Just booked Christmas at Universal instead of Disney

denman007

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Disney seems like a headache which is the complete opposite of what we want in a vacation. (I cancelled xmas Disney in 2021)

We have a week at Loews Sapphire with 5 day 2-park EP tickets which gives us complete freedom compared to Disney. We still plan on visiting Disney to check out the hotel decorations and maybe dinner at Ohana's.

Is SeaWorld a one day park? I haven't been there in 30 years. What else in the Orlando area is worth visiting?

Thanks.

I'm sorry but Universal's Christmas offerings last year were so darn good...

The Parade was awesome
The Grinch Meet and Greet
The Grinchmas Show
The dedicated Holiday Tribute Store
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Christmas Castle Show

I honestly had a great time last year... Mickeys Christmas Party legit felt like a rip off for what they were charging and what we got in return.

Disney seems like a headache which is the complete opposite of what we want in a vacation. (I cancelled xmas Disney in 2021)

We have a week at Loews Sapphire with 5 day 2-park EP tickets which gives us complete freedom compared to Disney. We still plan on visiting Disney to check out the hotel decorations and maybe dinner at Ohana's.

Is SeaWorld a one day park? I haven't been there in 30 years. What else in the Orlando area is worth visiting?

Thanks.
Yes, Sea World is a one day park. Ride the coasters early in the day. Ride the rafting ride last (you'll get soaked). Schedule around the dolphin, orca, and sea lion shows. You should be able to fit the other rides in, between those shows. It's a much smaller park (which your feet will appreciate) and it's much more low-key than Disney. It has 4 coasters, a log flume, and raft ride. If you have young kids, there are only like 4 rides in Sesame place, plus the shark exhibit and penguin ride. May not be worth it if you are not into coasters or shows.

I'm sorry but Universal's Christmas offerings last year were so darn good...

The Parade was awesome
The Grinch Meet and Greet
The Grinchmas Show
The dedicated Holiday Tribute Store
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Christmas Castle Show

I honestly had a great time last year... Mickeys Christmas Party legit felt like a rip off for what they were charging and what we got in return.
Thanks! And all of those are included right? My DD23 is going to love the Grinch.

I think you will have a wonderful time. I've become a big fan of Christmas at Universal. Go see Grinchmas. Also the Suess Landings area is decorated so beautifully. Also take time to see the Who citizens. They will be out singing. I also would recommend the New York Area in Universal Studios. They also have the Macy's Christmas Parade. Make sure you see the special tribute store that will open

The hotels are also decorated nicely as well. Some hotels have entertainment in the lobby during the holiday season. It will be busy make a few dining reservations for dinner. Take advantage of early entry.

Thanks.
Sea World is definitely a one day park. But it does have a lot to offer. Sadly never tried any of the food the last time.

LOVE the holidays at Universal. The decorations are so awesome!!! Seussland has SO many lights/decorations, but really all of the park areas are: both WWs, Hollywood area, NY, Marvel.
DD and I took a day to tour a lot of the DVC resorts for decorations/ take pictures with all the trees. we were staying at BWV, so easy to get around. Did all the MK and Epcot resorts, and AKL. Took a while, but SO fun!!!

I figured we could take an Uber/Lyft to Disney and hotel hop.

I really wanted to stay at HRH but the 'standard' rooms sold out before I could book. All that is left are the $1700 a night rooms. :(

It's funny how excited I am about this trip and last year was kind of dreading the xmas Disney trip.

If I download the Universal app, can I link everything like the Disney app? Do I even need to do that? I can only make dinner reservations 30 days in advance?

I figured we could take an Uber/Lyft to Disney and hotel hop.

I really wanted to stay at HRH but the 'standard' rooms sold out before I could book. All that is left are the $1700 a night rooms. :(

It's funny how excited I am about this trip and last year was kind of dreading the xmas Disney trip.

If I download the Universal app, can I link everything like the Disney app? Do I even need to do that? I can only make dinner reservations 30 days in advance?
Yes you can link like the Disney app! But in my experience it wasn’t necessary to as we really only used the apps for the wait times and menus for restaurants. (mobile ordering is a NIGHTMARE at UOR and it was before the pandemic too. Hopefully they fix that)

AFAIK you can't link the hotel or dining reservations in the UO App. You can link tickets. I think it is worth downloading for the show times and ride wait times.

You can book restaurant reservations much earlier than 30 days - not sure how far but I would say at least 90 days. However you don't HAVE to book that far out. If you want Bigfire or Toothsome around dinner time, you probably want to reserve those by 30 days out.

Also I definitely suggest doing a Sea World day if you like aquariums or coasters. Their coasters are world-class - especially Manta! I think it fills more than a day if you have time and want to see everything - it's hard to see it all in 1 day if you also do the coasters.

Infinity Falls may get you anywhere from spritzed to half-soaked, but it is a really fun raft ride with some unique elements so I highly recommend it if not too cold on your day.

I have heard great things about SW at Christmas time, too.

Definitely put SeaWorld on your list for a very full day at Christmas. I think you'd be fine with one day there, but I'd make it a pretty full day. IMHO they own Christmas with their decorations (so festive) and special Christmas shows (exceptional)-- it's really a pleasure to go their during the holidays and going there gets my whole family and extended family into the Christmas spirit.

We did Universal at Christmas for the first time last year with the Meet-Up and loved it. The decorations are great and so many special things included. CampbellzSoup pretty much listed them all. We really enjoyed Grinchmas and the Macy's Parade. They also added a decorated Christmas section with some kiosks and food in CityWalk last year too that had some fun and delicious Christmas treats.

While we were there we took a day to go around to some of the Disney hotels and Disney Springs for lunch/dinner to check out the decorations and go to Cirque (definitely recommend the new show). It was pretty easy to Uber over and then just ride the monorail, busses, etc. to get around to the different Disney areas.
I haven't done SeaWorld at Christmas but overall it should be easily doable in a single day.

I see you did the Express pass tickets for 5 days, and staying at Saphire Falls. Did you run the numbers on upgrading to a deluxe (Portifino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific?). It may be cheaper! Espisally if you have 3/4 people in your room.

There is no availability except for suites at $1500 a night

Thanks.
Please email this to guest.services@disneyworld.com

I see there is more availability now at HRH. It would cost about 1k more to stay at HRH or it looks like my price at Loews could be had with the same exact package I have now for about $250 cheaper then what I am booked at.

If I stayed at Loews, would UO just apply the difference or would I have to actually book another package and cancel the first one?

Thanks.

You can call them and have them do the switch. They should be able to modify it or cancel & rebook and move your deposit to the new booking. If you are switching hotels it might require a new deposit though (and the old deposit would be refunded).

Cancellation for packages has different terms than cancellation for room only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter