Just how cool in oct/nov

happytraveller

Mouseketeer
Hi, i'm considering a trip to DLC in oct/nov next year and was wondering what the weather is likely to be like.I've been to Orlando in nov and it was still quite warm, how would it compare.Thanks everyone :banana:

The weather in CA. can change from 90 degree to 70 degree in a day. :sunny: Since I am from So. Calif.Oct/Nov. the temps here are on the cool side. I would say 70 degree during the day to mid 60's at night.

Have a good time when you arrive. :Pinkbounc

Even though the temps are usually pretty pleasant and mild, be prepared for hot. Indian summer usually pays a visit simetime during October. You might see a little rain in Nov., but generally it's pretty dry until Dec or Jan.

If you wait until mid Nov., you should have most of the Christmas decorations up. The 50th celebration should be ending around the beginning of October I think...

Always take your swim suit! You never know when you'll want it or need it. Besides, many of the hotels around Disneyland feature heated pools.

We're planning a trip for mid-October. We'd like to spend one day at the beach, but we're wondering if it's too cool for that by then. Is the water going to be too cold in October?

We are going mid November and had the same question. We are planning on going to Cabrillo beach because it has a beach and an aquarium and tide pools. We figure that if it's too cold we can just walk the beach and look at the aquarium and tide pools, if it's warm enough we'll swim.

I've never been so I can't say if it's any good. It's suppose to be a 30-40 minute drive from Disneyland.

They have a website, but apparently I haven't been around long enough to post it because my message just got kicked back. Sorry, you should be able to do a search for it.

Used to live in SoCal (including San Diego - is that where Cabrillo beach is? - I have never heard it called that, but Cabrillo Monument is out on Point Loma and I have been there). Personally, I would never go to the beach in SoCal in Oct or Nov. The water and air temps are too cold. If you are a surfer and have a wetsuit, that is different.

If you want to walk on the beach or visit tide pools, then you can do that year round. But laying out on the sand and building sand castles - I wouldn't do it. I would save those activities for May-September (better yet, June-August).

skbaker said:
We're planning a trip for mid-October. We'd like to spend one day at the beach, but we're wondering if it's too cool for that by then. Is the water going to be too cold in October?

Pacific Ocean is always cold no matter what time of year it is, to me anyway.

I'd bring blankets and sweatshirts if I were you. Have Fun!

Well, it's now mid-September and we've started wearing our coats more and closed shoes. My feet normally stay warm and I'll wear sandels, but now I'm wearing T-shirts and jeans instead of tank tops and shorts. CA weather during autumn is usually warm in the sun and very cool in the shade. It's happened we've had a heat spell in October, so you could bring a pair or two of shorts.

Ginarella said:
Pacific Ocean is always cold no matter what time of year it is, to me anyway.

I'd bring blankets and sweatshirts if I were you. Have Fun!
Yeah, but there is a big difference between water temps in August of 72 degrees (which is chilly but tolerable), and in October where I would bet the temps are low 60's at most and intolerable without a wetsuit. November would be colder still.

Cabrillo Aquarium is near San Pedro. I thought there was an actual beach called Cabrillo, but I can't seem to find it on a map. The aquarium does have a website with directions, but I am unable to post the website.

I am planning on a day at the beach because I haven't been in 3 years. Even if we can't swim it is worth it for me just to walk the beach and play in the sand. But that's just me. Being from a total inland state I take the beach whenever and however I can get it.

They were just saying on the news this morning that October actually actually has the hottest weather of any month in SoCal. They said it's NOT the hottest month because the temp is so cool in the morning and night, but that the 'highs' for Oct are higher then any other month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter