baker that were out of this world good. Dipped into weeklies a little bit totally worth it. Tonight is cardio, tomorrow strength training. Weigh in Monday.

Weighed this morning and am down another lb! I thought for sure I'd ruined the week with my little binge on Monday. Total of 7lbs lost so far and I'm hoping for another 10-15 more. I just can't get back into the exercise though. I know I need to but I just have no motivation. :sad2:

No weigh in this week, since school's out for February Break.

I'm hoping to hit 10 pounds at next week's weigh in-- that would mean a total of 3.2 pounds in a two week period. That magic number is keeping me from reaching for junk while I'm home this week. Whether or not I hit my goal, it's a great incentive.

I had an interesting chat with my sister, who recently hit her goal weight on WW. She gave me recipe after recipe for "Zero Point this" and "Zero point that."

My approach is very different. I want to learn to eat appropriately, not to switch from "bad" all day grazing to "good" all day grazing. So I'm not going crazy on the zero point stuff. I am eating more fruit and veggies, since I figure they're part of a healthy diet, so I'm thrilled that they're zero points. But I'm eating normal foods, with lower point options. So, for example, I just finished breakfast: 2 Eggo nutrigrain low fat waffles (4 pts) with sugar substitute mixed with cinnamon instead of syrup. (I did hit it with a spritz of Pam to help the topping stick) I'll have a tangerine when I go upstairs.Tomorrow I may make french toast, using the 45 calorie Pepperidge Farm wheat bread (4 pts for 3 slices; I'll have 2) with an egg and nonfat milk and the same cinnamon topping.

I'm not criticizing-- her approach obviously works for her. But I'm more interested in adapting what I would normally eat to fit within the WW framework than in finding ways to still graze all day.

Any thoughts?

I'm hoping to hit 10 pounds at next week's weigh in-- that would mean a total of 3.2 pounds in a two week period. That magic number is keeping me from reaching for junk while I'm home this week. Whether or not I hit my goal, it's a great incentive.

I had an interesting chat with my sister, who recently hit her goal weight on WW. She gave me recipe after recipe for "Zero Point this" and "Zero point that."

My approach is very different. I want to learn to eat appropriately, not to switch from "bad" all day grazing to "good" all day grazing. So I'm not going crazy on the zero point stuff. I am eating more fruit and veggies, since I figure they're part of a healthy diet, so I'm thrilled that they're zero points. But I'm eating normal foods, with lower point options. So, for example, I just finished breakfast: 2 Eggo nutrigrain low fat waffles (4 pts) with sugar substitute mixed with cinnamon instead of syrup. (I did hit it with a spritz of Pam to help the topping stick) I'll have a tangerine when I go upstairs.Tomorrow I may make french toast, using the 45 calorie Pepperidge Farm wheat bread (4 pts for 3 slices; I'll have 2) with an egg and nonfat milk and the same cinnamon topping.

I'm not criticizing-- her approach obviously works for her. But I'm more interested in adapting what I would normally eat to fit within the WW framework than in finding ways to still graze all day.

Any thoughts?

I feel the same way as you. I love my morning english muffin, butter and coffee drink. It is 15 points! So instead of having that every morning, I will only have it a couple mornings per week or choose only one of those. The plan is teaching me to snack smarter...a 1/4 cup of M&Ms is 11 points! so I try to choose a fruit most of the time. And yes, I'm am trying to fit my eating into the plan while of course making healthier choices.

I'm with you, except my drink of choice is tea.

Here's how I've substituted:

2 slices of Pepperidge Farm wheat bread (2 points) instead of the English Muffin.
No butter. Instead, 2 teaspoons of Smuckers no sugar Raspberry preserves. (0) points. I don't even notice the lack of butter.
Tea with artificial sweetener instead of sugar, and low or non fat milk.

I don't keep track of all the splashes of milk during the day, but I don't use any of my weekly points. So all my splashes of milk come out of there.

Any thoughts?

Totally agree. My big problem is sugar. So if I'm eating "sugar free" stuff that's zero points, I'm not teaching my brain to enjoy good food that doesn't taste sweet. I've never been a big fan of "diet" branded food in general. I'd rather eat whole, real, non processed stuff. I'm also learning to substitute low fat cheeses and lean meats for my usual full fat versions.

We spent 5 days and 4 nights on the road with Girl Scouts this weekend. Then yesterday at weigh in I was down 1 lb! We ate breakfast in the hotel every morning where I loaded up on hard boiled eggs, fruit and coffee. Grabbed whole fruit and my trusty pre-counted almonds for snacks on our long walking days. Got in about 11,000 steps every day with all that walking in Savannah! It was beautiful weather in a beautiful city. I only had 1 small glass of wine in 5 days, which is very unusual for me. I did enjoy a nice seafood boil that was zero points when I skipped the potatoes. We knew where we were dining in advance, so I had pre-planned my choices. The wheels came off with the ice cream stop, pizza (I did skip appetizers), and 2 southern buffets with not many healthy options. My biggest issue was that after day 2 I didn't track. I need to be better about not throwing the baby out with the bathwater. DH had a nice grilled chicken and huge salad waiting on me when I got home. But the last day or 2 have been rough getting the sugar cravings in control. I banked 3 rollovers yesterday by choosing healthy snacks. Hope to do the same again today.

Great job everyone! Glad to see the program is working for you.

Hi Everyone, I just joined WW with my hubby on Saturday.. We are def having a learning week. Hubs coffee is 15 points and he drinks two before leaving the house and then one in the evening so that is his 45 daily points . we have found the sugar free syrup in vanilla and fat free creamer and we count that as 1 then his 1 TB of sugar is 3. so that is now 12.. Our menu for the week was already made and shopped for so we are over our points and I am almost out of my weeklies (he was out on day 1 :( ) but we are trying and I count that as a win. next week will be more heavy on the Chicken and Turkey (both boneless skinless and groud) as I 've not planned anything yet.
we have a trip planned with family in Sept and I will not be the fat aunt in the pics. I am a butter lover so I need to figure out how to work it in.
Hope everyone has a great day .. Michelle

Any thoughts?

I think you're right. This is why, for me, I didn't do WW well. Or I would, and then fall off the WW wagon. I would play with my points and see how much I could eat but still stay within my points (I did it when high-fiber stuff would super lower the points).

But overeating is still overeating, whether it's junk or healthy stuff. Learning to listen to your body and applying the hunger scale to your eating is a great long-term solution.

Hi Everyone, I just joined WW with my hubby on Saturday.. We are def having a learning week. Hubs coffee is 15 points and he drinks two before leaving the house and then one in the evening so that is his 45 daily points . we have found the sugar free syrup in vanilla and fat free creamer and we count that as 1 then his 1 TB of sugar is 3. so that is now 12.. Our menu for the week was already made and shopped for so we are over our points and I am almost out of my weeklies (he was out on day 1 :( ) but we are trying and I count that as a win. next week will be more heavy on the Chicken and Turkey (both boneless skinless and groud) as I 've not planned anything yet.
we have a trip planned with family in Sept and I will not be the fat aunt in the pics. I am a butter lover so I need to figure out how to work it in.

You are taking the first step - becoming aware! Don’t beat yourself up. Just start tracking and make changes as you can. You’ll start improving quickly. Welcome!!!

Any thoughts?
I flip flop on these. I habe days where I just want to graze. So it's veggies, ranch Greek yogurt dip (very filling by the way), and any low to 0 point stuff I can find. Other days I want quality so I will eat much smaller portions of the things I really want. Somewhere in between I will find a balance.

Welcome! Even if you spend this first week just becoming aware of your points and point values of what you normally eat it's ok. It is good to learn those things and really become aware of what you are eating.

Ok, I need some help/advice. I’ve been on almost a year. I’ve been flirting with a 60 pound loss since fall. Up a few, down a few, up, down....I’m finally maintaining and losing a bit more than I did in fall. I had hoped to be close to 100 down and maybe near goal by now. I see this is unrealistic now. Especially since I put off running most days that it was cold (and it was cold every day). I keep telling myself this is the first time I haven’t gained back all that I’ve lost and actually maintained loss. But it’s time to really get back on track. So now I ask of all of you... How do you motivate yourself to stay on track? Do you use rewards or incentives of any kind? What keeps you going?

I wish I had an intelligent answer for you. But my journey is only on week 4, so I'm not the one to be advising you.

Why not bring it up at a meeting?

I wish I had an intelligent answer for you. But my journey is only on week 4, so I'm not the one to be advising you.

Why not bring it up at a meeting?
I've been with mostly the same folks for a year. I'm looking for fresh ideas.:)

Ok, I need some help/advice. I’ve been on almost a year. I’ve been flirting with a 60 pound loss since fall. Up a few, down a few, up, down....I’m finally maintaining and losing a bit more than I did in fall. I had hoped to be close to 100 down and maybe near goal by now. I see this is unrealistic now. Especially since I put off running most days that it was cold (and it was cold every day). I keep telling myself this is the first time I haven’t gained back all that I’ve lost and actually maintained loss. But it’s time to really get back on track. So now I ask of all of you... How do you motivate yourself to stay on track? Do you use rewards or incentives of any kind? What keeps you going?

I wish I had a better answer, but when the scale starts going down, it’s my motivation. Especially when I’m closer to the next 10 pound bracket on the scale. That being said, sometimes it’s almost like sabatoge and I start eating sweets like nobody’s business! It’s like I’m celebrating with eating. Why?!

The other thing that I do is not allow myself to purchase new workout clothes until I get to a certain point. Although I’m new at the freestyle program, I’m not new to WW.

What is helping me right now is a work competition. We are halfway done, 6 weeks left to go and $250 each goes to the winners of the 2 person coed team.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!